Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Redux

Quote[/b] ]I'm looking at releasing the rest on Sunday. TSF + South African Mercs + Pumas (Ikar conversions), Safari Rover by Messiah, missions, etc. 18 single missions plus a DMA Dynamic mission by Honcho.

great news, can't wait for the south african mercs. i guess, they will be in the resistance side with the government units.

i was afraid for one thing; that you didn't keep the word "Tango", i like to hear the BIS voices tell this word. tounge2.gif

the tsf pbo will alos have 2 smaller config pbos that have all the TSF/Merc units on the east and west sides as well. I'd put it all into one config, but I'd mess up something, so to make it easy you'll have 2 smaller pbos bas_tsfe.pbo and bas_tsfw.pbo.

About the other Bushfire's work. I wish I could have included it, but they never offered. A LOT of people offered or just sent me addons to use for the Tonal pbo but those two worked with me on it daily and never offered...

I don't know what I did wrong, but installed Tonalredux and get this message: "Preprocessors failed on file campaings/boh situations/descritpions/exit-error 1" I have installed a number of mods to OP recently and have had no problem with any of them except for Tonal, and yes I did also download and add Jam3 and Face2 to the addons for Tonal. So what gives, or what the hell am I doing wrong?

Dwayne

I don't know what I did wrong, but installed Tonalredux and get this message: "Preprocessors failed on file campaings/boh situations/descritpions/exit-error 1" I have installed a number of mods to OP recently and have had no problem with any of them except for Tonal, and yes I did also download and add Jam3 and Face2 to the addons for Tonal. So what gives, or what the hell am I doing wrong?

Dwayne

Well, BOH Situations is the name of one of the Battle Over Hokkaido campaigns... Weird that you're getting an error message because of that, when trying to run Tonal Redux huh.gifhuh.gif

Have you tried running only Tonal Redux, without any other mods loading?

Quote[/b] ]I don't know what I did wrong, but installed Tonalredux and get this message: "Preprocessors failed on file campaings/boh situations/descritpions/exit-error 1" I have installed a number of mods to OP recently and have had no problem with any of them except for Tonal, and yes I did also download and add Jam3 and Face2 to the addons for Tonal. So what gives, or what the hell am I doing wrong?

Dwayne

Go to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\Operation Flashpoint\Users\YourOwnUsername\Saved\campaigns

Look if you see any Battle of Hokkaido campaign folder there (i don't know the exact names the folder have).

If you see one, delete it, it will delete the last save you made when playing BOH campaigns , that could be responsible of the error

Launch OFP with only Tonal mod folder now.

If the error continue to appear :

Go to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\Operation Flashpoint\Users\YourOwnUsername\

In there, open the file UserInfo.cfg with Notepad ,then scroll down to ..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">currentCampaign=.....

what is wrote there ?

If it is the name of one of the Battle of Hokkaido campaign, change it to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">currentCampaign="1985";

To have your last selected campaign being the CWC

Exit and save the changes.

Now you should be able to launch OFP with any mods and without this error message anymore.

About the other Bushfire's work. I wish I could have included it, but they never offered. A LOT of people offered or just sent me addons to use for the Tonal pbo but those two worked with me on it daily and never offered...

Yeah, it wasn't quite done. We've donated what we have to the Arma bush wars team, though.

Greets Ebud

I'd have a small request regarding Tonal Redux. Could you please release the flags for all sides in the upcoming units/mission pack? Please.

they're in the bas_opfor.pbo

Reb.paa

Gov.paa

edit: also need one more day of testing, so no release tomorrow, but Monday is looking really good. It'll really be worth it if your looking forward to the TSF etc. It's really going to be a badass release smile_o.gif I'm way more excited about these addons than the main release.

Quote[/b] ]they're in the bas_opfor.pbo

Reb.paa

Gov.paa

Thanks! I (wrongly) assumed they're not included, since someone asked about them.

I don't think it was documented, and I've never used them so I forgot about them.

Sanctury,

Thanks a lot, changing the current campaign to 1985 did the trick! Wonder why it read bohsituations tho as I have at least 10 mods and the problem only happened after I had installed Tonal Redux? Again, thanks again and now I can start playing this great looking one.

Dwayne

Dwayne

I also had this. Solved it by moving the BOH mod campaigns to /@BOH/Campaigns folder from the regular /Campaigns/ folder so that they are only accessed when I run the game with the BOH shortcut (-mod=@BOH).

looks like ebud is playiong with them instead of working on them  tounge2.gif   come on ebud give us those TSF / MERCS / PUMA / SAFARI JEEP   stuff  after you gave us that then you are allowed to play with them  tounge2.gif

(yes im angry i just learned i have to wait on arma until Q1 2007 and now these things are late too.  i can't take it any more i need help !!!!!! )  whistle.gif

(yes im angry i just learned i have to wait on arma until Q1 2007 and now these things are late too.  i can't take it any more i need help !!!!!!  )  whistle.gif

Don't worry we all feel the same way.

(yes im angry i just learned i have to wait on arma until Q1 2007 and now these things are late too. i can't take it any more i need help !!!!!! ) whistle.gif

Don't worry we all feel the same way.

I really hope you guys are kidding when you say "Your angry because these things are late". Just keep in mind addon makers have real lives which they work around too and are making all these addons for you for absolutely nothing.

I said they weren't ready today a page back banghead.gif

And I've been fecking working on this crap non-fecking-stop for days it seems so back off.

smile_o.gif

Just reinstalled OFP for this and the RHS releases... And I have to say that I adore your work, Ebud. Big thanks to all involved! smile_o.gif

I said they weren't ready today a page back  banghead.gif

And I've been fecking working on this crap non-fecking-stop for days it seems so back off.

smile_o.gif

i dont care....  you just keep working and no sleeping until released  tounge2.gif

(as always i dont mean a thing of what i say  just killing time until release  tounge2.gif )

Quote[/b] ](ebud) edit: also need one more day of testing, so no release tomorrow, but Monday is looking really good. It'll really be worth it if your looking forward to the TSF etc. It's really going to be a badass release  I'm way more excited about these addons than the main release.

i cant wait.. you did a incredible job with tonal and its forces (i still haven't thank you for it  so consider this a thank you  biggrin_o.gif )

ps take youre time it will only result in better and better addons

A question, if already asked and answered I'm sorry:

Ebud will you fix the bridges not alligned to ground I mentioned some time before?

We played a bunch of mission on Tonal recently but these "ramps" after each bridge sucks a little bit tounge2.gif

Also: can you bring the DShK MGs on low tripod back as they was included in original Tonal? These on high tripods are good, but to have both versions would be outstanding. smile_o.gif

Thanks again for all the work you've spent (and still spending) in this project. I'm having lots of fun with it, no doubt of that.

I miss the bridge at lorengau pass... if you knew how many times i "lased" that bridge for my air support to destroy....

A question, if already asked and answered I'm sorry:

Ebud will you fix the bridges not alligned to ground I mentioned some time before?

Sorry, no. confused_o.gif

Everything being released is "as is". The overall changes needed vs making a patch and another DL just isn't worth it. I'm sure you can easily make those changes on your version of they affect your gameplay that much. smile_o.gif

Also there are some really nice DSHK packs I use as well, so I'm not going to redo things that are done better elsewhere. Sorry.

I've yet to see a bridge on the new version that wasn't usable at normal terrain setting. they may sit a half meter low at most, but I haven't seen them affect anything, especially in any of the missions.

And sorry about taking out the long bridges. They were just plain silly. Nag did a great job on the original, but this isn't the original and I thought all those bridges were just no right on an island like this.

i dont care.... you just keep working and no sleeping until released tounge2.gif

You'll get nothing and like it pistols.gif

Just putting the readmes together, and one last walkthrough of the addons and missions. About 24 hrs from now they should be posted. Maybe a couple hours sooner. That's about it.