Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Sickboy whats the game online play like. Does it lagg (Deysinc)

or is it ok now. Just i remember OFP been awful for Deysinc.

Latest news...

Screenshots to prove: http://www.6thsense.eu/gallery/showimage.php?i=6771&c=14

Language.pbo in the Addons folder...

Unpbo it,

change all stringtable.csv files like before (I just used powergrep to edit all files simultanious):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"English","Czech","German","Polish","Russian"

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"Czech","English","German","Polish","Russian"

And voila, all the rest of the game translated aswell smile_o.gif

(Except single player mission/campaign briefings & overview sad_o.gif)

Repack it with makepbo or winpbo

(btw you can also put the "Czech" on the german, polish, or russian place... to get those languages wink_o.gif)

Same goes for MULTIPLAYER missions, they have also english included stringtable, and even briefings and overviews, for now I just unpbo'd them, replaced the briefing.czech and overview.czech by the english ones, edited the stringtable.csv and voila.

Now if we could only find the spot where it decides that it's the czech version... then we don't need to do all this crap smile_o.gif

Have you tried a switch command on the exe...

Its a long shot but on some games with launchers this is how it sets the lang.

For EX:

arma.exe -lang eng

(Except single player mission/campaign briefings & overview

Check the mission dirs if there is briefing.Czech.html and briefing.html files, that might help.

(Except single player mission/campaign briefings & overview

Check the mission dirs if there is briefing.Czech.html and briefing.html files, that might help.

I wrote exactly that method down for the Multiplayer missions, plus I added to that text that those needed files are not included in the single player missions nor campaign, so sorry.. no go biggrin_o.gif

What about Linx's idea.. ? and i quote

Quote[/b] ]

Group: Members

Posted: Nov. 12 2006,03:58

Have you tried a switch command on the exe...

Its a long shot but on some games with launchers this is how it sets the lang.

For EX:

arma.exe -lang eng

It might violate an agreement with 505, the publisher for the English version.  That doesn't mean, however, that they can't offer the Czech version as a downloadable purchase.  I'd get it then convert it to English.  Later, when the official North American version came out, I'd buy it.  I'll bet they could easily double sell it like that to plenty of us who want it NOW!

Hope I will get my copy for next weekend.. Will definitely convert it to English. I wonder if we could arrange a translation project for the mission briefings..?

Hope I will get my copy for next weekend.. Will definitely convert it to English. I wonder if we could arrange a translation project for the mission briefings..?

I'm already setting this up in my Community...:) Thread Link

I will monitor progress and speed... If it is too much work/progresses slowly, I will also try to involve ppl from here

It might violate an agreement with 505, the publisher for the English version. That doesn't mean, however, that they can't offer the Czech version as a downloadable purchase. I'd get it then convert it to English. Later, when the official North American version came out, I'd buy it. I'll bet they could easily double sell it like that to plenty of us who want it NOW!

I would pay to download now, and once it comes out in North America I would buy it again, without a blink!!

It might violate an agreement with 505, the publisher for the English version.  That doesn't mean, however, that they can't offer the Czech version as a downloadable purchase.  I'd get it then convert it to English.  Later, when the official North American version came out, I'd buy it.  I'll bet they could easily double sell it like that to plenty of us who want it NOW!

I would pay to download now, and once it comes out in North America I would buy it again, without a blink!!

same here buddy, same here...

I will download a version online, I was to pre-order it but since I won't get a single word in the game, really not worth it.

They probably know how stupid it is to have a Czech and German versions when English,Spanish and French are the most popular languages in the world and even more stupid when only Germans and Czechs are playing the game and the rest of the world can't because there is no English or Universal version at all.

It would take like a few days to translate the whole game to another language.

Then peoples will say... wait until 2007.

Sure, come on.

But it's not BIS' fault and I know, but it's important to mention it, since I've never seen such a thing in my whole gaming life.

I'm already setting this up in my Community...:) Thread Link

I will monitor progress and speed... If it is too much work/progresses slowly, I will also try to involve ppl from here

One more thing we are gonna need is some kind of executable patch that will apply all the changes automatically. Once that's done, nobody will have to wait for 505 release to get the game... smile_o.gif

One more thing we are gonna need is some kind of executable patch that will apply all the changes automatically. Once that's done, nobody will have to wait for 505 release to get the game... smile_o.gif

I think I might be able to arrange that aswell... i'll post an update if so.

Can someone please host these two files somewhere or send them to a fan site? This is real difficult to do.

That's not really nice.. 505 is still by far BIS biggest publisher so doing them a huge disfavour will definitely hit back on BIS too.

True, that kind of stuff wouldn't pay off in the long run.

@Sickboy - great job with this, I intend to have Armed Assault by mid December, and I assume this will be a great help, from what I've seen. Kudos to you.

That's not really nice.. 505 is still by far BIS biggest publisher so doing them a huge disfavour will definitely hit back on BIS too.

So what you are exactly saying is if there are 3 million copies sold in czech, and 1 million for the english version ... that's worse, than when there are 1 million copies sold in czech and 3 million copies for the english version?

It's the amount globally that counts right, not where it is bought?

So what you are exactly saying is if there are 3 million copies sold in czech, and 1 million for the english version ... that's worse, than when there are 1 million copies sold in czech and 3 million copies for the english version?

It's the amount globally that counts right, not where it is bought?

Sickboy can you host your two files somewhere please. Many are needing this and it took me an hour before I gave up. Thanks man. I partially have mine translated.