Sign in to follow this  
Sniper_Panther

Some noob questions

I searched the forums yes, some of you may know me, I'm an old OFP member, I just started playing after 2 years again and the commands and scripts escaped my mind.

So if you guys would help me just like you all did back when I just started playing, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. Ending a mission, ok heres what I want to do, when 4 members of the west die I want the mission to end, when all 4 of them die, not one how would I go along and do that? Also, if these members do NOT die I want the mission to end by killing all east members.

2. When a certain us soldier enters a trigger area I want east soldiers and vehicles to come when that certain soldiers hits the trigger, I tried making individual waypoints and I synch'd them to the trigger the trigger was set up like "West - Present" But it did not work.

3. Briefings, I have no idea how to do them, never did, could someone post a tut if you can, here's what I want the Obj to be

Get to the blackhawk crash site

Kill all in town

Thanks for any help guys smile_o.gif

to check if the 4 west are dead you can use

Quote[/b] ]not alive west1 and not alive west2 and not alive west3 and not alive west4

you have to name the units(i.e. west1, west2 and so on)

if they all in one group simply press f2 and pull a line to a trigger and choose in the trigger options "all teammember" and "not present". to check if all east is dead make a marker covering all the battlefield and then on activation "east" and "not present".

to let east attack i would place a named gamelogic were you went them to go. the let the leaders of the attacking groups move there with leadername domove getpos gamelogicname as command in trigger

for a briefing the easiest way would be a briefing generator.

this tool has one integrated

Chris's OFP Script Editor

Hey bro, thanks

I'm having a little trouble though, where do I put the notalive west1 and such? I tried to put it on activation on the trigger and it gave me the type bool expect nothing, then I tried to make individual triggers and put west1 as the name and it sayed variable in use or something like that.

And for the breifing how do I get it to check? Is the endmission stuff there to end the missions or objective?

i made a screenshot, click the link

not alive trigger

you dont need to name the trigger. the units must be named, for example west1, west2 and so on.

in trigger menu "type" you can select if its should be a endtrigger. the end you define there will be shown in briefing. (end1, end2 and so on)

Theres an easyer way of it all.

1. If theres only 4 US units then make a tigger, set both axis to 10000000000000000000000000 or something to cover whole map, then set WEST - NOT PRESENT - LOSE (If playing as East make it END1)

Same for EAST, exept make its END1 not LOSE (If playing as east make is LOSE)

2. Make the trigger wherever and however it need to be for you, and make it WEST - PRESENT - SWITCH, then for the vehical you want to move when its activated, placeit, make a waypoint right in front of it (move or something) then the waypoint you want it to go to, and Sync the Trigger the the 1st waypoint!

3. I have no frikking clue how to make brienfings either!