Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Knew it was something simple..... didn't think that simple.

Thanks guys... that was the problem.

Mav

I have the german downloaded version 1.01 of Arma (official)

The 2 installation files are ok (100% no crc errors, downloaded with getright)

Installation went fine, but when applying the language patch 0.8 I get error "crc error in ca.pbo" and something about "integrity check failed..." all other parts went ok (language.bin, missions etc...), then the ca.pbo is missing.

Another try: I copied unpatched 1.01 game to a different hd partition and I still get the same errors but the patcher 0.8 patches the ca.pbo ok...??

I´ve also tried earlier versions of the lang.patch and I always get the same errors in ca.pbo?

Partition is 20GB in size and only Arma is installed on it...defragged and all is ok no bad sectors...as mentioned the 2 installation files ARE 100% OK!

I also installed the entire game on my notebook and patcher 0.8 works without errors!!!

Is there a hardware related bug in the language patch or what gives??? (antivirus / nero / chipset )

Although my ArmA 1.01 is now fully english(copied ca.pbo from notebook to my game rig) I´m concerned if the future BIS patches will refuse to install because of that ca.pbo problem.

OS = Windows XP SP2 finnish

Quote[/b] ]ok added the patch fine.. when I installed the patch I had the back up files checked... now i know it installed fine i wanna delete the backed up files.. andy idea where they maybe?? or what the file name is called thx biggrin_o.gif

Deleting your original/v1.01 files is not smart, as when you want to patch to future bis patches, you will need to be able to put them back..

Please PM me your Patchwise.log located in your arma folder.

Never seen any CRC errors nor integrity check failed. You sure you are running the v0.8 ? How does the installation look like? which file do you run from the @6thsense folder to start the install?

First thing I do when I get home from work...thanks.

Pm sent.

I´ve exctracted the original ca.pbo using eliteness and ArmaUnBin and all went well, no crc errors!

There´s something strange... banghead.gif

Cheers Sickboy, applied German -> English changes this morning and worked great first time. Couple of spelling errors here and there, but nothing I can't live without. Keep up the great work!

If you wanted, Sickboy, I'd be happy to go through a bunch of text files of your translations, correcting spelling and whatnot. smile_o.gif

Just a lil pat on the back too Sickboy an 6th Sense this patch made the difference between lite a day for me, an made my gameplay expierence whats it is.... not havin to wait til Q1-07 or later TYTYTY

let me get this right-i install the game CZ DVD,then the pach1.01 and then 6thSense-ArmA_Language_Patcher_v0.8.exe.

and the game will be pached and translated in to english and not crash! huh.gif

Correct, although the crashing aspect will depend more on your system and the game itself, this only translates language and doesn't alter the games core code.

When I join my server, do I need to apply the language patch to the server files too?

Cause I installed my client today, patched ArmA, then the English-German Patch. Then I joined my server and noticed the Mission brief was in German...

When I join my server, do I need to apply the language patch to the server files too?

Cause I installed my client today, patched ArmA, then the English-German Patch.  Then I joined my server and noticed the Mission brief was in German...

you need to upload the patched mpmissions\*.* from your patched client, to your server, that's all smile_o.gif

Sorry for late reply, will checking for the rest tomorrow aswell smile_o.gif

I run Ger-Eng patch in the installation folder and run the patch. It just start and nothing happen after that. Don't advance in the blue line showing any advance

Any idea?

Btw: Ive installed in this spanish path:

C/Archivos de programa/ArmA

You have to install them the other way around Charlie, patch first then language changer.

I run Ger-Eng patch in the installation folder and run the patch. It just start and nothing happen after that. Don't advance in the blue line showing any advance

Any idea?

Btw: Ive installed in this spanish path:

C/Archivos de programa/ArmA

Best is to reinstall the game, install patch v1.01 (Unless you had the download version of the game!wink_o.gif.

Then unpack the patcher to your ArmA folder and follow the readme steps on installation... (simply running the proper patch program, aiming it to your ArmA install folder and patch it, double check for messages/errors and report those incl the patchwise.log in your ArmA folder)

Goodluck!

---

For the people that wish to help on ironing out the bugs in translations... It would be the easiest if you could make 1 post, which you update when you find more, and let it contain:

- Mission Type: Campaign or Single Mission

- Mission Number

- Mistake Position: Briefing, overview, "subtitles"/radio messages etc.

- If you like you can add the proper wording/fix

The fixes for spelling etc will not be implemented soon as there are not enough reports yet of where and which mistakes there are smile_o.gif So we have to wait a lil.

Sickboy,

I don't know if this was written before. Everything works

correct with Ger. to Eng. just Marian Quandt is still talking

German.

Sickboy,

I don't know if this was written before. Everything works

correct with Ger. to Eng. just Marian Quandt is still talking

German.

Yep, I know, we didn't have a spare English Marian Quandt laying around m8, i'm sorry, but you have to do with subtitles on that part, at least for now smile_o.gif

Just another big thank you for the 'to English patch' works seamlessly biggrin_o.gif

many thanks

leesee

ArmA Patch v1.02 Info: Updated Language Patch ETA Friday Night, CET time, Before end of the night

How to install patch v1.02 if you have installed the language patcher:

Method A)

Take back the original files from Patchwise.bak folder in your ArmA folder, and overwrite the files in your ArmA folder with them

If you used the chopper patch, put back the Addons\air.bak to Addons\air.pbo or if you have a backup yourself... put that one back

Method B)

Reinstall the Game

Patch v1.02

Play & Wait for my upgraded patches smile_o.gif

DO NOT USE 6THSENSE MOD AFTER INSTALLING PATCH V1.02

Here a list of my patchers, im not going to cross post it to the different topics until im finished smile_o.gif

[*]Language Patch v0.6 or lower: Need reinstall of game, unless all files were backupped before. But, The current version of the patch is not compatible.

[*]Language Patch v0.7 or higher: You can put the backups back from the Patchwise.bak folder in your arma folder. But, The current version of the patch is not compatible.

[*]Choppersoundpatch: You will need to reinstall the game, unless you still have your air.pbo backupped, or if you installed it the modfolder way, then you don't need to reinstall anything. But, The current version of the patch is not compatible.

[*]Editorpatch: As this is a modfolder installation... you do not need to do anything smile_o.gif But, The current version of the patch is not compatible.

[*]6thSense Mod: As this is a modfolder installation... you do not need to do anything smile_o.gif But, The current version of the mod is not compatible.

not only are you fecking good , you are on the ball too.

nice attitude and products.

all very much apreciated. notworthy.gif

Good stuff Sickboy - I was just about to ask about that. In the meantime, do you still want us to let you know about spelling mistakes etc in this thread?

So at the moment there is no english language patch for version 1.02, right ?

Thanks guys! Thats all the fuel I need! biggrin_o.gif

I'm nearly ready with patch v0.9

It fixes a few minor things, but of coarse it's v1.02 compatible.

Czech one is ready, German one almost. Putting em in a package and posting within the next 2 hours smile_o.gif

About the spelling corrections etc.. yes, please do send them in, as I want to make v1.0 a spelling corrected version, probably somewhen in the next weeks, so anyone who has some corrections etc, ur very welcome to post them in this thread, I will harvest them and include them. Thanks again!

Update: German version takes a bit longer than I expected, so i'm sharing just the Czech patch with you guys and will release a package incl. german patch in a few moments aswell.

Update2:

German to English patch is nearly finished, will be going into beta in a few minutes, expecting to make a release within the hour