Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

I have a query. I saw an ofp video about one or one and a half years ago, I can't remember its name and it doesn't appear to be on OFP:MM. I searched video.google, but the author must not have had 'flashpoint' or 'ofp' in the name or any of the comments. It was one of the best ofp machinimas I've seen in terms of mood, and I would really like to see it again. The only way I can describe it to you is to give you what I remember of the movie. The below description is subject to the general degradation of human memory over time/ alzheimer's/ accrued brain damage due to the consumption of psychoactive hydrocarbons.

The movie starts off looking down a road just outside of a town, IIRC. If not, this scene is near the beginning. It is set in the early morning or late evening, and OFP's nighttime lighting combined with a strong red tinge is present. The view distance is very low, and there is a thick fog. The camera tracks down the road, flying over it into the town at a high pace, revealing leagues of zombies ambling around, crashed cars, and general devastation. This cuts to a scene of a blackops team portrayed by some of bambi's blackops models (IIRC) lined up, then boarding a stock OFP blackhawk. The blackhawk flies low over the ground in a shot from the top down, blowing dust over the ground using the thicker of the two chopper-dust addon algorythms, blowing dust in a hypnotic wake-like pattern. The helicopter flies over zombies and eventually lands in scene near a corrugated metal hangar. There, the video ends.

Throughout the video, a very spooky, electronic soundtrack plays.

I remember a description of the video something to the effect that it was only a test. It was right up my alley, though. I really liked it.

It was very similar in look and ambience to this one, and the music was also very similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKsVpU3eS1E

The one I'm describing was better produced, but the soundtrack could have come from the same source. It sounds that similar.

check out my in game convoy attackage..

don't forget to pump up the volume

Destroy The Convoy

pistols.gif

Hey Wika_woo, whos the first song done by

in ur video and or if anyone else knows plz let me know thanks much appreciated.

I have a query. I saw an ofp video about one or one and a half years ago, I can't remember its name and it doesn't appear to be on OFP:MM. I searched video.google, but the author must not have had 'flashpoint' or 'ofp' in the name or any of the comments. It was one of the best ofp machinimas I've seen in terms of mood, and I would really like to see it again. The only way I can describe it to you is to give you what I remember of the movie. The below description is subject to the general degradation of human memory over time/ alzheimer's/ accrued brain damage due to the consumption of psychoactive hydrocarbons.

The movie starts off looking down a road just outside of a town, IIRC. If not, this scene is near the beginning. It is set in the early morning or late evening, and OFP's nighttime lighting combined with a strong red tinge is present. The view distance is very low, and there is a thick fog. The camera tracks down the road, flying over it into the town at a high pace, revealing leagues of zombies ambling around, crashed cars, and general devastation. This cuts to a scene of a blackops team portrayed by some of bambi's blackops models (IIRC) lined up, then boarding a stock OFP blackhawk. The blackhawk flies low over the ground in a shot from the top down, blowing dust over the ground using the thicker of the two chopper-dust addon algorythms, blowing dust in a hypnotic wake-like pattern. The helicopter flies over zombies and eventually lands in scene near a corrugated metal hangar. There, the video ends.

Throughout the video, a very spooky, electronic soundtrack plays.

I remember a description of the video something to the effect that it was only a test. It was right up my alley, though. I really liked it.

It was very similar in look and ambience to this one, and the music was also very similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKsVpU3eS1E

The one I'm describing was better produced, but the soundtrack could have come from the same source. It sounds that similar.

icon_rolleyes.gif I had a look around OFP.info, but didnt find anything that matched your description. Can you remember where you might have got the video from?

@ darkside Six

Overseer - Slayed

So no comments on my nerw movie anyone?.

huh.gif

Beautifully shot Wika. You're camera work is awesome. And I'm gonna d/l Vilas T-72! It's looks awesome from the vid!

music was a little rough in parts but I like all your vids man

@ darkside Six

Overseer - Slayed

So no comments on my nerw movie anyone?.

huh.gif

Thanks Wiki for the tune and about ur vid, ur imroving from what i can tell since ur chopper run video but the music id say needs some rethinkin. Theres always lot of great music from action war films or other games. Start checkin them out see what u can come up with.

thanks armavidz...

A majority of Villa's addons are well worth the download.

especially his stryker addon too.

Lovin your mod showcases.

@ darkside six

The music is always everybodys different opinion.

for example someone could like to have the pussy cat dolls over a war film.. but hey.. what ever floats your boat..

thumbs-up.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif I had a look around OFP.info, but didnt find anything that matched your description. Can you remember where you might have got the video from?

I thought I got it from the ofp videos thread.. I went searching there and didn't find anything. I seem to remember seeing it around the same time as Revenge Will Come... but time frames are the least accurate of all recollections.

I found this bug on ArmA while playing around in mission editor. When you shoot an APC on the back of the track with a short burst of a rifle, it gets destroyed and the crew of the vehicle flees. whistle.gif

No modified files, mods or any additional addons were used. Only vanilla Armed Assault.

Click here to see the video

I found this bug on ArmA while playing around in mission editor. When you shoot an APC on the back of the track with a short burst of a rifle, it gets destroyed and the crew of the vehicle flees. whistle.gif

No modified files, mods or any additional addons were used. Only vanilla Armed Assault.

That's hysterical Relikki rofl.gif

Might come in handy in those Multiplayer games wink_o.gif

HAHAHA!!

Yes.. The ultimate weapon against a shilka...

rofl.gif

Bug? Are you kidding us? The "you damage the vehicle-drive-train => the vehicle will get immobile => so the crew exit"-logic you can see anywhere in arma ...

Bug? Are you kidding us? The "you damage the vehicle-drive-train => the vehicle will get immobile => so the crew exit"-logic you can see anywhere in arma ...

Hmm, but don't you find it funny how you can dammage the tracks with a short rifle burst?

Ps. To anyone who thinks the video is fake, especially mrj-fin who always doubts my videos, why don't you try it out yourself? Do like I did in the video and see it with your own eyes. I'm getting sick of that whining... mad_o.gif

I found the video I was looking for! It's called 'The Beginning of the End" by Average Joe. Quite Coincidentally, it was posted in the OFP videos thread 1 year ago yesterday.

For those who want to check it out, I think it has excellent atmosphere.

Ps. To anyone who thinks the video is fake, especially mrj-fin who always doubts my videos, why don't you try it out yourself? Do like I did in the video and see it with your own eyes. I'm getting sick of that whining... mad_o.gif

Just tried it myself. Same results, except that one of the crewmen who got out shot me tounge2.gif

Just tried it myself. Same results, except that one of the crewmen who got out shot me tounge2.gif

next time try to put som c4 arround the shilka, it works good.... tounge2.gif

Hi, are there any 16:9 screen mode HD videos of ArmA?

Awesome vid Wika Woo! OT but everytime i read your name i think happy things  smile_o.gif

erm... ok, thanks for the comment..

someone get this man a doctor rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hi, are there any 16:9 screen mode HD videos of ArmA?

not sure about 16:9 but here is a site where divx igh definition codecs are used for videos.

you may have to allow certain things in browser

Thanks bud.

Awesome humvee fall-to-pieces

Whoah, whats this? Is that VBS2 or a mod for ArmA? And if it's the latter, where can I dl it?

its not available as yet. but its the work of Deano who has done all kinds of this stuff.