Sign in to follow this  
KingC

Flying on a RC plane with motion sensing goggles.

Someone had an idea to mount a controllable camera on an RC plane and connect it to motion sensing video goggles.

It looks like using Track Ir on a real-life application and the video of it functioning is breathtaking.

Video here: http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-2237947353453839215&hl=fr

Just imagine the possible entertainment or military applications.

WoW truely amazing.My mate who's a RC nut is going to love this!

Good Find KingC. smile_o.gif

fun

Are you seriously that devoid of effort that the only thing you can muster up to post is "fun" ?

lemme try.

bah nevermind too much effort.

anywho, as someone who flies RC planes, damn that looks awesome.

im sorry, fun.

I had an R/C plane once.

It was a very cheap one, like $30 with a battery that lasted about ten seconds if I was downwind... icon_rolleyes.gif

It was actually pretty cool, but I hit a few trees and one of the wings cracked in half.

I fixed it with some packing tape and decided to go somewhere without trees, which I suppose would have been a better choice to begin with.

I guess it's worth mentioning that it was pretty much impossible to control really, as it didn't have any flaps or rudder control - only speed +/- with provisions for turning provided by powering up or powering down one of the two motors.

So I went out to an open area and powered up. Up, up, up it flew... probably 100 feet in the air when... something went wrong. woops. Yeah, it was the wing. It kind of folded back up, but it was still attached. Fortunately I still had about half of the almost no control that I started out with, but then it plummeted about 50 feet, broke in half, and hit the ground and shattered into about 4 pieces. It actually almost hit someone. I was happy it didn't. Anyway, that was the end of that plane. It never flew again.

I was pretty bummed.

So, after never learning my lesson the first time, I decided to get an R/C helicopter next. It was much more awesome. I would run it into trees left and right and it came through every time. This was one strong helicopter, I tell you.

Then it hit a tree too hard, and broke. So I attempted to attach the motor and rotor to a piece of cardboard hoping that I would at least get a piece of cardboard that would perhaps spiral out of control enough to provide at least some amusement. That experiment failed, so I threw it away.

And that is the extent of my experience with R/C planes.

Yup.

I think I'll fly a kite, or perhaps a massive sail made of garbage bags next time.

fun

If that's all you can contribute I would suggest you find another thread to post in please smile_o.gif

Hasn't this topic already been covered somewhere? Sure I remember it from another thread........

i think you're thinking about that tank you could control over the internet?

No definitely this plane, maybe someone sent me the link via IM or something though........

Darn!!! That is soooo much better than "fun".... thats very cool.

I fly RC planes, but <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>THAT</span> is the ultimate way to fly a miniture plane .... cuz you are virtually the pilot with a view like that.

Can't wait till someone packages that for retail smile_o.gif

Well if someone could combine the equipment into a kit, I imagine it would sell very well.

That video is bookmarked, I'll have to look into this.

Wah, amazing... absolutly amazing smile_o.gif

I had such a plane one but my father flew it into the window of the next house... After that I took a ship rofl.gif

That is an amazing video!

When I was a school kid I attached a simple disc camera onto a kite and used an R/C unit to operate the shutter and auto wind on! It wasn't a great success as the pictures were a bit fuzzy and I smacked it into the ground on its first flight, which finished six weeks worth of unofficial homework!  biggrin_o.gif

Later I came across instructions on how to build a model hot air balloon using crepe paper by cutting lots of crescent shaped segments and sticking then together to form the balloon. I didn't have any crepe paper though, but the week before the bin men had accidentally left a whole pile of black plastic bin liners by our front door so I used them instead and made a gigantic 6' x 4' black plastic balloon with a basket full of firelighters!  biggrin_o.gif

Guess what? Yep it lifted about 10' off the ground then it melted, dropped like a rock and caught fire!   rofl.gif