Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

If I download the german version from Morphicon, can I use the 0.6 patcher as described in the readme? Sorry if this is obvious but I'm very afraid to mess up my game  smile_o.gif

I would not know any reason why you would not be able to use my patcher.

As long as you have the game updated to v1.01 and then follow the readme steps properly, mind that you pick first the patch, then the patch2-ger and not cz smile_o.gif

I can not guarantee success, it's at own risk, besides, screwing your game up... is nearly impossible, as you can always reinstall, or if there is no installation in with the download version, just make sure you got a total backup of it, at all times, e.g in a rar.

Goodluck m8! Please let us know how it goes so we can add this useful information into the FAQ smile_o.gif

Wow, thanks for quick reply man! If I had my own company I would definitely hire you smile_o.gif

Hi Sickboy,

At first thank you for all your work dedicated to the community. Actually, you've got Arma and you spend all your time helping everybody having problem. I wondered if you had time to enjoy your game so far, hadn't you ?

I also wanted to know if there was any risk to have our official game Installation Key be kicked or banned after joining a server online after patching with your v.0.6.

If the risk existed, I wondered if we could install the game twice on the same PC with one of them remaining in German for online purpose while the other installation directory would be dedicated only for playing single and campain for instance ?

I would like to have your opinion when you have some time later on.

Again thank you a lot for your generosity. You're a real model !!! notworthy.gif

Hi Sickboy,

Thanks for the kind words m8!

Yep, i've been able to squeeze some hours gameplay here and there, but i'm used to dividing my time in developping and gaming anyway, so no big deal!

As I see it, you will be auto kicked from servers running with the verifysignatures (or what was it again?) enabled. I am not sure if you are able to join at all, or you just get a join denied right away. If you are able to join even for just a few seconds, then other ppl might pick you up as cheater and gets you banned on the server. On the other hand.. the language patch seems to be pretty popular and already pretty well known all around, as ppl will notice that patched ppl can't join, they might leave the option disabled until another solution is found, like the location of the language setting in the exe :pp

Installing twice is no problem... you can also just copy your game to "ArmA Online" or sth similair.

Only when you wish to install a new official game patch, you will have to run it once, then when it's finished go into your registry editor and change the path at: HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studios\ArmA\MAIN, to the path where you isntalled the other game, and then run the patch again to patch that version up. You can export the mentioned registry key twice, for both paths, and just import one, patch it, and then import the other one.

Hope this is a bit understandable smile_o.gif

Hmm.. with all this patching my campaign progress was lost. Any chance to get it back? smile_o.gif

Hmm.. with all this patching my campaign progress was lost. Any chance to get it back? smile_o.gif

Double check if ur still playing as the same player as with who you started the campaign.

Left side up at the start of the game you can click your player name and see if you have more characters by accident.

Please check the Campaigns folder in your ArmA folder, and make sure there is only 1 file in, named ca.pbo and no other files.

Goodluck!

Heh. I said to myself that I will reinstall the game one last time today. But I chose a different drive, just to be sure.

Did everything by the book and it 100% works. biggrin_o.gif

Don't know why it didn't work on the first drive. I'm just happy it works now.

So, thank you for your patience, Sickboy, and for all the help. notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Double check if ur still playing as the same player as with who you started the campaign.

Left side up at the start of the game you can click your player name and see if you have more characters by accident.

Please check the Campaigns folder in your ArmA folder, and make sure there is only 1 file in, named ca.pbo and no other files.

Goodluck!

Oh yeah right.. I just changed my ingame name. I'll change it back, one sec...

EDIT: Worked, thanks smile_o.gif

Oh yeah right.. I just changed my ingame name. I'll change it back, one sec...

Nice, another happy camper smile_o.gif

Biscuits, great your install is working fine now aswell...

It would be weird if only removeing the full game before reinstalling, would allow a proper patching ...

I will do some tests soon and add final details to this aswell.

Hi Sickboy,

... Installing twice is no problem... you can also just copy your game to "ArmA Online" or sth similair.

Only when you wish to install a new official game patch, you will have to run it once, then when it's finished go into your registry editor and change the path at: HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studios\ArmA\MAIN, to the path where you isntalled the other game, and then run the patch again to patch that version up. You can export the mentioned registry key twice, for both paths, and just import one, patch it, and then import the other one.

Hope this is a bit understandable smile_o.gif

Again thank you Sickboy.

To be honnest, I have understood by going for instance on my HKLM path dedicated to OFP and see how it was.

I saw that two values were present : one called KEY and the other called MAIN (as you said) and main was the path of my game installation.

I was not aware that official patches usually look at this HKLM location for validating the existence of the game prior to go ahead.

It sounds now very clear (I hope lol) and consistent to me to proceed like you adviced. As soon as I'll get the game (hopefully tomorrow morning from ARMAzon.de smile_o.gif ), once installed I'll export&import my two game locations registry keys one by one for applying the official patches.

Take care.

Cheers !!

Im using the 0.6 patcher after patching Czech ArmA to 1.01 and it is still setting my ca.pbo file to 0 bytes! Any ideas?

E

Im using the 0.6 patcher after patching Czech ArmA to 1.01 and it is still setting my ca.pbo file to 0 bytes! Any ideas?

E

Read a few posts back, ppl succeeded after uninstalling arma, deleting the arma folder and reinstalling, full explaination is just a bit back..

Ok. I have now downloaded the german version and it worked just fine. However, after installing the 1.01 patch and then running the 0.6 language fix I got this message when i tried to start ArmA:

"Wrong disc inserted.

Please insert the original "Armed Assault Game" CD/DVD.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information."

Ok. I have now downloaded the german version...

I smell a ban coming...

Thanks Dave for the Mirror!

Jackal326: If i'm not mistaken, the german morphicon version is legally buyable to download, if i'm not mistaken it's that version that he is talking about. I must admit.. my first reaction was the same, until I realised the morphicon version is now available as pay2download smile_o.gif

Ok. I have now downloaded the german version and it worked just fine. However, after installing the 1.01 patch and then running the 0.6 language fix I got this message when i tried to start ArmA:

"Wrong disc inserted.

Please insert the original "Armed Assault Game" CD/DVD.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information."

Did you try to run your game in between installing v1.01 and the language patcher? If so, I guess the game did run just after v1.01?

If you didn't check, I would recommend reinstalling/unpacking? your downloaded version of morphicon and apply the patch to v1.01, if this is properly working without dvd checks(Copy protection), I would need to buy myself the download version and make custom patches for that one. Altough I personally think it has to do with the v1.01 patch, as my patcher doesn't change the .exe while that's where the protection is built in smile_o.gif

If the game does not boot with just v1.01 on it.. I would recommend checking in with your supplier, morphicon/idea games/bis, to see if there is a custom patch needed for the download version, due to no securom copy protection on the download version?

Goodluck

I smell a ban coming...

Why? Maybe he's talking about the newly downloadable (fully legal) morphicon version. Check out www.armedassault.info!

I smell a ban coming...

Why? Maybe he's talking about the newly downloadable (fully legal) morphicon version. Check out www.armedassault.info!

Yes ofcourse it is the legal download I'm talking about  smile_o.gif I've downloaded it and it worked out just fine.

Ok, I've now tested the 1.01 patch on the downloaded version and it doesnt work for me. So it's not the language patch 0.6 that's not compatible with the downloadable version, but the official 1.01 patch. I hope this issue will be adressed by BIS or Morphicon or whoever is supposed to make this work.

By the way: The game looked AWESOME the little time I've tried it  biggrin_o.gif  As I now got my own copy of ArmA I'm using my first ever dancing bananas:  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

BTW: anyone have the 0.4 language patch available? So I can translate my 1.0 game to english?

I've also hit the same issue--the downloadable version I purchased from Morphicon will give a securom error if you patch to 1.01 with the current German patch. That's because the patch most likely updates securom whereas the dload version uses an online activation key.

You only get 3 activations with the online key until you have to contact Morphicon for more, so I'll probably have to burn up another one to uninstall/reinstall.

BTW, does the online version suffer from the same FPS issue even though it doesn't use Securom? Guess I'll reinstall and find out myself.

I uninstalled and reintalled the German downloadable version after foolishly installing the v1.01 patch. I did not have to reactivate, so I assume did not have to burn another key.

I used the v.06 language patch and everything seems to be in English!

Thank you, sickboy!

Now we just have to wait for BIS to make a v1.01 patch that is compatible with the downloadable version. I wonder if this means we can't play online with others who have patched?

I am currently downloading Morphicon version of the game. 42 euros already spent. What is the best way to turn into into English version? Should I use 0.6 version of the patcher or some earlier one, considering that I can't really patch it to 1.01 judging by some comments.

I uninstalled and reintalled the German downloadable version after foolishly installing the v1.01 patch.  I did not have to reactivate, so I assume did not have to burn another key.

I used the v.06 language patch and everything seems to be in English!

Thank you, sickboy!

Now we just have to wait for BIS to make a v1.01 patch that is compatible with the downloadable version.  I wonder if this means we can't play online with others who have patched?

Could you tell me which version it says in your game panel? Maybe it is already v1.01 with merely a changed exe or sth?

You can see your version left side down after startup smile_o.gif

Since v0.5 this patcher is only made for v1.01 version of the game, it should not work on other versions smile_o.gif

Please check if the download version isn't v1.01 already, if it is, my v0.6 patcher should work, if it isn't ... then I will need to make a special patcher for you guys, as older versions of the patch have bugs, mainly rendering the campaign useless of the german version smile_o.gif

You're right Sickboy. The downloadable version IS 1.01.594 right from the start. I've reinstalled it and run your 0.6 language patch and it's now in english yay.gif Thank you very much Sickboy!

The V1.01 patch is replacing the download version exe file with one that requires the DVD, so duh it's not gonna work.

Also, do you guys not bother checking the version number to see if the download version is already V1.01? It is already V1.01, so you don't need the patch!