Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505's ArmA Special Edition - What ya want?

Well, I'd like to see:

- ArmA arm patch

- Big map of game area, eases planning while in co-op multiplayer

- NO STARFORCE!!! I'm serious: I will not buy it, if it includes starforce.

Starforce has such a bad track record, I will not buy anything using it.

For more info, see:

Wiki page on starforce

and specifically:

starforce controversy

Since I'm a private contractor, I use my computer also for business, and

that kinda obliges me to exercise due dilligence wrt. what I run on it.

Some shady russian company holding it's ltd. HQ in a P.O. box in Nicosia, Cyprus, bullying internet community to silence wrt. it's products, does not give me too good a feeling. I'm surprised BIStudio

actually even considered starforce for ArmA. True, it holds pirates at bay a bit longer than with other products, but the price is much too high for the average user. BIS should take that into consideration also, since BIS has such a good track record with it's user community, IMHO.

I'm surprised BIStudio actually even considered starforce for ArmA. True, it holds pirates at bay a bit longer than with other products, but the price is much too high for the average user. BIS should take that into consideration also, since BIS has such a good track record with it's user community, IMHO.

Shame that BIS have no control over it. I'm sure BIS is against StarForce, it's the Czech publisher that put the StarForce in, since copy protection is not up to BIS but the publisher.

Not sure if there is a point to this thread because i don't think they will put in what you want. But ok i'll give it a go. AA special Edition here's what i want. I want them to bring the game out before Christmas. I'm not bothered about tee shirt, got plenty of them, don't need a compass as where i live places are well sign posted for the country. So i'll say a free meal ticket to any chinese tackaway and 6 tins of beer. Oh and you could throw in a pair of socks, but i'll probably get some of them come Christmas, so there not essential.

no matter how much you moan dudester... in every thread on this forum... its not going to be released any quicker... live with it tounge2.gif

(although I admire your tenacity)

1 - A CD with NO STARFORCE. I will not buy or run ANYTHING containing this malware.

2 - A map of Sahrani

3 - A coupon for that TrackIR thing would be pretty cool

4 - An Armed Assault poster

Real OPORDs, not just a mission statement in the game. I want to see all of the five paragraphs with timelines and all that good shit enclosed. All of this has to be done to US Army standard.

I dont's see on any videos the us woodland units

Is a good idea to add at the game for forest combat zone !! tounge2.gif

a guide withe formule to calculate artillery targets are importante !!

and the mission editing guide!! xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- A discount for TRACK-IR 4

Although this would be very cool, I highly doubt it.

For me;

- The game

- An ArmA compass/binoculairs

- High Resolution map of Sahrani

- A detailed, in-depth hardcover book about Sahrani, or any other background info. The Editing guide is also fine

- All packed in a neat ammo box

- Viper

In the interest of keeping the cost of the SE box set realistic, I would like to see the following included.

-The Game DVD.

-An A1/A2 Size Laminated Island Map with dry marker pen.

-A Keyboard Overlay with standard key assignments.

-A Set of keyboard stickers that the player can use for user assigned controls.

-A Hardback game Manual binder, with a std. 2 hole clip spine, indexing cards, and free space in it, so the player can add his own material too it if he wants.

- An Armed Assault Coffee Mug, or insulated drinking cup.

- All packaged up in a Medium sized khaki green military belt pouch, or something similar that can be used for something else at a later date if need be. (not a khaki green man bag please!wink_o.gif )

I would rather the price of the package was not needlessly increased with paraphernalia like compasses, dog tags, bullet shaped pens etc. as these items tend to cost a lot to be of decent quality.

Cheers

Some stuff about Game2, pic about ingame status or vids or whatever else would be cool, though I doubt it will be there.

a german version wrapped in xmas paper pls and a collins german to english translation book.

- Some EXCLUSIVE addons like a SU25 or a NEW ISLAND, or Nogova for ARMA...

I am surprised I am the only one so far who requested this kind of exclusive addon.

Nobody would like that?

(Is it because there is no real way to make the pbo exclusives? Because two days after the release of the special editions the specials PBOs will be available all over the internet?)

I am surprised I am the only one so far who requested this kind of exclusive addon.

Nobody would like that?

(Is it because there is no real way to make the pbo exclusives? Because two days after the release of the special editions the specials PBOs will be available all over the internet?)

of course you're not the only one who wants this, but I (and probably many people with me) don't think it is realistic to ask such an addon in a 'special edition' of the game. this would be something for a (big) patch or something, not something you give as an 'exclusive' addon while you and they know it will be spread to everyone in a few days, as you mention yourself :P

I personally like the Czech SE, I hope 505 will come up with a similar package.

I would like to have in it:

- Original OFP CWC campaign

- Packaged in cool ammo box

- Arma T-shirt with this text "Supreme warfare simulator" biggrin_o.gif

- ArmA pencil

Nobody would like that?

It wouldn't be possible. The SE is the total responsibility of the publisher. It's highly unlikely that 505 is going to develop its own addons.

I will be getting the German SE, but if the 505 SE package is interesting enough i would consider buying it ( whistle.gif maybe also for the fact i will get a true english version with have to edit it mad_o.gif).

What i don't want to see in the 505 SE package:

- Track IR coupon: Don't understand why peolpe are so jumping for that. BI had (still has?) a coupon, witch is usefull for US customers. We (armamods.net) had a 30€ discount promotion some time ago. Afaik it is done now, but if there is enough interest in it, i guess Andy might do a simular promotion. I just mean, a SE box should have something you can get or buy at the stores. I and many other already purchased a Track IR, so for many that will be an useless gadget.

-Tools/guides/tutorials/whatever: They 'must' be availible for all users (skilled or not). Since they will be availible for everybody, i don't see the point of the 'SE' if they would be in the kit.

What i do like to see in the package:

- High Resolution map of Sahrani (although it comes with all SE pack afaik, it stays handy...if not happy you can still give it to somebody, sell it or hang in the toilet).

-Tshirt with 505streetgames logo in front (small whistle.gif ) and ArmA logo on the back (BIG wink_o.gif ).

-ArmA patch(desert and OD version).

More expensive item, but maybe when bought in big amounts a good deal might be possible:

-One of the 'Troy Soldiers' series ->1:6 minitroopers.

Example:

ts0080.jpg

Offcourse they can be purchased in the shops, but i thought it would fit the package. Maybe a custom made 'look-a-like' caracter of ArmA?

Quote[/b] ]Quote (xav @ Nov. 18 2006,18:49)

Quote (xav @ Nov. 17 2006,04:30)

Nobody would like that?

Quote[/b] ]

I dont's see on any videos the us woodland units

Is a good idea to add at the game for forest combat zone !! tounge2.gif

You are not the one !!!! tounge2.gif

Armed Assault,a drool guard for the keyboard,the Sahrani map,tactical guard on how vehicles work but this is mostly for beginners. If any patches come out between then it would be nice if this version was already patched.

NO COPY PROTECTION

I am German and I ordered ArmA Standard Version (32 Euro)

Today I read that SecuROM causes problems with framerates in NWN2 and there are users who have problems to play NWN2 stable or it NWN2 does not start.

I want to buy a nice 505 Special Edition and give Morphicon Standard Edition as present to my brother or a friend who plays ArmA with me.

http://armed-assault.de/news/securom.html (there are english,french links and comments too)

-CD soundtrack

-no starforce

-track-ir discount coupon

-50 cal bullet/casing (made of plastic??? if metal NOT allowed)

- MAP/S in PDF...along WITH a hi-res fold out.

- PDF documentation on details, about the weapons being used, for both north south.. so all info can be printed out into a slick binder format

Actually I think a discount for TIR4 has some merit... SIMHQ.com had one for TIR for several months.

Natural point has got a monopology on the product so it charges too - however mass publicity going out in a SE game pack means that many more gamers using, and recommending it's product.

The fact Natural point in the U.S doesn't offer a more reasonable pricing is why I don't buy it, because once I go through all the bloody hastle of getting it shipped to australia it just aint worth it!

It's just a slip of paper or whatever, if you don't want it, throw it in the bin with the wrapping paper, you can't say thats something you can't do?