Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

Ian Malcolm's pic... of me. smile_o.gif

Notice how I look like a ghost? When making your own face, you'll have to be sure it's as dark as the original - I increased my file's brightness by 50 percent when I started, and I look as ethereal as anything.

The HDRI might lighting it up allot, but good advice about darking it. I think a nice artificial tan might be in order, unlike us in real life, these digital "us" have been out in the field. whistle.gif

Cant wait to get back to doing mine!

How would one go about mapping his/her own face in Armed Assault?

::confused::

@ viper2588

You get the jpeg and if you want an easier time,get the one with wireframe and add the color mapping,then modify it to get your face in there,ask nicely for somebody to test it whala,you could do it in OFP too,just have to name the jpeg "face" and then go to the custom head in the character profile menu.

INteresting comparison...

note they're not my screens smile_o.gif

bild01.jpg

10kmhigha.jpg

They seem to have changed saturation a bit, and different landscape textures add do quite a difference. The old pic has definiately more the "classic" ofp colour saturation and textures, though I like the new one pretty well, especially when looking at the other new screens. Maybe the difference is also due to the game-time... Apart from that they've definately added an improved LOD-system, as you can see that close ups are far more detailed (grass!wink_o.gif while the game has scaled down detail in the distance. Gives the landscape a bit of an oblivion-style feeling, though BIS has done a much better job in adding an actually still good looking LOD than bethesda did tounge2.gif I guess these these optimizations must have been really beneficial to performace, as when compared to older AA versions where Heavy stuttering on high-end machines were reported...

I must say I'm really happy the way AA has turned out in graphical quality while preserving the old OFP feeling!

Mmmm, Choc-Chip 6-Color Desert cammies. So that makes ACU (all be it with USMC bodyarmour and pouches) 3-color and 6-color. Nice variety there biggrin_o.gif

Loving the three monitor stuff, shame it stretches tho. But if you've got your monitors set up right it shouldn't look too bad, perhipheral vision and all..

22 FPS on High detail level? Please, tell me something about your PC. I will compare with my hardware.

not my pics as I stated above... but if I recall correctly it was a 4400 core duo with a 7600 and 1 gig ram. No guarantee on that though.

edit

mybe we should take the talking to the Arma photography comments thread as this one is getting increasingly filled with non-photographic posts... icon_rolleyes.gifsmile_o.gif

All in all the only texture type question i would like answered would have to be due to curiosity,why did they change the south sahrani uniform to chocolate chip rather than keeping the tri colored uniform?

Looks great, it seems that you can place yourself in some areas in certain weather conditions and just go sightseeing tounge2.gif

Ian Malcolm's pic... of me.  smile_o.gif

Notice how I look like a ghost? When making your own face, you'll have to be sure it's as dark as the original - I increased my file's brightness by 50 percent when I started, and I look as ethereal as anything.

The HDRI might lighting it up allot, but good advice about darking it. I think a nice artificial tan might be in order, unlike us in real life, these digital "us" have been out in the field. whistle.gif

Cant wait to get back to doing mine!

How would one go about mapping his/her own face in Armed Assault?

::confused::

Instructions on how to do this were in one of the threads that Placebo unpinned recently. Try looking towards the ends of those... wink_o.gif

what about the water? ocean with dophins and fish?

smile_o.gif

What? They never said anything about that so don't get your hopes up.

what about the water? ocean with dophins and fish?

smile_o.gif

What? They never said anything about that so don't get your hopes up.

hehe smile_o.gif

i really would like to see the water effect..

maybe some fish are implemented..

they didnt said there were fish or not, confirmation would be nice tough, I ask this because the water looks so damn real that some times we think we see somethings inside whistle.gif

Nah your just senile nener.gif

Unfortunatly water effect is not something that can be demonstrated by imagery,it can only been really by video. I just hope they kept the waves like OFP:E,in terms of being effected by the weather anyway.

I'm curious if the camera is forced under water or if you can put it under water by default,if so then that opens possibilites for under water addons,submarines having more use,plantlife,fish and so on.