Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Hi Sickboy, here's some code, if you want your patcher to install from any location.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">for /f "tokens=3 delims= " %%i in (

'REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA" /v main'

) do echo %%i

Hi Sickboy, here's some code, if you want your patcher to install from any location.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">for /f "tokens=3 delims= " %%i in (

'REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA" /v main'

) do echo %%i

Thank you very much, will have a spin at it probably in the next weekend, as i'm going for more proper installers.

It's possible I completely drop bat files though, as it was just easy to create something small and fast when it was needed smile_o.gif

The bat files were moved to 1 folder. The 0.5 was ready and already in beta testing before you made your post.

The final post about v0.5 came after your post, very true.

I didn't use your idea. Also not the parts about going for a modfolder. I put the .bat files in 1 folder as I figured it would be cleaner and less a bitch to delete files or run them, later I prefixed them with the longer names to make them all group together. (Besides, I interpretated your post completely as talking about a mod folder, when you said move all in 1 folder, not that you meant to only move the bat files into that folder)

Believe me when I say that I am very much against using other's idea's and code, especially without permission, especially without proper credits. As I already imply with the show of the credits in the readme and in the posts.

Thanks for the other idea, but more proper patchers are on the way anyway.

Oh well i have no chance to check if what you saying is true, because i posted this before v0.5 was out i belive.

Oh well i have no chance to check if what you saying is true, because i posted this before v0.5 was out i belive.

Indeed, let's keep it on good faith for now then, cause i'm really not gonna waste more words on it m8 smile_o.gif Throw it on Great Minds think alike, whatever!

Many thanks for the excellent translation to everybody involved. I got the german version and - as usual - i hate it. i always get the english versions of the games released here even if it costs a little more. except arma; i just couldn't wait confused_o.gif ...

but your patch saves the day notworthy.gif

now if only there was a way to change the damn reporter voiceover wink_o.gif

seriously - many thanks!

, as i'm going for more proper installers.

how about this

http://www.patchwise.com/products/pwf3info.php

a free differential patching program

just have patched and unpatched files in their respective folders and make the patch from there automatically with this thing

damn easy to use aswell

, as i'm going for more proper installers.

how about this

http://www.patchwise.com/products/pwf3info.php

a free differential patching program

just have patched and unpatched files in their respective folders and make the patch from there automatically with this thing

damn easy to use aswell

Thanks for the tip! Will look into it.

I am tempted to download from Morphicon,but is the translation hard to do?

I am tempted to download from Morphicon,but is the translation hard to do?

For the download version:

Download Game

Install Game

Unpack Lang Patch v0.6 into your ArmA folder.

Run 2 bat files as described in the readme, takes about 2 minutes.

Nope, doesn't sound hard to do to me m8 smile_o.gif

here we go

1.01 german to english patcher

http://www.persiist.com/present/arma/arma_1.01_ger_eng.exe

214KB

i was really surprised by the filesize

here is the profile i used;

http://www.persiist.com/present/arma/arma.ppj

the downloadable german one will need a seperate patcher as it checks .exe consistency before patching to avoid breaking an install

here we go

1.01 german to english patcher

i was really surprised by the filesize

Could you take that offline asap please, as at the very least the proper crediting is missing. Thanks for sharing the profile though. Will look into it, as it seems promising, I might switch over.

there's an apparent issue with the translation

in the keyboard config, several keys disappear

for example the letter "Z" reads as ""

The translation doesn't work for me, I've unpacked all the files in /tools to the arma folder and when running the .batfiles I get alot of errors...

-Moved-

Im thinking about downloading the German Version then getting the English Conversion Patch. At first I was just going to wait for the US version or a demo, but there doesn't seem to be to much news on when those are coming so more and more Im thinking about getting the German Version. My Question is are there any English speaking people who got the german version and English conversion patch? If so how is it? is it fully understandable or is it like botched English? Thanks for any input.

The translation doesn't work for me, I've unpacked all the files in /tools to the arma folder and when running the .batfiles I get alot of errors...

You shouldnt unpack all the files from tools into your ArmA Folder, you should unpack the whole package directly into your ArmA folder. So when you need to tell the path where to extract to when you run the downloaded file, tell it to extract directly into your arma folder.

Quote[/b] ]there's an apparent issue with the translation

in the keyboard config, several keys disappear

for example the letter "Z" reads as ""

That's not a problem of the translation m8 smile_o.gif

The whole game is already available in English on the disc, except the briefings of singleplayer missions/campaign, they were translated manually. All I did for the interface is switching the names of the languages around to get English displayed. Works fine everywhere, no idea why it doesnt on urs m8 smile_o.gif

I would wait for a demo before buying.Im from the US an just got my hands on ArmA an am trying to patch it up to english an stuff. But its turned into a hassle so I think I can wait for it to be released in the US. From what I played I will need the time to over haul my system. But do what you must.

Oh an I didnt see this thread till just now an didnt see this in the readme:

Quote[/b] ]NOTE:

Do not run any of the .bat files twice, you will screw over your installation due to a 'problem' with the used patcher program, so if that happens you will have to put files back from dvd/reinstall, patch to 1.01 etc... and do it over.

I would wait for a demo before buying.Im from the US an just got my hands on ArmA an am trying to patch it up to english an stuff. But its turned into a hassle so I think I can wait for it to be released in the US. From what I played I will need the time to over haul my system. But do what you must.
I'm sorry, but I do not agree. The patch works fine, without any hassle, as long as you read the readme and follow instructions as they should, takes not even 2 minutes, while you even only need to click 2 bat files after unpacking, wOw. Most just don't read readme, read it half or just do otherwise anyway what they please... I can't change anything about that fact, aswell as that it aint my responsebility either smile_o.gif

As mentioned a zillion times, I WILL work out a patcher process that is more polished, but that's probably in the upcoming week/weekend, in the meantime, all you gotto do is run 2 bat files, following the readme, making sure you're game is patched to v1.01

Well at least most of you have a clue.

Us older lads will have plenty of questions once the download is complete. whistle.gif

I'm not even sure how to install it once it's finished. inlove.gif

Let alone patch it to English. help.gif

And here was me thinking l was coming to terms with computers. icon_rolleyes.gif

But as sickboy said, it's only a matter of reading the readme file.

I can do that. xmas_o.gif

I think.....................

I'm not even sure how to install it once it's finished. inlove.gif

Let alone patch it to English. help.gif

And here was me thinking l was coming to terms with computers. icon_rolleyes.gif

That's what readme's are for. If you are unsure how to install something, read the help that is supplied with the package or program that you downloaded. I'm sure the download version got installation notes with them, altough you might need to throw them through an GER-EN translator on the web smile_o.gif

My patcher got a readme aswell, when you unpack the package it will open automaticly.

i can only agree with sickboy,

its so simple, install the game update tot 1.01 and patch to englisch. Just two bat files to run... tounge2.gif

I have the german version and all i can say AmA rocks !!! yay.gif

Just make sure you dont accidentinelyhitt one of the CZ.bats if you have the German version. An dont excute them twice. That part is NOT in the readme.An thanks for the English Patch.

i can only agree with sickboy,

its so simple, install the game update tot 1.01 and patch to englisch. Just two bat files to run... tounge2.gif

I have the german version and all i can say AmA rocks !!! yay.gif

The German download version is already @ 1.01.............

And you wonder why people get confused. wink_o.gif

See i'm already confused, l stuffed up the quote to start with. inlove.gif