Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

INteresting comparison...

note they're not my screens smile_o.gif

http://www.kolerazie.com/bild01.jpg

http://www.kolerazie.com/10kmhigha.jpg

They seem to have changed saturation a bit...

Best thing ever!

I remember the first arma screens, like this:

ArmA_04_org.jpg

Then I edited it a bit, so it looks like this:

ArmA_04_edit.jpg

I'm very glad ArmA now looks more like how I edited the picture, cause I don't like the blue'ish touch in the original screenshot.

Fantastic work BIS!

MfG Lee thumbs-up.gif

BIS finally has the camera FOV done right. it looks like depth AND situational awareness are both there!

Lovely, I think we gonna see atmospheric usermade cutscenes and intro's in the future.

Are there any new camera commands in Arma worth to mention?

Those pics ! ARMA looks way better than my expectations.

I have the same video card as Ian

edit: mod welcome to delete this post if you cleanup....photo comments thread

BIS finally has the camera FOV done right.  it looks like depth AND situational awareness are both there!

I actually dislike the increased FOV. You get a slight fisheye view which doesn't look that realistic even though it will make gaming easier. I liked the claustrophobic feeling you had in OFP. Hopefully it's editable in the user config like in OFP.

Anyone else have the idea we could make a Myst-style RPG game out of ArmA?

*ducks*

Anyone else have the idea we could make a Myst-style RPG game out of ArmA?

*ducks*

That's the game we call "Game 2". smile_o.gif

rofl.gif

No presents this year then Boy's and girls!

Did you have to set the date to December 24th/25th for that to happen or has Old Fat Arse been stuck there all the time! wink_o.gif (No disrespect to Father Christmas lovers intended)

Damn BIs had time to add animated fingers AND put santa in the Chimney!wink_o.gif

BTW, are easter egg images spoilers too?

All of these shots are amazing.

Quick, off-topic question.

Is the game more CPU or GPU intensive? A mix of both? Is it well optimized?

I have a 256mb 7900 GT (@ GTX clock speeds - the only difference between my card and a GTX is the 512mb of VRAM), 2GB of DDR2 RAM and.. a 3.00 GHz Intel P4 Prescott CPU.

I surpass all of the rec. specs, but my CPU just meets it. What would you guys reckon I will be able to run the game like?

Also, I assume HDR and AA can't be enabled in tandem?

Also, I assume HDR and AA can't be enabled in tandem?

They can if you have an Nvidia 8*** series or ATI x1*** series video card.

http://forrestal.webd.pl/arma/2006-11-14(05).jpg

I was REALLY hoping for an animation to bring up your compass and map while in game. Realistically, pulling out your compass could take at least 3 seconds and taking out you map could take at least 5 seconds.

We should NOT be able to read our compass and map instantly. You need to be in a safe place/situation to take time to use these. confused_o.gif

BIS finally has the camera FOV done right. it looks like depth AND situational awareness are both there!

I actually dislike the increased FOV. You get a slight fisheye view which doesn't look that realistic even though it will make gaming easier. I liked the claustrophobic feeling you had in OFP. Hopefully it's editable in the user config like in OFP.

That's because the new headmodels are shaped like fishes. Just look at the distance and placement between the soldiers eyes. Talk about peripheral vision... biggrin_o.gif

That's about the only thing weird i've spotted on this beautiful game!

That UI is blah. I hope it is one of the things we can mod.

This might sound trivial and pointless to most people, but it just screams "rushed". I normally wouldnt say anything about a UI when the game(engine) is so well done, but this is like MSPaint puked all over the screen.

[Edit] I really only mean to express minor disappointment. But I truly hope it is moddable. It would be nice to be able to "skin" this puppy.[/Edit]

Thanks for your contributions Czechs.

I remember seeing one screenshot of a PDA. Is this PDA still in ArmA? May MAA3057 have a screenshot of it to reconfirm?

Any images of ArmA in widescreen yet? Are any of you lucky czech guys playing on widescreens? I'm strongly considering buying such a screen. The only thing I need to clarify is that ArmA looks good on it thumbs-up.gif