Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Great job, Dslyecxi! This is exactly how ArmA should be promoted!

I'd love to see more vids from you. inlove.gif

Abs

Great video !

Along with Armed Assault : Zero, by Falken, these have to be the best videos on this game. Great timing with the music, BTW. How much I love NiN biggrin_o.gif

Again !

Malick

Jupp, life could be so easy for BI, they could just call Dslyecxi the new PR manager since he is doing this job anyway.

Then (for free?) advertising, excellent trailers for just getting betas earlier ? :-)

Thx man.

Just a quick "heads-up" to all of you video artists out there.

I'm in the last stages of preparing for a Top 10 list for ArmA trailers.

That way the truly outstanding videos will get some deserved exposure, and people who are interested ArmA (esp. now, with the U.S. release coming up), can find them right away, without having to wade through hundreds of pages in this video thread.

So, get your creative juices flowing, and start submitting those trailers!!!

Details in my sig link (and in an upcoming forum post).

BTW - this is not an official BI project. It's just something I felt was needed, so I took the initiative.

This video was inspired by both the excellent "300" movie trailer from awhile back as well as the terrible ArmA trailer that Atari recently released. This was created on one day in the space of about five hours.

It's an abbreviated look at an attack from the North Sahrani against the South Sahrani forces.

Oh yeah, and there are A-10s in this footage. wink_o.gif

Enjoy.

Fantastic work as always man.

Whats the song though? Sounds familiar, I just cant put a name to it.

Fantastic work as always man.

Whats the song though? Sounds familiar, I just cant put a name to it.

The song is "Nine Inch Nails - Just Like You Imagined".

Nice to see that everyone seems to be enjoying it. smile_o.gif

Cool, ta. (Knew I knew it :P)

And yeah, even if it was a "rush job" its SO much better than the tat atari are using.

That is frikkin' cool!..

Awesome graphics.

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

I got a high res one downloaded too.

And OMG. I can't wait for A10's

yay.gifwhistle.gif

Very high quality stuff as always from Dslyecxi thumbs-up.gif

Keep'em coming Mate smile_o.gif

PS. Too bad You diodnt show us A10's GAU-8/A Avenger in action wink_o.gif

thanks, DeadMeatXM2 helped me out!

Quote[/b] ]Yes, I agree, this video is realy realy terrific!!! notworthy.gif

Anyone still out there who could quickly check and give me feedback on one fraction of my video. I need a little bit of

reassurance if what I am doing is okay. Unfortunately the fraction ( 1.3 minutes of the 10 minutes I finished yet ) is 40 MB because I didnt optimise it yet. I can provide a good download source from my server. So a fast connection would be advisable. one to two people, no more. Also, dont share this fraction please, it would realy be ashame for the upcoming release.

I would realy appreciate it and  message you the link right away and wait for your feedback.

P.S. No! No youtube, the recoding there sucks!

Well, this video is going to look like a shit sandwich compared to Dsleycxi's, but this is the third draft of a helicopter tutorial that I've made / am making. I hope you find it educational, even slightly!

http://files.filefront.com//;7215406;/

I am very open to questions, comments, queries, critiques, and discussion.

Before you comment:

* I lost (read: purposefully deleted then regretted it) the source files. I built the tutorial off of a compressed copy, so this is a compressed copy of a compressed copy. The quality is terrible but it's not getting any better.

* I'm not going to reshoot the whole thing. I like that sortie, even where I almost kill myself.

* I accidently left the game music on (read: didn't even think about it until I tried to add other music days after I recorded the video). So that's stuck in there to stay.

Anything else is fair game. I hope you enjoy watching my first real video ever (my other two were just videos to try to illustrate some buggy behaviour in SLX). Again, enjoy!

Quote[/b] ]Well, this video is going to look like a shit sandwich

hey, we all struggle with the same problems!  biggrin_o.gif  And there is no way we can always top the previous movie. I am currently downloading yours, I am going to watch it and then go to bed. So if you dont get any feedback then please dont think I didnt like it. However you say you deleted the source file. Well thats the most disgusting mistake that you wont ever do again. I got my movie files tripple saved all over my harddrives! tounge2.gif

BTW: I enjoy watching them all and most of us know how much work has to be put into this!

Great video plaintiff1, my kind of video. Just jump in and let the camera roll and then add comments on top later.

Nice job Dslyecxi your movie is great smile_o.gif

plaintiff1 i liked your video it has a different nature then Dsleycxi's .

I dont know if anyone here ever played Project Reality it was a BF2 Mod, well i helped make the design for the A-10's on PR and helped make some maps. but to see the A-10 in action here its like wow_o.gif.

Im from the UK so will there be a patch out for us so w can have the A-10's etc

I dont know if anyone here ever played Project Reality it was a BF2 Mod, well i helped make the design for the A-10's on PR and helped make some maps. but to see the A-10 in action here its like  wow_o.gif.

Im from the UK so will there be a patch out for us so w can have the A-10's etc

yes there is, or ppl wont be able to play MP

Hi all

Just though we would let you see some of the new functions and interface of the CEX Command Engine we are building for ArmA. Please be aware the strange mouse positioning in the video is due to FRAPS

High-res version:

http://www.thechainofcommand.net/downloa....ons.wmv

Kind Regards walker

Damn cool. Look forward to having that integrated into some decent missions. Especially CTI style - could navigate the AI around the minefield you just placed.

Very nice video Plaintiff1. Nice and informative thumbs-up.gif

Cool stuff walker/CoC! thumbs-up.gif

Hi hardrock

The person to thank is Spinor/CoC wink_o.gif

Kind Regards walker

This Dslyecxi-vid is not fair.

This movie gives a perfect impression from ArmA but unfortunately we all know ArmA isnt perfect.