Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

@sickboy: First at all: thanks a lot for your great patch. Is great.  yay.gif

Well, now waiting for your 1.01 german patch. After that I'll check if there are still some dialogs in CZ (used to be GER, but is now CZ), specialy in training missions. I'll let you now later on.

v0.5 of the patcher due in anywhere between now and 4 hours wink_o.gif

Ok Sickboy the link u posted worked as well as it's program but text are the same... I'm now reinstalling the game and see if it works mixing the folders of the Lang Patcher 0.4 .

I hope you get this sorted Sickboy, you've done a great job so far... notworthy.gif

Just saw this in the readme...

Quote[/b] ]1.01 - Fixed: Modified config test is obsolete and no longer supported. Use verifySignatures=1 in the server.cfg to verify data are not modified by clients. Note: this currently prevents using any 3rd party addons as they are not signed.

I guess this will include the language.pbo and the bin.pbo cause since the patch they are in capital letters in the dirs... icon_rolleyes.gif

Just saw this in the readme...
Quote[/b] ]1.01 - Fixed: Modified config test is obsolete and no longer supported. Use verifySignatures=1 in the server.cfg to verify data are not modified by clients. Note: this currently prevents using any 3rd party addons as they are not signed.

No worries, v0.5 is almost ready, just a few minutes beta testing...

The verifysignatures .. yep, thats something... I am sure we find another solution how to change the language to English sooner or later, so for now we just assume that not too many are stupid enough to enable the verify signatures smile_o.gif

A mod folder version might be a good idea. Would remove the need for an uninstaller..

A mod folder version might be a good idea. Would remove the need for an uninstaller..

Thanks for the tip... not so bad idea at all... Thinking about it!

Altough I dont think you can use templates, mptemplates and mpmissions, in a mod folder or im wrong now?

nope, but you could add them as a new campain / missions to the existing ones....

JUST give me CZ 0.5 and i dont care bout bugs.

Gosh, how rude...

There are many people out there waiting for the next release like me... You really are not helping!

There seems to be a little trick with the german campaign... When the campaign is edited, it doesn't seem to work anymore, and doesn't show up anymore.

The same problem was with 1.0, we found out this afternoon sad_o.gif

I am thinking about releasing a beta v0.5 which will incorporate everything as promised, except the german will not have a converted campaign, until I have had more time to look into it in the upcoming weekend. Let's not go into any conclussions yet as of the reasons for it not working in the german release smile_o.gif

nice one mate.

I think people appreciate that even if that means that they have to patch again next week. better have a beta now and go through the hassle again next week then not being bale to play at all due to a lack of language skills tounge2.gif

There seems to be a little trick with the german campaign... When the campaign is edited, it doesn't seem to work anymore, and doesn't show up anymore.

The same problem was with 1.0, we found out this afternoon sad_o.gif

I am thinking about releasing a beta v0.5 which will incorporate everything as promised, except the german will not have a converted campaign, until I have had more time to look into it in the upcoming weekend. Let's not go into any conclussions yet as of the reasons for it not working in the german release smile_o.gif

i think you can release it , in this state, anyway , many guys are awaiting for a basic conversion . (radio, string chat... )

it's wonderfull mate ! thanks anyway ...

(and hurry up whistle.gif )

Gosh, how rude...

There are many people out there waiting for the next release like me... You really are not helping!

Heh here is my contribution to this mod.

Make all in one folder instead of spamming other foldiers inside game folder, just one mod foldier with all files only requiroment for this is "..\" just have to travel 1 lvl higher from main executable to copy this, and if someone want to delete he dont have to bother looking for all files. And btw why bother with patcher.exe if u can patch all files on your own or ask some of your friends and just release already patched files then even if user versions of some file is not same install wont fail.

Make all in one folder instead of spamming other foldiers inside game folder, just one mod foldier with all files only requiroment for this is "..\" just have to travel 1 lvl higher from main executable to copy this, and if someone want to delete he dont have to bother looking for all files. And btw why bother with patcher.exe if u can patch all files on your own or ask some of your friends and just release already patched files then even if user versions of some file is not same install wont fail.

I dont release already patched files because

1: Copyright issues, checked it with idea-games, they will sue anyone who distributes edited bis files

2: Distributing the whole campaign and everything is hundreds of mb's, this little patch system is only a few kb or mb

3: If you would've read the readme and 1/20th of the posts, you would already know this and I wouldn't need to explain this and use valuable time smile_o.gif

About the mod folder, nice idea, but why make a mod half in mod folders, and half in normal folders (templates/mptemplates/mpmissions are not available in mod folders)

Ok, v0.5 is here... The German Campaign seems to only work when you unpack it with Eliteness... so after my patch... unpack campaigns\ca.pbo with eliteness and it seemed to work! Eliteness link, to get Eliteness to work, unpack eliteness, then unpack depbo.rar in the eliteness folder, then run eliteness and unpack the Campaigns\ca.pbo

If you fail installing properly, you have to put back all original files, repatch to v1.01 and run my patch again... Will write more proper things when I have more time smile_o.gif

Something is wrong with CZ -> EN compaign translation...

ca.pbo looks to be pathed succesfully. But in game, I can

see no campaign in campaigns screen....

Unpacking and repacking ca.pbo with Elitebess didn't solve

problem...

I think there´s a bug with the current patcher.

Did what the readme said, i.e. started patch.bat first and then patch2-cz.bat.

After that i started 6th-ArmA_en_patch-CZ-ca.bat just to make sure it all went good, of course gave me an error message because the file was already patched. But now my ca.pbo has a filesize of 0 bytes sad_o.gif

I see there might be some errors in this one but still.........just so everybody knows.

Armaholic.com has updated the download to v0.5

Get it here.

No registration needed xmas_o.gif

I think there´s a bug with the current patcher.

Did what the readme said, i.e. started patch.bat first and then patch2-cz.bat.

After that i started 6th-ArmA_en_patch-CZ-ca.bat just to make sure it all went good, of course gave me an error message because the file was already patched. But now my ca.pbo has a filesize of 0 bytes  sad_o.gif

You already say what you done wrong, you patched the campaign twice (the general one did it already).

I had not time to polish the installer. The new used patcher generates 0 byte files if the file was already patched, that's of coarse very stupid, but nothing I can change, and this patcher saved me hours of work smile_o.gif

I will work around it and place a warning when it's already patched, and at least doesn't overwrite the proper files with 0-byte files smile_o.gif

All you can do now is get back ur original files from dvd (or reinstall), patch to 1.01, run the lang patcher again properly this time and voila.

I'm sorry, i've already been running massive overtime on this, I am afraid it takes till end of the weekend or next weekend to make a polished installer smile_o.gif Got a community to run and servers to manage, besides... I wanna frigging play sum! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Something is wrong with CZ -> EN compaign translation...

ca.pbo looks to be pathed succesfully. But in game, I can

see no campaign in campaigns screen....

Unpacking and repacking ca.pbo with Elitebess didn't solve

problem...

Your campaign aint 0 byte like Mr Burns?

I have used the patcher on 5 computers, friends included, and the only problem arised with the German version, the Czech worked 100% in all cases, you might try the re-install thing I said to Burns.. or wait for more replies stating if the Translation works proper or improper for them smile_o.gif

Goodluck eitherway!

I also did what the readme said, i.e. started patch.bat first and then patch2-cz.bat,

Then no campaign anymore.

Btw love your efforts here!

Hm, maybe i´ve had that same problem aswell.

Installed my cz version again, patched it to 1.01 and then used the language patcher.

But the cz campaign didn´t show up in my german campaign overview huh.gif