Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Redux

Quote[/b] ]Don't know why, but when I launch the Dynamic Tonal mission, I just get a sunset view, and that's it. I have to alt-tab OFP and shut it down from Windows.

Which one? Made by the DMA (the mission)? Or the one based on GDCE (FA Sonora campaign)?

EDIT: Oops. Sorry. You actually sait the mission name (Dynamic Tonal). So my question lost it's purpose.

Make sure you have the new TSF addons installed. I have no idea really why it would do that. I've been playing it quite a bit.

Also...

You HAVE to give more info.

What mods are you running if any?

Are you just running the Tonal addons or others as well?

have you tried just running all the Tonal addons as well as just the TSF?

What tonal addons are you running? have a screenshot of the addons folder your putting them into?

Did you install everything as you should have or just put them where you liked?

Exactly what mission are you running and are you running it as a mission (as it should be if it's just the Dynamic Tonal) or did you try to play it as a "campaign" (which only works for Kutya's campaign)

You gave literally nothing to go by and you HAVE to let us know if you even tried to fix it yourself and what you did that did not work.

Ummm... Did your milk go sour or something huh.gif

Chill...

I'm running all Tonal addons, including TSF. I don't remember which set I downloaded as there are so many links in this thread, but it was the first one I came across, then I downloaded the first fix I came across and just unpacked that rar into my Tonalredux folder, voila.

Here's a screen of my Tonalredux addons folder

tonaladdons.jpg

Oh yeah and I'm running Tonalredux with the SLX mod config, but I doubt that's the issue, as I can play all other Tonal missions.

OK?

xmas_o.gif

Have you tried without the SLX mod ?

If it works for you without the SLX mod, i imagine it can always be a variable in the mission you try to play and a variable that is a part of the SLX mod that could have the same name and so create some kind of conflict ?

Actually I remember trying it before I installed the SLX mod, and same thing happened, no mission

Forum be eating a lot of posts today confused_o.gif

I really don't think E needs to chill. Its usually helpful to post whats going on when you get bugs, rather than just "hmm, bug..." wink_o.gif

EDIT: I just tried that mission with SLX and it totally locked up, so try it without SLX or the Tonal Redux SLX bin, just generic @Tonalredux with no other mods running and it should work. If not, redownload the files from the first post in the TSF thread.

EDIT2: The first post in the TSF Redux thread has been edited to clarify if you need to patch or not.

EDIT3: After playing Tonal missions with SLX all evening I can see why you wouldn't want to give it up though.

I have been playing Dynamic Tonal with SLX since it was released, I wouldnt want to go back playing it without. So here is no problem with starting the Dynamic Tonal mission with SLX, I am using SLX version 1.07, but also have been using 1.0 1.3 and 1.5 with the mission and never had any problems.

I actually would suggest using SLX since it brings much more intensity to the mission.

When using SLX with Dynamic Tonal I use a clean modfolder for tonal addons and a seperate one for SLX. I havent tried using the Tonal SLX config yet though, that might be the one causing problems.

Ebud,

Thank you for this fantastic update. Quick noob question, for the life of me, I can't get mission 4 of the campaign (internal conflict) to end. I had the same problem with the Insurgency campaign pre-redux. Never completed mission 4. I assume it's because there's still a tango alive someplace but I've never been able to find him. I looked at the mission in the editor but haven't yet figured out what it takes to end the mission.

Any ideas?

Thanks

El

If you don't mind losing a bit of atmosphere, you can always do the next (well, not always):

press left shift + numerical minus (not hold, just press), and type "endmission" without the quotes.

I use this sometimes, when I think I ended the mission, but for some technical reason the end script won't start.

please, can someone tell how i can play with tonal and slx at the same time?

Go into your SLX folder; look for Mod Configs/@Tonalredux and copy the Config into your Tonal Bin (back it up!wink_o.gif

In your shortcut add: @SLX;@tonalredux

Finally go back to SLX/GL3 settings- uncomment Tonalredux sounds so you can hear the African dialect.

i have a problem: i downloaded and installed tonalredux, but there's no config.bin or bin folder. i try to start the game, but it start like normal ofp (whith desert island and standard animation). i feel that my file is corrupted, but i tried to download it from different locations and it's still the same. and i can't overwrite the config.cpp, because i haven't one in my modfolder. HELP!

I may be wrong but as far as I remember, Tonal didn't come with a Bin so I just created a new folder. Tonal doesn't have it's own splash screen so it will look like vanilla ofp - until you start the missions or campaign.

If you don't mind losing a bit of atmosphere, you can always do the next (well, not always):

press left shift + numerical minus (not hold, just press), and type "endmission" without the quotes.

I use this sometimes, when I think I ended the mission, but for some technical reason the end script won't start.

Thanks mate. Worked like a charm (though I'm still curious to know what it normally takes to end the mission).

Quote from Hellfish6 in the tonal topic from addons discusion

Quote[/b] ]All the original Tonal missions have been converted and we're testing them now. The original BAS Delta/Ranger missions on Tonal have not been converted.
And from 456820
Quote[/b] ]Well me and my clan will start cnverting them once tonal update comes out since we aint part of the team  

And yep we shall b releasing them to everyone on these forums proving we arent beaten to it.

Any news about these converted mission's yet guy's?

sigym7.jpg

How do you convert the old missions to the new redux pack? i tryed to just play them and it crashes....... Also here is a copy of my mission sqm which has the new sgt eversman lsr rangers, and tonal redux shit and it doesnt work i was wondering if anyone could help maybe im missing some addons im just gonna post the addons part <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">addOns[]=

{

"sgtlsracu",

"BAS_OPFOR",

"HYK_USsoldiers",

"sjb_tos_weaponspack",

"lsr_uswp",

"jam_magazines",

"SUCHusmc",

"editorupdate102",

"c8x_usmc",

"bas_o",

"BAS_TSF"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"sgtlsracu",

"HYK_USsoldiers",

"BAS_OPFOR",

"SUCHusmc",

"BAS_TSF",

"editorupdate102",

"bas_o"

I'm having trouble finishing the 'Militia Dump' mission, No3 I think.

Cant destroy the two dshk's. The Gunners are dead as is almost every other enemy unit, however the actual guns cant be destroyed even after multiple airstrikes and a number of almost point blank rpgs.

I assume the guns need to destroyed? or have I foolishly missed something?

When a BMP ZU23 starts to fire at me my pc reboots everytime.. banghead.gif

Did total reinstall of OFP but made no difference anyone got any ideas ?

Is this problem specific to Tonal Redux or does it also occur using a BI shilka? If so I think it's a sound card/driver issue, do you use a SB Live card?

All other similar weapons work fine, e.g vitapc zu23mm.

If I get in & fire an empty Tonal ZU23mm it works fine.

I have downloaded both tonal packs again incase i had corrupt dload but made no diff,still rebooting.

Yes I have a Soundblaster Live.

help.gif