Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Redux

Top notch work to all involved! notworthy.gif

I am having a blast playing the campaign again...Kickarse pistols.gif

Two things, one is a config error i get at the start of each campaign mission at the breifing screen : Config.bin/CfgWeapons...Galil_Mag_SN

The other is for everyones info, the FML horror pack casues a model glitch with the militia and civilian models. The problem is with the FML pack, as it does this to several other models from different packs.,,The fix is dont use the FML pack thumbs-up.gif

Toanl Redux is wicked

config error i get at the start of each campaign mission at the breifing screen : Config.bin/CfgWeapons...Galil_Mag_SN

I get that message too

Here is some New work (this is the easiest why any one could do it) rebelplaneshh5.png I was planing on using my own work but i am not vary good at scripting and Footmunch is the master of scripting and modding so i will combined the best of the best and give you all what you've always wanted, good clean fighter on fighter, ground attacking air pack for Tonal

thanks for the bug report, I'll fix that.

config error i get at the start of each campaign mission at the breifing screen : Config.bin/CfgWeapons...Galil_Mag_SN

I get that message too

Weird. I don't get it. I dig those MiGs too, RockIsland. I'm a grunt at heart, though... smile_o.gif

TSF
woohoo! Will they have ears this time?  rofl.gif

edit:

Mirror @ofpc.de

Tonal Redux

LOL! I never new that!

Shows how much I pay attention to things.

BAS was one of my "ALL" time Mods ever!

It's good to play it again.

But..! This time it's even better.

I got it to work in FFUR 2006 as well.

Better enhanced wise in FFUR!

Can someone release those Mig planes.

As an addon with the roundels already on them?

Just to make it easy for us lazy and dumb people. ( rofl.gif )

Anyways.., "Thanks to everyone involved. And Special Thanks to BAS!"

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Two things, one is a config error i get at the start of each campaign mission at the breifing screen : Config.bin/CfgWeapons...Galil_Mag_SN

Glad somone else mentioned this as i don't like to rain on anyone's parade! I also get it. This update is fantastic by the way, notworthy.gif

I never had it as I only tested the campaign missions in the editor.

It's an easy fix. In the description file in eash mission there is a leftover mag from before the opfor were final.

In the next release this weekend the fixed campaign will be in the DL.

Ebud I already tried all of those, it wasn't any of them, I think you can hear it on the south of Kimbe, at the shacks.

You can hear it here too:

bug report

the choppers rebel's mi24 and mi17 are the model standard bis

Ebud I already tried all of those, it wasn't any of them, I think you can hear it on the south of Kimbe, at the shacks.

You can hear it here too:

Oh, that. It's on the map as an object, but you can also find it in the mission editor as a placeable radio or as a sound for a trigger.

Can't remember which it is, but that plus a few others you can place.

bug report

the choppers rebel's mi24 and mi17 are the model standard bis

There are no rebel choppers other than the Bell. This isn't a total conversion mod.

//edit// You can find a complete list of units included in the readme smile_o.gif I wish people would read those. lol. I should do like Nehp did and put a password in it for the addon.

sorry ,it's my mistake

but i find this choppers in éditor/east/bas-véhicles/mi17(A) and mi24 (A)

Ah ok. I'm not sure what those are, but they aren't for Tonal. I remember them but not where they came from.

Not your mistake, it's mine for not actually looking into it smile_o.gif

They're part of BAS_H.pbo, basically, they are BIS choppers in every way, but re-configged so that machinegunners (and to a certain extent regular soldiers) will engage them.

3 years ago, when they were first released, that was fairly important. Other mod teams have since created new Hinds and Hips which essentially take over the role of the "(A)" choppers.

Exactly, it doesn't work in a mod folder. My download has no "bin" directory or config.cfg.

It does work if I throw it straight in my RES folder, but it still calls a few addon errors with the galils.

This isnt a total conversion mod, so its doesnt NEED a bin folder and the related files.

The galil config issue is just a bug, either a typo or a missing class, nothing to do with the "lack" of a bin folder and bin\config.cpp

i can gaurantee you it does, I packed the final download and its what Im running on my computer. As deadmeat said, are you getting confused with what Tonal entails, or have you simply extracted it to the wrong place.

place the download rar in the operationflashpoint directory, not in a mod folder and THEN us 'extract here'. The rar already contains a tonal mod folder, so perhaps its extracting a mod folder into a mod folder for you, hence it doesnt work.

the addons directory should be in:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\@Tonal\Addons

and there should be 11 pbo files.

if there is an added extension in that directory after the 'OperationFlashpoint' then thats the problem. If none of that solves it, then I cant help you much further - perhaps its a corrupted download, but winrar is usually pretty good at flagging that up.

Yep, that's what I did. But when it creates the mod folder inside it is the Addons folder, the Campaign folder, the DTA folder but no BIN folder - where the config.cfg should go.

I wiped my previous version of Tonal before installing the new one. Was this a mistake?

This isnt a total conversion mod, so <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>it doesnt NEED</span> a bin folder and the related files.

Just extract all the other files, edit the shortcut to use the @Tonal folder and it'll work fine.

Now that that's all fixed, I'll reiterate.

I set it up to use a mod folder for several reasons.

So you could have multiple Tonal installations if needed.

So you could have a clean version to run without ANY other addons or mods.

So the custom animations Sanctuary did for units like these could be used without overwriting any other mod or default animations.

So I could use personal sound files such as the french voice pack for immersion. American voices just sound really odd with these addons.

It was setup so that you could run the addons and campaign with better performance since these were made to run by themselves with no other mod running. These addons are not that system intensive, but combined with other mods the performance hit is unacceptable even on my brand new computer.

I may not have explained it well enough in the readme, and if so I apologize for any mix ups caused.

In first time, thanks for this update ...very good job ! smile_o.gif

I just want to know if this scripts variables always works with the new update:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- BAS_OPFOR_Effects = 0 disables all the smoke effects (tank smoke device, Mi24 rocket smoke, Mi24+Mi17 rotorwash)

- BAS_OPFOR_Gov_TankSmoke = 0 disables the automatic smoke device on all Gov tanks

- BAS_OPFOR_Reb_TankSmoke = 0 disables the automatic smoke device on all Rebel tanks