Sign in to follow this  
aus_twisted

CTI in ArmA

I'm wondering how the CTI's are in ArmA and what options they give you, also can you play against the AI in coop and by yourself etc?

Any info would be appreciated.

BIS please give us more information on the CTI mode.

Or someone video tap it. Cause I haven't seen anyone mention it in the game.

hhahaha yeah 245 users online.. what is the record yet ? biggrin_o.gifwelcome.gifwelcome.gif

Hehe i see before "355 user unline" wow_o.gif

Yeah I'm chipper now, thanks for that... must be a theme to keep our minds off not playing ArmA as XeNos on this thread threw my focus for a moment too with his Signature GIF inlove.gif

Forum thread

Come on BIS update the web site and flood us with info to passify our need while you are all playing ArmA over there

huh.gif

Let's get back on topic here, stop talking about my sexy avatar and monitors.

I want to know what CTI is like in ArmA!!!

I haven't seen ANY in-game screenshots or footage of it!

Is it even there?

Not a problem though cause the community could easily port over CTI from OFP.

Someone must have tried it... the new game mode that will handle all the many players and last hours.

I would like to know how it plays, is it like CTI or is it good?

Yes, this one particular "mode" of OFP has kept a *lot* of life in the game, yet CTI in ArmA has barely got any coverage as yet ...... crazy_o.gif

The SP will keep me a week or 3 ...

The MP Coops, CTFs and C&Hs another couple months ....

But Addon making, scripting and CTI will keep me about another 5 years biggrin_o.gif

We need info!

IS it like the CTI we used to?

Do you have money?

do you need to capture towns?

Hows the respawn?

How does JIP come in?

Is there a Commander?

pistols.gif comeon!

nice find.

Ah I have some of those EPJ guys in my MSN, ill ask them. smile_o.gif

We need info!

IS it like the CTI we used to?

Do you have money?

do you need to capture towns?

Hows the respawn?

How does JIP come in?

Is there a Commander?

pistols.gif comeon!

Yes and

- what buildings do we have?

- how are the prices, e.g. what cost a KA50 and what a M1A1?

- is the full island in use or just a part it, or both?

No1 with details till yet?!

now i am getting boring in this forum.

there are so many people out there that have the game allready and nobody can give us information.

does BIs dont want they give us infos about CTI or is there no CTI?

i am going to get mad allready.

I'd like to know as well. If it's a mishmash of Battlefield and RTS, then I'd prefer just to port RTS-3 to ArmA. I may end up doing that anyway since there's a level of complexity that can be added that this included version probably won't have in it.

I'd be willing to bet it's a dumbed-down version for the masses. Not that it would be bad. It might serve as a good 'school' for newbs who can later graduate to play a true RTS-style mission.

Plus, rescripting some parts of RTS-3 would give me a chance to add more depth if the scripting has a lot more to offer--which I hope it does.

Now if I could just get my hands on a Czech version...anyone know where I can buy it online? biggrin_o.gif

I'd like to know as well. If it's a mishmash of Battlefield and RTS, then I'd prefer just to port RTS-3 to ArmA. I may end up doing that anyway since there's a level of complexity that can be added that this included version probably won't have in it.

I'd be willing to bet it's a dumbed-down version for the masses. Not that it would be bad. It might serve as a good 'school' for newbs who can later graduate to play a true RTS-style mission.

No offense but Arma is not a rts game, if they included a cti game mode not including money, factories and spawning buildings and assets out of nowhere is actually a good thing... "dumbed down" is too much of a strong description imo, im hopeing they went for something believable and game fitting, to keep the imersion factor high.

I hope someone will make the most realistic full island conflict ever for Arma, where joe grunt cant just hop in a helicopter and the diferent classes serve their purposes wink_o.gif .

hmm the EPJ guys I know dont speak english well enough to translate, he barely understood my request lol

But if BIS CTI does not include money, mhq, commander, buying stuff etc, it shouldnt be called CTI, to avoid confusion.

no money, no commander, no stuff smile_o.gif

On start you have only one base with vehicles (abrams, hummer, ...) and one heli. There are flags in city with resistance as defense. If you kill them all and if you hold this position for 60 second, base is yours. From main base (or supply base) the supply convoy move off to you. When it arives to the base it changes to supply base (you can repair vehicle here).

You can respawn only in main base (i think). Empty vehicle is destroyed after some time.

Sorry for bad english goodnight.gif

Thanks alot Celoush, sounds great. They can call it island control or island assault, it doesnt matter.

The supply convoy thing sounds good, much better than factories and money, lets see how many people and how long a session of this will take biggrin_o.gif .