Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Your campaign aint 0 byte like Mr Burns?

I have used the patcher on 5 computers, friends included, and the only problem arised with the German version, the Czech worked 100% in all cases, you might try the re-install thing I said to Burns.. or wait for more replies stating if the Translation works proper or improper for them smile_o.gif

Goodluck eitherway!

No, my campaign after patching is 120 075 584 bytes

I tried few times backup oryginal files from ArmA 1.01

and then patching it with cz->en 0.5 patcher...

The patcher is screwy I think, check the files it patched. The campaign file is 0 bytes, thats why you cant see it. i noticed it set some mp files to 0 bytes as well.

The patcher is screwy I think, check the files it patched. The campaign file is 0 bytes, thats why you cant see it. i noticed it set some mp files to 0 bytes as well.

Can you read? I said that my campaign after patching

is 120 075 584 bytes !! And modify date has changed, so

cz->en patcher something changed in that file... But

I can see no campaign.. When I restore oryginal

ca.pbo from 1.01, teh all is OK (but in Czech wink_o.gif )

Ok, im terribly sorry for this... somehow, the same problem applies now to the Czech version aswell, I had a folder CA in my campaigns folder, seems like it took it from that .. the others said everything was fine since they were playing Multiplayer tounge2.gif

My temporary fix until I look deeper into this:

Use eliteness as described in 1st post, unpack the ca.pbo in the campaigns folder, and leave the unpacked folder in there!

This works with my Czech version and probably German Alike!

Possibly it's a difference in the v1.01 version of ArmA, who knows... Will update as soon as I know (expect somewhen in the weekend)

Quote[/b] ]The patcher is screwy I think, check the files it patched. The campaign file is 0 bytes, thats why you cant see it. i noticed it set some mp files to 0 bytes as well.

Why there might be 0 byte files, I explained

over here

@Sickboy

Just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts mate! They are much appreciated!

E

The problem with the new patcher is ArmA doesn't like the pbo format used on the campaign "ca.pbo", I unpacked the ca.pbo with Eliteness and repacked it with PboX and it's showing in game. When I installed the english patcher for the campaign PboX wouldn't even open the ca.pbo either.

Thanks for the english conversion Sickboy and everyone involved, sure makes the game easier to understand lol.

About the mod folder, nice idea, but why make a mod half in mod folders, and half in normal folders (templates/mptemplates/mpmissions are not available in mod folders)

Idea u dont make half in normal folders, just all in mod folder and since you know your mod filder is in game folder you know how many "..\" u need to get into "dta" folder from there e.g. if your files in folder \@6thSense\tools that is in game root folder then you need write this in your bat files.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">copy /y "..\..\dta\bin.pbo" "..\..\dta\bin.bak"

patcher.exe -p"6th-ArmA CZ-ENG bin.pm" -f"..\..\dta\bin.pbo" -v

instead of

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">copy /y "bin.pbo" "bin.bak"

..\@6thSense\tools\patcher.exe -p"..\@6thSense\tools\6th-ArmA CZ-ENG bin.pm" -f"bin.pbo" -v

Idea u dont make half in normal folders, just all in mod folder and since you know your mod filder is in game folder you know how many "..\" u need to get into "dta" folder from there e.g. if your files in folder \@6thSense\tools that is in game root folder then you need write this in your bat files.

You really dont have to explain this m8, really. Like I said, afaik you can no have mpmissions, templates and mptemplates in mod folders, as such... they would remain in the root arma folder, and thats what I mean with that half of the patched files will be in the mod folders and the other half still in the root gamefolders...

Quote[/b] ]Definitely there is something wrong with 0.5 patcher...
And Definetly everything just runs fine if all patching steps are taken, and no double files are ran, double check the readme as it has been updated much in the way of installing. Except the Campaign at this moment, you need to manually unpbo it with eliteness to get it back.

Btw, bug reports like "Really something wrong here" aren't going to help, so please give some details, as which version of arma you have (german/czech) etc. etc. etc.

As promised earlier though, I will dive into the matter and am confident it's easily fixed, aswell as that i'll polish the installer to handle the 0byte file/already patched problem smile_o.gif

The thing that would actually make my life easier (and probably yours too then biggrin_o.gif) would be a commandline unpbo/pbo program which can handle the elite/arma format ....

You really dont have to explain this m8, really. Like I said, afaik you can no have mpmissions, templates and mptemplates in mod folders, as such... they would remain in the root arma folder, and thats what I mean with that half of the patched files will be in the mod folders and the other half still in the root gamefolders...

I dontmean making some kind of mod, its exactly same install as you have now, just it wont spread around game folder as box of snakes when you unpack it.

So the idea of this when you want uninstall you can just delete mod folder and restore backups thats all, u dont have to make more work by deleting .bat files etc. Besides there could be just easy uninstall.bat (in same folder as installer) that will delete current installed files and restore backups without need for user to travel around every folder and do it manually.

If i dont understand something please poit me to this since my english is kind of crappy.

Quote[/b] ]Except the Campaign at this moment, you need to manually unpbo it with eliteness to get it back.

So, no english campaign yet?

Quote[/b] ]Except the Campaign at this moment, you need to manually unpbo it with eliteness to get it back.

The Campaign was already converted and worked perfectly before 1.01

Now that 1.01 is out, there is 1 manual step you have to do to 'fix' your campaign until I have more time to look into it, already posted how to do it in the last pages or even the first post.

The Campaign was already converted and worked perfectly before 1.01

Now that 1.01 is out, there is 1 manual step you have to do to 'fix' your campaign until I have more time to look into it, already posted how to do it in the last pages or even the first post.

Finally It works!!

Thanks for the patch tounge2.gif

OK BOYS 'N GURLS smile_o.gif I got it worked out!

The problem was nothing more than a eeny mini mini mini tiny "PBO Prefix" that needs to be imprinted into the campaign pbo.... after copying the same PBO Prefix from the original campaign pbo's into the edited pbo's... everything is fine!

Sorry again for the hassle... v0.6 will be released today, CET time zone.

v0.6 will include the fixed patchers... better get your game into original state, patched to v1.01 official BIS patch and prepare for v0.6 smile_o.gif

I will not incorporate cleaning/uninstaller files at this moment in time. How to get your game into original state is designated inside the readme anyway... I have decided to postpone further development until at least next weekend, get my head out of this arse for a couple of days smile_o.gif

Aww yeah...

Happy to announce the v0.6 Release of the 6thSense.eu ArmA Language Patcher! Now both campaigns, German and Czech, get patched properly! (was a problem in the PBO_Prefix needed for the Campaign!wink_o.gif

Sorry to say, you have to put back your original files from DVD (or reinstall), patch ArmA to v1.01, install my patch and follow the readme.

Download Links in the first post

<span style='color:RED'>NOTE:

Do not run any of the .bat files twice, you will screw over your installation due to a 'problem' with the used patcher program, so if that happens you will have to put files back from dvd/reinstall, patch to 1.01 etc... and do it over.</span>

I will try to work out a more polished patcher in the upcoming days/weeks! For now; Go enjoy your English game!

Where's the link to the 0.6 patch? smile_o.gif

In the first post, like all the other info? smile_o.gif

Where's the link to the 0.6 patch? smile_o.gif

In the first post, like all the other info? smile_o.gif

Ok now I feel stupid. Sorry sad_o.gif

Strange. my campaing.pbo is not only 109 MB (which was 144 MB). Even the size on the DVD is reported as 109 MB. 1.01 patch reports error and the batch file, too of course.

Update: I have to re-install the game to have the correct campaing.pbo Still 109 MB.

Well this is neat.

But it would be so great if I could have have pictures when I choose a missions in campaign or even in mission mod.

Furthermore it will be greatly enjoyable if I could have have biefings for missions.

Indeed this is not very practical not to know what I am supposed to do when I start a mission.

Still sure it is a good idea to buy a czech or a german version for those who are waiting for the 505 release ?

Quote[/b] ]Well this is  neat.

But it would be so great if I could have have pictures when I choose  a missions  in campaign or even in mission mod.

Furthermore it will be greatly enjoyable if I could have have biefings for missions.

Indeed this is not very practical not to know what I am supposed to do when I start a mission.

Still sure it is a good idea to buy a czech or a german version for those who are waiting for the 505 release ?

If you dont have briefings nor texts then you either used the wrong versions of the patcher, or you did not patch a clean installed v1.01 of ArmA.

Readme states that everything is translated, pretty easy to conclude then that something went wrong in your installation, or not?

It sounds btw as if ur running a Czech game while combining it with german files or visa versa, if this is the case, this configuration is not supported by the patcher.

Strange. my campaing.pbo is not only 109 MB (which was 144 MB). Even the size on the DVD is reported as 109 MB. 1.01 patch reports error and the batch file, too of course.

On the DVD, Czech:

Arma\Campaigns\ca.pbo.gz = 82.1mb

unpacked = 114,5mb

On the DVD, German:

ArmA\Campaigns\ca.pbo.gz = dunno at the moment

unpacked = 109,9mb

How you come by 144mb... god knows biggrin_o.gif

Besides, why even try my Language Patcher if you can't get your game patched properly to v1.01, as the requirement for this lang patch is to have ArmA patched up to v1.01 smile_o.gif

I have both versions for some time. A pal bought the czech but is on vacation ATM. I read 144 MB not 114... Silly me. And I am too tired to properly write now.

I try everything. So I tried the batch, but copying the pbo from dvd to the folder was no solution. So I have to re-install the whole game to get the correct campaign.pbo.

Well, now I make a better backup. The last one vanished with the 6thsense folder.