Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Nice one, this translation will be bug-free by christmas xmas_o.gif

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this, it's an amazing job.

One quick question, though: Can the patches be applied on top of each other (ie apply v0.8 to an installation that has v0.7 already installed) or do i need to revert to the baseline 1.0.1 and then apply the 0.8 patch ?

(Sorry if this has already been answered but with a 30 page thread it's a little tricky to find answers to specific questions)

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this, it's an amazing job.

One quick question, though: Can the patches be applied on top of each other (ie apply v0.8 to an installation that has v0.7 already installed) or do i need to revert to the baseline 1.0.1 and then apply the 0.8 patch ?

(Sorry if this has already been answered but with a 30 page thread it's a little tricky to find answers to specific questions)

In a 30 page thread, while on the same page where you post, 5 posts up, is the answer, it's not that hard lol, check it out smile_o.gif

But I will add it in the FAQ for you smile_o.gif

@Sickboy

Do I have to reinstall the game every time you release the new version?

@Sickboy

Do I have to reinstall the game every time you release the new version?

Is there some prank site out there that calls users to fill my thread with the same questions ?? rofl.gif

The guy above you asks the very same thing, I answered it and I placed it in the FAQ of the first post, how about some effort from your side?  goodnight.gif

thanks alot for your time in doing this. one bug ive found tho.

in the training missions, at least on my game, there is no training mission number 3, the part where it tells you how to command your squad. i could really use this part too more than any other, lol.

just to note, i patched 0.8 directly over 0.7. when i was done with the auto installer, it said something like files were skipped or something like that. im wondering if these are the training file i need

That's all fine and well. But how about the updates? Can I put them on top of the previous ones? Or do I need to reinstall?

biggrin_o.gif Just kidding! wink_o.gif

I just wanted to let you know what a fine job you guys are doing! Now, if only someone could do something about the german soundfiles of the reporter. Her speaking German while the soldiers, who she talks to, answer in English sticks out like a sore thumb. And I'm saying that being German myself. wink_o.gif

Hahahaa rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

You really got me m8, and I like it! notworthy.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

I mean it smile_o.gif Will look into the rest later.

Armaholic.com mirror updated as well now.

Sorry for the delay.........I was visiting my new home I got today smile_o.gif

you guys may want to look at a bug in the training mission. its mission three, where u learn to command your squad. its listed as the fisrt training mission, with no title, and it has no text throughout any of the mission, making it difficult to learn the controls.

thanks for all your efforts.

I'm having an issue that I wonder if it may be attributable to the English patch...

In Campaign Mode when I get to the 'Beaten Dog' mission the game loads and brings me to the mission map, then when I click to start it loops me back to the mission selection menu; this process repeats itself every time I click through the menus and won't let me actually start the 'Beaten Dog' mission...

I'm running the Morphicon download version of the game with SickBoy's most recent 0.8 English patch... My system spec seems more then fine to run everything else... I've tried deleting all my saved mission profiles to no avail... Any help appreciated...

huh.gif

Sickboy,

thank you for creating that modification!

I used "6th-ArmA-1.01_GERMAN_TO_ENG.exe". Everything

works because Marian Quandt is still talking german ...

What can I do to made this perfect? smile_o.gif

Greetings, Seraph

ok added the patch fine.. when I installed the patch I had the back up files checked... now i know it installed fine i wanna delete the backed up files.. andy idea where they maybe?? or what the file name is called thx biggrin_o.gif

I'm having an issue that I wonder if it may be attributable to the English patch...

In Campaign Mode when I get to the 'Beaten Dog' mission the game loads and brings me to the mission map, then when I click to start it loops me back to the mission selection menu; this process repeats itself every time I click through the menus and won't let me actually start the 'Beaten Dog' mission...

I'm running the Morphicon download version of the game with SickBoy's most recent 0.8 English patch... My system spec seems more then fine to run everything else... I've tried deleting all my saved mission profiles to no avail... Any help appreciated...

huh.gif

I have the same problem. Running version 0.8, Graphics card is an GF 7800GT

I think I am convinced now going to English. Still wondering why the parch is called 0.8 and not 1.0 wink_o.gif

If you know German and English and military lingo of both languages the German version is a (beep) of (beep).

Why see I "bewegen" why we have such good words as Marschziel, Ziel etc?? Avoiding a long list of words.

For me the English version.

ok added the patch fine.. when I installed the patch I had the back up files checked... now i know it installed fine i wanna delete the backed up files.. andy idea where they maybe?? or what the file name is called thx biggrin_o.gif

You find the backup data in your ArmA folder under

"PatchWise.bak"

Thanks for the bug reports, expect a release probably around upcoming weekend

Thanks for the bug reports, expect a release probably around upcoming weekend

Still using 0.8, and I just found some czech remains (no, not a dead guy!! ) in the briefing of the sidemission "Convoy Attack" of the map "Reconquest". That would be one of the first two chopper missions of the campaign.

Maybe it's already fixed in the latest version, but I thought I'll let you know anyway. smile_o.gif

I have the German version and when I use your converter I get all files converter except:

language.pbo

bin.pbo

ca.pbo

So I try to modify them manually with your method.

I change ALL files within those pbo's to your line:

LANGUAGE,"Czech","English","German","Polish",&quot

;Russian"

--WON'T WORK--

Now I have the GERMAN version so I even tried:

LANGUAGE,"German","Czech","English","Polish",&quot

;Russian"

--WON'T WORK--

I still get ALL menu's in German, no English... what am I doing wrong???

All the other files in the log file show they converted. Just those 3. And I have no trouble using Eliteness to change the file..

I am using Vista Ultimate but the game works in German so I can't see it being that.

Any help.... I have read the forums and nobody seems to hit on this.

TIA

Mav