Sign in to follow this  
linx310

So who has received their copy?

suits me too, although lets hope they left the ability for them to be added when the modders come along - I guess they didnt bother for the sake of getting things done quicker - or at least i hope so.

god damn .. this is lookin soooooo good .. what are yours specs?

No cockpits in tanks though. Just optics. There seems to be cockpits in armored vehicles only in case there is cargo. Wich suits to me. I wasn't using those cockpits anyway  tounge2.gif

Hey Ian, do you mean that only APC type vehicles have cockpits but heavy armored vehicles such as tanks just have optics?

Is that Jeff Goldblum as your avatar?

That was the word from an interview a few months ago. IIRC, the ability is there, just not used, like weapon deployment and resting! yay.gifyay.gif

Bloody hell, those screens look good.

Congrats to everyone who has a copy. Go, enjoy. smile_o.gif

Two general questions:

1. How is the soldier collision detection in and around the buildings.

2. What's the A.I. like? Have you seen any of the bounding overwatch that was mentioned in the build up.

I'm not not expecting miracles though (crosses fingers for miracles). Convincing A.I. is difficult enough to program in linear games, it must a real bitch to do so in such an open game like ArmA.

So how's the Harrier? Does it function like the real one or is it just a normal plane?

What about the AI? How do they behave in an urban environment?

Quote[/b] ]

What about this one amigo? Wasn't it your favourite unit? smile_o.gif

oohhh my amigo !! lovely !! inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

muchas gracias!! yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]

No cockpits in tanks though. Just optics. There seems to be cockpits in armored vehicles only in case there is cargo. Wich suits to me. I wasn't using those cockpits anyway

thanks for the info !! got it !!! but they can be modded back?

you build such nice addons in the past that maybe you know if it´s possible to do that with the new game... or maybe the "V" option was turned off forever in the game engine so that can´t be used anymore with tanks even using user addons...

did you try to import some of your old addons already in game?

hope it will be possible if not I will miss a lot see my crew get injured inside the tank !! LOL

and thanks a lot again for show me MY FUTURE BMP !!! yeah!

tounge2.gif

Looks great. DamN! I gotta wait till 2007 to get English verison .*************** ***************** ************* ***************** ****************************** ****************** ************* ****ing!!

Quote[/b] ]god damn .. this is lookin soooooo good .. what are yours specs?

Bottom of the recommended configuration - 3Ghz, 1Gig RAM, X800

Quote[/b] ]Hey Ian, do you mean that only APC type vehicles have cockpits but heavy armored vehicles such as tanks just have optics?

Yes. When you are sitting in position wich doesnt have some kind of optics, you'll see cockpit.

Quote[/b] ]Is that Jeff Goldblum as your avatar?

Yeah smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]1. How is the soldier collision detection in and around the buildings.

So far seems to be excellent.

Quote[/b] ]2. What's the A.I. like? Have you seen any of the bounding overwatch that was mentioned in the build up.

Didn't played it enough to answer. My RAM is kind of broken and all 3D application are currently often crashing on my PC sad_o.gif But they seems to be sharp and fast, but not very accurate. I'm able to handle group of enemy soldiers on city environment. In open terrain they are deadly and is better to try to find some cover than start firing at them smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So how's the Harrier? Does it function like the real one or is it just a normal plane?

No VTOL (yet). I heard it will be patched.

Did anyone already tried to play online? How is the JIP? Ping/Lag, etc? Just curious about that, as it will be hard for the mod community to change that part of the code.....

hope you see this before it gets buried by 139471205 other posts

how are the damage models for the vehicles and soldiers? theres been lots of talk about armor values and etc, so i'm curious icon_rolleyes.gif

OT START // Ikonboard CGI Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ikonboard has exited with the following error:

Can't connect to mySQL database. Too many connections

This error was reported at: Sources/iDatabase/Driver/mySQL.pm line 55, line 64.

Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information. 337 users on the BIS server! and the night has just begon! biggrin_o.gif // OT END

Is there a hind or not huh.gif ?

You are worse then me when it comes to the Hind rofl.gif

I've little problems with starting-up the game  biggrin_o.gif So screens have little delay  biggrin_o.gif

Please post if you have problems with the game. I have specs very similiar to yours so if you have trouble, i have trouble. wink_o.gif

Hi, I'd like to know if there is an option for English text in the Czech version of ArmAss. At least I've heard there's an option but no mention of the languages. Is there?

Is there a hind or not huh.gif ?

No Hind at all... RHS should start workin' on normalmaps and specularmaps smile_o.gif

Oh no sad_o.gif ... Looks like Arma MP without user addons wont be much fun. I hope BIS manages to release some new units like they did for OPF and resistance because in this aspect im a bit disapointed..

Thanks much for replying though smile_o.gif .

Stop asking for graphics.

Quote[/b] ]2. What's the A.I. like? Have you seen any of the bounding overwatch that was mentioned in the build up.
Quote[/b] ]What about the AI? How do they behave in an urban environment?

Dito!

How is the AI - I want details, details, details and no excuses that your PC is broken wink_o.gif

How is the grass, can you hide in it?

Quote[/b] ]Tell me where you live so I can come and help  biggrin_o.gif

LOL good one!!

hope adamicz can start the game again !!

HEHEHE rofl.gif You guys will just do about anything to see this game 8)

i think the english version would be a release with build in update and sell all together with the release of update patch for locatilized version, just like OFP US version

Whoa whoa no HIND?  sad_o.gif  what does the opfor has for helicopter support then ? other than the MI transport