Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Redux

Thanks W0lle.....I had an older version of that file. It worked!

First bug report. The militia guys, both East and Resistance, the torso is a bit off-set. It looks to be set a little to the right, when looking at the back in 3rd-person view.

Thanks for the bug report, but it won't be fixed as it's not that big of an issue. Can you post a pic? I have just never noticed it before. I also wouldn't really call that a bug, lol. Just an annoyance. Do you notice it in missions or only when you look at the units in 3rd person in the editor?

Great work! Too bad you removed all the jungles from the islands though. sad_o.gif

Mirror by OFP.info

Tonal Redux (183 mb)

Required

JAM3 (13,5 mb)

Facestex2 (14,6 mb)

Yeah, I knew some wouldn't like it, lol. You can always use the opfor on the old islands... or use them like I will on Anderson's upcoming jungle island smile_o.gif Or even some VTE jungle maps smile_o.gif

While quickly moving around on Tonal I found a few houses floating a little bit over the ground and one bridge is a bit below the ground. But no serious bugs found yet.

Overall I must say, it's far better then I expected. Great job! smile_o.gif

You have to post pics where that is as I have never seen that before. What terrain detail are you running?

who knows, perhaps just a corrupted/broken download on my end, but that hasn't happened in ages.

Anyways, interestingly enough Nogova is much higher poly-per-cell than either tonal map. The two tonal's max out at about 11k polys per cell, but that's skewed by a couple high-density zones. (FYI, the aloe's on the small island are a bit heavy.) Actual practical max is closer to about 8k polys per cell, and averages much less.

Nogova's actually just over 18k polys per cell max, and that's quite evenly distributed in the vegetation on the north.

In all fairness though, nogova doesn't have to deal with 4x the static matrix size in the engine, and it's well within the boundry of the proxy positioning limits imposed by the imprecision of float values.

ok tested the stuff and im very happy with what i've seen so far. A total quality over haul to most of the units and vehicles in the tonal pack. biggrin_o.gif strange thing is sometimes it even runs smoother than old tonal did and that im very suprised off.

haha love it that you added custom boats to both teams even though they are very low tech. The rebels boat really feels like its a weak rebel boat ready to be sunk in any encounter. I never even saw the rebel boat fire at the goverment boats. crazy_o.gif

On the smaller tonal island in the town of Lae there is a big white building that is nearby or partly ontop of the church and that building is hovering a meter or so above ground level tounge2.gif

Also at one base on a mountain top on the main tonal island a large hanger type of building was not that bullet proof or man proof either. I could walk through certain parts of it and i could shoot through the walls.. that could be annoying when you are fighting a.i soldiers in that large house or that are and they shoot you right through the walls biggrin_o.gif

this was a really great update, have to get some sleep soon, thx for the goods Ebud! thumbs-up.gif

Ok I jsut checked in-game and there are no floating buildings in Lae.

Are you SURE your using ALL new pbos and not some olds ones from the old Tonal pack?

I run a clean OFP install with only the new Tonal pbos installed and I don't get any of those bugs.

Can you look and make sure you have no other old TOnal pbos installed.

You also have to show pics for me to know what to fix as I don't have that problem with my map. I've had a whole ton of people test these and that has never come up. It might very well be, but not for me and I never heard or seen it before. lol smile_o.gif

blah blah blah

Shin.... what the hell are you talking about? lol.

You scare me sometimes. I can't tell if your a genius or just crazy smile_o.gif

I'm talking about the total number of polygons from all objects placed within a cell. It's handy to know to identify areas of potential high-lag.

Where do you get that info? That would really be a handy tool to have. whistle.gif

Nice pic btw, crazy_o.gif

Nice! I now have the original Tonal campaign as well as this one...they can coexist peacefully right? If I lauch the game with the tonalredux mod folder (i use the ofp mod laucher) and select the tonal campaign, it will use the new island and not the old one right?

I also get a script error when trying to run the African road mission. :

Script \facetex2\mix_all_african_faces.sqs not found. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I cant find that file anywhere.

you have to have the new facetex2 pack.

I have no idea if the new and old campaign will work together. I would delete every old Tonal addon, mission, campaign, and save, otherwise odd things could happen.

Thanks for the comments. I was expecting more negative comments, but happily there are none smile_o.gif

If your going to post bugs I have to have a pic please.

Also MAKE SURE ALL VERSIONS of the pbos your are using are the new ones and you do NOT have any old Tonal pbos in your OFP dir that could be being used. Such as running Tonal redux addons but running another mod that has some older Tonal addons installed as well. That will definately screw things up in game, as you cannot run a mix of old and new versions of these pbos.

Also at one base on a mountain top on the main tonal island a large hanger type of building was not that bullet proof or man proof either. I could walk through certain parts of it and i could shoot through the walls.. that could be annoying when you are fighting a.i soldiers in that large house or that are and they shoot you right through the walls biggrin_o.gif

this was a really great update, have to get some sleep soon, thx for the goods Ebud! thumbs-up.gif

Thanks, but you have to show me a pic as I just checked the spot I think your talking about and found no bugs in that building.

Please take a screenshot so I can know for sure.

While quickly moving around on Tonal I found a few houses floating a little bit over the ground and one bridge is a bit below the ground. But no serious bugs found yet.

Overall I must say, it's far better then I expected. Great job! smile_o.gif

You have to post pics where that is as I have never seen that before. What terrain detail are you running?

Ok here you go, location is Vanimo. Lower part of the city.

tonal1cz7.jpg

tonal2ch9.jpg

tonal3ga6.jpg

Terraindetail is set to Normal. No change when set to low.

The first I often ask myself too in the "other" forum biggrin_o.gif

Tried it and I am very impressed. Alot of the terrain reminds me of Texas too biggrin_o.gif Units and vehicles were nicely integrated into the islands.

blah blah blah

>(Ebud @ Nov. 11 2006,06:04)

>Shin.... what the hell are you talking about? lol.

>You scare me sometimes. I can't tell if your a genius or just crazy

The first I often ask myself too in the "other" forum

It took you guys this long to figure that hes nuts? Well you're not the only ones that I've seen say so (altough privately). Heh I'm way ahead of you guys smile_o.gif

Anyways all that aside, Tonal Redux looks pretty nice.

blah blah blah

>(Ebud @ Nov. 11 2006,06:04)

>Shin.... what the hell are you talking about? lol.

>You scare me sometimes. I can't tell if your a genius or just crazy

The first I often ask myself too in the "other" forum

It took you guys this long to figure that hes nuts? Well you're not the only ones that I've seen say so (altough privately). Heh I'm way ahead of you guys smile_o.gif

Anyways all that aside, Tonal Redux looks pretty nice.

iirc, it wasn't exactly private.

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint Board Rules

Please respect the following rules when you post on this board. Breaking of any of these rules may result in a post restriction (PR) for a set period of time or in extreme cases a can result in a permanent ban.

1. Rules of Conduct

The Rules of Conduct regulate the interaction between forum members. They are in place to ensure that board remains a civilised place where people can communicate freely without being harassed and abused.

§1)No Flaming/Flame-baiting

Abusive comments, personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the board or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate. Flame-baiting is also not tolerated, flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response.

-------------------------------------------

2. Rules of Contents

The Rules of Contents regulate the substance of what is posted. They are in place to ensure that topics that are posted do not offend and bother people or violate the law.

§6)Do not start threads relating to discussions on other boards

What happens in this forum should stay in this forum and vice versa, conversations other than those strictly relating to OPF matters should not be brought into these forums from others.

§7)No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments that you wish to make about the board or moderators or anything like that please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive, please remember we have lives outside of the forum so can't promise to reply immediately. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo) he will be happy to look into the matter.

On a more positive note, it's refreshing to see a new well-developed theme for OFP rather than a rehash of the same thing. Hopefully this will light up the Bushfires work and we'll have some fun times.

Yay! its finally out !

Thanks Ebud for finishing this!

Hmm.. i think this is an early christmas present for OFP community.

But early is still better than late. xmas_o.gif

Thanks Ebud and all the guys involved in this project, Tonal was my favourite mod ever and this redux will make me enjoy OFP 'till ArmA will be available in my country.

Applause! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Klavan

Thankyou very much to all involved in this inspiring addon! It's great to have such fresh air breathed back into one of the most exciting and comprehensive addons the community has ever produced!

A big thankyou! smile_o.gif

Ebud and the whole crew, cheers for making it happen again. Great work, guys. smile_o.gif