Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Redux

congrats, i love the first one.

will this have any problems sitting alongside the FFUR 2006 v2.5 addon pack, compatibility wise?

cheers

Well i play with FFUR 2,5 and no problems as of now, but i havnt played the campaign or any already made missions with 2.5 but it works .

The FFUR 2.5 ACU Camo fits perfect with Tonal

omg those too houses lifted off the floor about an inch is hardly a bug.. i have no idea how you spotted that unless u were inspecting every house individually from the ground [i did tht from the air btw]

Hmm, i think i will like this version more than the original, the jungles looked good but they werent very playable and more bush/less jungle sounds better to me, a more dusty and dry African feel.

I might reinstall OPFR because of this, would like to try out some MP so any server running tonal redux mod let me know wink_o.gif .

A very big thank you to everyone involved smile_o.gif .

First bug report. The militia guys, both East and Resistance, the torso is a bit off-set. It looks to be set a little to the right, when looking at the back in 3rd-person view.

Thanks for the bug report, but it won't be fixed as it's not that big of an issue. Can you post a pic? I have just never noticed it before. I also wouldn't really call that a bug, lol. Just an annoyance. Do you notice it in missions or only when you look at the units in 3rd person in the editor?

I haven't played any missions with the new Tonal, so I've only noticed this in the editor. But anyway, two pics. Theres only one militia guy in the pics, but this glitch appears on all of them.

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE 2006-11-11 09-06-47-01.th.JPGFLASHPOINTRESISTANCE 2006-11-11 09-06-50-57.th.JPG

There is something conflicting with your setup. I had that as well one time. But when I removed another addon it went away.

I can't swear to it, but I think it was the Farmland addons or their HP addon. I may be wrong there, but it IS an addon conflict somewhere. To fix that, run a clean install, or start removing other addons until that goes away.

Ok here you go, location is Vanimo. Lower part of the city.

Terraindetail is set to Normal. No change when set to low.

Thanks for the bug pics. Doubt I'll fix it as to me thats not worth a patch quite yet smile_o.gif Well, I may fix that, and if more bugs are found I may release a patch. Maybe, but thanks again for the pics, at least now I know what the bug is smile_o.gif

Thanks a lot Ebud and all the modders involved in the new Tonal. It's awsome. it's sooo Africa smile_o.gif

omg those too houses lifted off the floor about an inch is hardly a bug.. i have no idea how you spotted that unless u were inspecting every house individually from the ground [i did tht from the air btw]

What exactly is your problem? I think I clearly said that it's nothing critical, it was Ebud who asked me to post pics of it. Otherwise I wouldn't tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]While quickly moving around on Tonal I found a few houses floating a little bit over the ground and one bridge is a bit below the ground. But no serious bugs found yet.

But to answer your question: I spotted them the first second as I was driving from the bridge to the west.

Of course you don't find such "issues" when flying around wink_o.gif

Wow i Love this Island !!! ^^

Thank you Ebud for this masterpiece ! thumbs-up.gif

ps: All old Missions work for me also JugleOp but it's funny to play ! rofl.gif

notabug.jpg

if someone has a similar problem: remove the tcp_testdog addon

remember this addon is also found in the VTE mod

(the older versions im sure of, the latest i am not sure)

My suggestion is that before anyone reports a bug, run plain vanilla OFP with only the @Tonalredux MOD folder and all required addons.  

If it is a map bug, also report the map grid location and object ID (you can find this in the editor). This will make it much simpler to locate and/or solve problems.  I'm sure Ebud will have no problems fixing them as long as he can reproduce them.  Also take into account that things like terrain detail settings can make things appear on your system that some of us will never see.

replayed some old tonal missions on the new update isle.

over all i like the new look. although I would suggest to leave at least some of the jungle area on the map.

What I like most are the updates towns with very nice looking objects and the new units and vehicles.

Great work Ebud and team!

Kind of old days, when BAS was contributing so much to our community....

Fantastic, I`ve been waiting for this mod quite long time! I even think that Redux is less laggy than previous version of Tonal. No bugs observed yet.

Thanks for very detailed background and intelligence data regarding Tonal, it makes the game lot more interesting and ravishing.

Great job Ebud totaly love this new Tonal.

BTW -{GOL}- Can server has now been updatd with Tonal Redux.

However we havent had time to convert the missions but the missions that came with the pack are uploaded.

But anyway great work Ebud. Love it! notworthy.gif

My suggestion is that before anyone reports a bug, run plain vanilla OFP with only the @Tonalredux MOD folder and all required addons.

If it is a map bug, also report the map grid location and object ID (you can find this in the editor). This will make it much simpler to locate and/or solve problems. I'm sure Ebud will have no problems fixing them as long as he can reproduce them. Also take into account that things like terrain detail settings can make things appear on your system that some of us will never see.

I'll fix the bugs reported and shown so far, but like Rudedog said, please post either a pic, a map grid or a object id. I'll get a patch out next weekend along with the next release.

With the next release there are 2-3 clues on the map as well as a placable object or two that might let you know what that might be. The TSF are only one of the things being released.

I won't say, but it'll be fun.

Guest Ti0n3r

Congrats and thanks a lot for this release Ebud. It rocks smile_o.gif

I made quick skirmishes between 4 groups and tested it all over the island: in desert hills, in high grass, on bush plains and in the cities of course.

Noticed nothing wrong or strange - it's sheer fun !

Performance is ok although i was surprised a bit i got better fps in a big city than between those bushes (viewdistance 700).

Other tests i did:

3 Rebel groups in a city --> 28 fps

3 BIS resistance groups on same pos --> 40 fps

This is ok since the new rebels/gov troops look absolutely great ! Thanks for the release smile_o.gif

I've played a few missions on this and I am amazed. It all looks fantastic and I often find I've made an fps gain.

*Heads back to drive Land Rovers around Tatu*