Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Just because the language is already set for English in the config file does not mean that the language is actually set for Engligh.  If the developers scrambled the language names for whatever reason, the "English" setting my very well set the language as "Czech".  How about changing that setting to various different languages and see what happens?  Setting it to "Czech" might show any language except Czech.

You Really think I can come up with all this crap, but can't think of something like this?

Already tried it @ day 1... no go.

I personally think it is the setting for voice, and as that is english in all versions, it would be logical that it is standing on language=english wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hmm .. wonder why no BIS-Official tells us about the right way to do it ..

Well, they're the ones who disabled the feature, why would they tell? That wouldn't make any sense.

I have some interesting informations.

Polish distributor - LEM have confirmed then polish version is NO more based on excel based stringtables!

BIS changed the whole base system? Interesting for me but we must wait until i get the polish version o ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]hmm .. wonder why no BIS-Official tells us about the right way to do it ..

Well, they're the ones who disabled the feature, why would they tell? That wouldn't make any sense.

sense ?

beeing asked about a gamefeature and not replying that makes perfect sense ..

and answering this question:

"Will there be an official way/tool to change the languagesetting in localised Versions ż e.g. german version to english text ż"

wouldnt be that hard ... and i guess that is of intrest for all the people that ordered CZ and German version thats why i postet it to the FAQ ..

yay i would like to see the peeps dancing around when they would ask for certain gamefeatures GFX/Soundalike and get no answers ..

and i guess everybody else looking in this threat considers language as an important feature ..

Exactly how much of the campaign will still be in Czech? I assume any sort of news report?

I am literally salivating in anticipation, and I NEED this game.

Can someone walk me through ordering from here.

Is there any chance that the above will ship to Canada (I'm notbothered by shipping costs).

I'll most definitely buy the English version when it's released, but I need to play this game now biggrin_o.gif .

Thanks.

Exactly how much of the campaign will still be in Czech? I assume any sort of news report?

http://www.6thsense.eu/showthread.php?t=2057

Thanks sickboy.

Could anybody walk me through the ordering prcoess on the site I linked? Also, will it be possible to ship from the Czech Republic to Canada, and how much would the fastest option cost?

Thanks biggrin_o.gif

one good thing about stringtables:

you can edit your own version of death message biggrin_o.gif

%s (%s %d) was killed by a so-called "teammate" when he try to test KEVLAR on his body. (not so "Friendly" fire)  rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]...excel based stringtables!

yeah, good that .csv aint no excel file format to start with. It is compatible in excel and opens in excel's tables. However, fastest edit goes with something like notepad++ or another editor. Strings are separated by "," and not by tables.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.csv

Just because the language is already set for English in the config file does not mean that the language is actually set for Engligh.  If the developers scrambled the language names for whatever reason, the "English" setting my very well set the language as "Czech".  How about changing that setting to various different languages and see what happens?  Setting it to "Czech" might show any language except Czech.

You Really think I can come up with all this crap, but can't think of something like this?

Already tried it @ day 1... no go.

I personally think it is the setting for voice, and as that is english in all versions, it would be logical that it is standing on language=english wink_o.gif

No offense was intended.  It's just that since nobody mentioned trying that, I figured I'd mention it.  I've seen so many people overlook the "obvious"--including myself--that I can't help but point out anything that wasn't explicitly covered. Here's one of many reasons why:

At a store where I was doing service work once, the manager complained that his currency verifier device (an ultra-violet light) was not working. So after I verified that the bulb was seated properly, I traced the power and verified that it was plugged in. Still it wasn't working. Just as I was about to grab a replacement light bulb, it occurred to me to try the power switch. Lo and behold, it turned right on. Idiot me assumed that the manager knew how to turn on a light--and as for the manager, he assumed the thing would work without having to turn it on.

Hey, look at the bright side; at least I've spared observant readers from attempting to make the same suggestion.   smile_o.gif

No offense was intended.  It's just that since nobody mentioned trying that, I figured I'd mention it.  I've seen so many people overlook the "obvious"--including myself--that I can't help but point out anything that wasn't explicitly covered.  Here's one of many reasons why:

Non offence taken m8, we all have the same cause & target biggrin_o.gif

Nice story btw, and I know exactly what you mean wink_o.gif

Keep up your efforts, Sickboy, for the sake of one of the first Australians to get his hands on Armed Assault, please!

It'd be great if you were finished by the time my copy arrives, in about 2 weeks or so.

Keep it up. smile_o.gif

So the conversion method (from polish to english) is also doable to german to english? I was thinking of ordering arma from amazon.de.

Cameron, where did you get your copy from? BuyArma.com? (Im a fellow Aussie...)

I found a way to turn the game FULLY into English, except the Briefings & Overview of the Single Player Missions and Campaign.

But I already got m8s working on translation wink_o.gif

Caution: any modification of of any .pbo files supplied with the game can result in anti-cheat detection triggering in. There are probably no servers testing for this yet, but as there will be more users and more servers running, and we will suppky a documentation for this, you may start getting problems with this.

I found a way to turn the game FULLY into English, except the Briefings & Overview of the Single Player Missions and Campaign.

But I already got m8s working on translation wink_o.gif

Caution: any modification of of any .pbo files supplied with the game can result in anti-cheat detection triggering in. There are probably no servers testing for this yet, but as there will be more users and more servers running, and we will suppky a documentation for this, you may start getting problems with this.

well i dont know if the forum is "the right place to discuss these things" but i may ask a question ..

are the files "hashed" and hardcoded in the .exe or is it like u need to have the same files as the server like e.g. Missions in OFP ?

Thank you very much for this info and message!

Let's await the documentation of the anti-cheat, and pray that in the mean time... there might come an option available to select language smile_o.gif (Any hints?  wink_o.gif)

Besides, I personally think that the most important for ppl is that the singleplayer parts are in English, as the storyline should be understandable to get sucked in, for Multiplayer most missions created will be English anyway I guess... If at some point you really would have to switch back original files for Multiplayer (Altough there are nearly always SOME ways in OFP/ARMA, maybe wink_o.gif) Then I guess that is a small 'price' to pay smile_o.gif

BTW, just to say directly to you as Developper.... What you guys did with OFP and ARMA.... it's an amazing thing... You guys got a big fan (And Fan-community!!!wink_o.gif), and that will probably remain as long as there will be OFP-alike games! Keep up the great job... you guys create dream games for us!

@Sgt. Hurley - I outbid some other smacktard for it on Ebay, except it will cost me 250 AUD. rofl.gif Good thing I'm rich and I have 3 months worth of holidays coming up, or I'd have waited, but I just couldn't resist, and I'm rolling in spare dosh.

@Suma - good thing I don't play online.

So the conversion method (from polish to english) is also doable to german to english? I was thinking of ordering arma from amazon.de.

Same thing but Suma just said it might cause problems "if" the anti cheat system kicks in.... whistle.gif

Just curious, if we pull this conversion, and people release missions with English-only briefings, like me for example, since I don't speak Czech, does this mean we won't see a briefing at all?

And if a mission is released with BOTH Czech and English briefings, we'll be seeing the Czech one, true?

yeah, but you wont be able to see the french briefing I guess. And hwo does this affect the modders? would it still be possible to use a replacement sound pack or something like llaumax, skypacks, dxdll....hmmmm. I wonder...

Just curious, if we pull this conversion, and people release missions with English-only briefings, like me for example, since I don't speak Czech, does this mean we won't see a briefing at all?

And if a mission is released with BOTH Czech and English briefings, we'll be seeing the Czech one, true?

If we can not change the language by setting, then:

[*]Czech+English mission csv...  You need to pull the same trick as with the rest of the game. (but no worries, an auto-patcher is in the works, especially for the game, but I think we can add another feature that automaticly does it for any mission/pbo that you select, or even a whole folder full of them biggrin_o.gif)

[*]If there is a mission with only 1 language, or your language is not available, it should switch back to the first available language which should be English I guess