Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

To the people who are playing ArmA, how is it?

Just got through playing a few missions on the BeerDrinkingAssasins server. There were some mission (server?) issues that caused two CTD for a few people, me included. I was a bit discouraged by that, but when they saw the drops and changed the mission, we had a literal blast. Total teamwork and support. The extra inventory slots added in the latest patch (and the ability to use ammo in the sidearm slots) created longer sustained offensives, better resupply and sharing of ammo. What a great potential a few slots open up. Thanks BIS. notworthy.gif

And Happy New Year all! yay.gif

Reading these posts really makes me want to get it but worries me to

I REALLY want it..don't get me wrong.

I'm just hoping the problems that are being reported will be fixed is all =)

I still plan on buying it...whether it comes my way *United States* or not

I could always teach myself Czech or something so I can play haha =P

or get the UK version

but my question. In your opinion will my system specs be good enough to run ARMA? I just want to run it through with all of you who have it before I buy it so I'm not disappointed =)

7950 GT OC 512MB

2 Gigs of PC5400 DDR2

Audigy 2 ZS Gamer

and an Intel Pentium 4, 3.2 GHZ processer

anyway hope you all have a happy new year and have a fun time playing ARMA

hope to join you all whenever I can get it =)

I cant shoot on the move (walk) in other than single shot mode (M4, AK74..) but i can walk and shoot full auto with that huge PK MG.. doesnt make any sense.

(Someone should tell this to the CTF bunnies, PK only CTF biggrin_o.gif ).

Too bad it's redicuously inaccurate to shoot the PKM full-auto while standing, let alone while moving..... icon_rolleyes.gif

- dRb

Dont think it matters too much about top spec pc, i think it is like flashpoint where its not really possible for anybody to run on full settings. I got:

7950gt 512

2 gig ram

4200 dual core

I have tried every combination but still cannot run it much above medium settings. dont get me wrong im happy with the way it runs and im sure you will be. Its the view distance that you have to sacrifice to get the game to run smooth. one of the combinations i did get 60 to 70 fraps but like i said you loose the view. Just have to say that im really getting into this game now and think it is really good, was a but unsure after playing flashpoint for so long but its a good sequel..

Too bad it's redicuously inaccurate to shoot the PKM full-auto while standing, let alone while moving..... icon_rolleyes.gif

- dRb

Sometimes it also works with the SAW but only sometimes, you can walk, side step and the SAW doesnt kick or spread much.

pistols.gificon_rolleyes.gif .

Too bad it's redicuously inaccurate to shoot the PKM full-auto while standing, let alone while moving.....  icon_rolleyes.gif

- dRb

Sometimes it also works with the SAW but only sometimes, you can walk, side step and the SAW doesnt kick or spread much.

pistols.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif .

That is true. The SAW is incredibly accurate in this game, even while standing. But nothing a little number tweaking wouldn't fix....

- dRb

or get the UK version

but my question. In your opinion will my system specs be good enough to run ARMA? I just want to run it through with all of you who have it before I buy it so I'm not disappointed =)

7950 GT OC 512MB

2 Gigs of PC5400 DDR2

Audigy 2 ZS Gamer

You should be able to run it well on that spec i should think smile_o.gif

And yeah, give me an M249 And i'll wipe the battlefield clean.. while prone i can destroy vehicles with ease too...

i found this game to be very clunky...maybe the engines badly wirtten, i don't know...

it seems to be like 5 years old...take a look at latest crysis vid...this is the new yardstick...

i am a dedicated BF'er (i got 950+ hours of BF2 under my belt), sure i like RTS's, i just bought medieval2 which is a great game...i loved SHOWW2 and the newer version...COH wasn't bad...

this seems to be more effort than fun...

i spent a day or two trying it, but it just isn't out of the box intuitive for me...

sure anyone can spend long enough at anything and work out how to 'play' it...but that's a test, not a computer game...

i thought this game was really bad...so bad that i had to register to say so...9 times out of 10 i would just uninstall it and forget it...awful...

i'll give you a tip...trying looking at BF2's commo-rose system...that would give this game a leg up...

This game isnt that hard to learn :\ Plus people are usually very eager to help out, just put a message on global chat in a game and someone should tell u what u need to know. Im always helping people who are new to the game. They'll come in and ask about 'what do i do' and u just gotta tell them about the game and map their playing and some of the basic keys...

The reason you find it crap is because you are comparing to other games like battlefield 2, which i dont really like as it is too much of an arcade shooter for my liking. Hence why i played Americas Army until ArmA is released.

I agree the engine needs some refining, but the game is only on version 1.03 which is very early for a game, and also BIS are making this game independantly...

If you dont like it, give it a try after a few more patches and see if you change your mind on the game. And the comms on this game arent too bad, use the number keys to get up the comms list... the orders in this game are much better than BF2 thats for sure, much greater control.

Thank God someone mentioned Americas Army. After my little dissertation, I decided to download America's Army again. Im going to take jack's advice and hold off till the game is fixed.

edit: double post can some mod delete this?

or get the UK version

7950 GT OC 512MB

2 Gigs of PC5400 DDR2

Audigy 2 ZS Gamer

NO, your PC is utter rubbish. It wont play any game at a decent FPS. Sell it for 3$ or something. Or give it away to a poor person. Hell with a PC like that you should give up on games.

Thank God someone mentioned Americas Army. After my little dissertation, I decided to download America's Army again. Im going to take jack's advice and hold off till the game is fixed.

Americas Army will never be fixed mate, the more they throw at it the more bugged it gets rofl.gif .

Americas Army will never be fixed mate, the more they throw at it the more bugged it gets rofl.gif .

How on Earth can someone play America's Army when they have ArmA? That game isn't much fun - especially compared to ArmA. I played it a bit, it doesn't take long to get boring. Personally I think it sucks, but it's free so no reason to complain.

And as for holding off until the game is fixed - what the hell you talking about? It's perfectly playable. A few bugs but it's not that bad.

Yeah, the game isn't unplayable! (after the 1.02)

People who say such things have either no idea what's ArmA/ofp about, and just prefer bf2-style gameplay, or have p2 with only GF2mx. No offense, but If you're a bf2 player and don't like ArmA then do not say It's stupid/bad/unplayable.

There were some bugs in 1.0, and there is still a bunch of them, but those are mainly the realism issiues about which ofp freaks will allways complain. Although I don't like some aspects of ArmA especially compared to Very Big Shooter 2 (even despite the fact that I know It's purpose), I would highly recommend It to anyone who's just keen on computer games, not to mention people that played ofp before.

The reason why I whine about that game Is that I just can't wait for some realism mods, that will appear after the necessary tools are relased.

Hi Guys:

I don't like Bf2. I have played it. Its far too "Arcadey". Got sick of all the patches and cheaters/griefers/vehicle whores and etc.

However..

The last straw for me (demo) was after painstakingly setting up my AI guys (co-op: Locked server) selecting weapons for them etc along with inter locking fields of fire and posture considerations everything was set. *whew* So I shoot the 4 guys in the open field with a sniper rifle and run back to my fall back(defended) position where my guys were supposed to protect me. Just to see an opfor squad automatic gunner glitch through one of the outside walls and shoot me AND the guy i was about to spawn into...

<click> uninstall ArmA demo

"Are you sure?"

<click> YES.

*To be fair- I haven't received the full German version yet, but i would not recommend the demo.

Another thing that annoyed me to no end was how unrealistic the weapons sounded. Is it just me?

Well i got the german download of armed assualt. My comp aint great

amd athlon 64 3300+  2.4GHZ

512 mb ram

geforce 6200 256mb agp 8x

i played allot of ofp and think Arma is awsome even on low settings.All im gonna do first is get more ram and see if i can get better fps. Right now its like 7-30 on low.Mostly at about 12 fps, but when im moving around it playes smooth.

I havent played ofp for about a year, ive been playin americas army. Id rather play Arma anyday now:)

*To be fair- I haven't received the full German version yet, but i would not recommend the demo.

Another thing that annoyed me to no end was how unrealistic the weapons sounded. Is it just me?

Never had that happen here and i played the demo countless times so far, have said this before... go into options, dificulty and set friendly a.i. skill to full, if you are still having a hard time just decrease the opfor skill wink_o.gif .

Weapons sounded fine here, i especially like the AK74 and PK sounds smile_o.gif .

I though the weapons sounded horrible.  Not to mention they hadled very badly.  They have WAY more recoil than they should.  Especally the M-16, M4, and the AK 74.  My ak fires a 7.62x39 versus the 5.45x39 like the ak 74 uses and it doesent kick as much and it doesent even have a muzzle brake like the 74 does.  My opinion on the M16 also comes from personal experiance.

Another thing that annoyed me to no end  was how unrealistic the weapons sounded. Is it just me?

Never had that happen here and i played the demo countless times so far, have said this before... go into options, dificulty and set friendly a.i. skill to full, if you are still having a hard time just decrease the opfor skill wink_o.gif .

Weapons sounded fine here, i especially like the AK74 and PK sounds smile_o.gif .

Heat, I will do that which you suggest. Many Thanks.

Can anyone compare and contrast the demo to the full retail (patched) german version?

I though the weapons sounded horrible.  Not to mention they hadled very badly.  They have WAY more recoil than they should.  Especally the M-16, M4, and the AK 74.  My ak fires a 7.62x39 versus the 5.45x39 like the ak 74 uses and it doesent kick as much and it doesent even have a muzzle brake like the 74 does.  My opinion on the M16 also comes from personal experiance.

Thankfully enough those are things that will be immediately fixed when the modding starts. Not hearing enemy shooting at you half the time especially in MP on the other hand.. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Heat, I will do that which you suggest. Many Thanks.

Can anyone compare and contrast the demo to the full retail (patched) german version?

its the same build.. same gameplay.. thumbs-up.gif

Will probably be considered as spam. But until its released in OZ, I can and do enjoy BF2 (inf only) and especially the Project Reality Mod. Very different. But I am awaiting for ArmA full version 1.96 :P

Thankfully enough those are things that will be immediately fixed when the modding starts. Not hearing enemy shooting at you half the time especially in MP on the other hand.. banghead.gif  banghead.gif

well, but when the modding starts the also downloading countless mods, patche, addons, missions, weapons etc spread out on servers around the world will start.

I hope a system could be designed which would download all the extras. I remember there was this Server Watch program but there should be something build in the game itself, to make it easy for casual players.