Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Great little instructional video Staniland ! biggrin_o.gif I never realised the compass would change its orientation like that.

Almost makes me think that there should be sticky topic for 'training material', it could include Dyslexis vid on how to approach an LZ.

Hey deanosbeano, is that stuff you have in your videos animated renders? Or can those animations/objects really be implemented in-game for everyone to use? Can a tire be fly off a vehicle in sp/mp?

Your planning on making a release of your addons right? tounge2.gif

Base Attack 3 is done. It is currently processing. I will update it on the thread when it's done. It's a serious version this time, not so much as comical as the last Base Attack.

Base Attack 3 Complete.

Please shed some feedback for me. I'd like to know what to improve on for my next video.

Some information before you watch:

**The movie isn't "LOL Funny", its sorta more serious based but... idk you make of it what you will.

** The movie took 2 days to shoot, and 3 days to edit. I'm a full time college student too, so it isn't that long.

** The video is best viewed in the dark, with the sound up (some quiet sequences, and night shots).

Enjoy.

I liked the video.

at the end i tought the Officer in the story was going to strike the US base with a nuclear bomb.

I tought you were going to put a nuclear explosion at the end. smile_o.gif

Keep the inspiration come smile_o.gif

nice work you've done! welcome.gif

edit: typo

Thanks. If I knew where to get this wonderful nuke, I would have used it and had the evil general retaliate, giving the video more of a happy ending.. smile_o.gif

Thanks. If I knew where to get this wonderful nuke, I would have used it and had the evil general retaliate, giving the video more of a happy ending.. smile_o.gif

try here wink_o.gif

The briefcase by Lolsav

That was very well directed Victor except I have a nitpick, the battle scenes were kinda, hmm.. you didn't know what was going on. It'd be nice if you followed some planes and watch their AA missiles hit other planes, though I know that's hard to do at these speeds. And the battle was over too quickly! Otherwise the music and everything was pretty good. I would be making some movies if my ram didn't screw up with this ATI leak.. agh.

Also, what music was that? And any ideas where I can get some ambience music like this? I've always wanted some for movies.

Music from a band called: Immediate Music. They are by far the best band/orchestra ever.

That nuke in that mission is simply a flash... I didn't see any sort of nuke. I guess this is turning into a discussion. Wish I had that nuke script. I tried taking it out of the mission but just saw a flash..

I honestly did a lot of tweaks and work-arounds in this movie. I really didn't plan a lot of it.. it just sorta happened, and happened to better steer the story where I wanted it to go. The problem is, the resources available (I say again) are scattered in too many places. I have to spend 5 hours trying to figure out how to make a plane explode in mid-air.. and the inflamed plane was only in the shot for less than 3 seconds! There was no missles fired, obviously.. But I had not the slightest clue on how I would be able to get them to fire a missle and have me lock onto them. If I asked this question in the forums, it would take hours for me to ether find the script, or for someone to tell me. (misses the old ofp info and editing center days.. before the server crashes and database deletions.. when you could just go to 2 main websites, find the resource you needed, and be on your way.... sad_o.gif ).... but thank jebus for those who did help. Alright, I'll shutup now and leave this for other threaded discussion.

Hey deanosbeano, is that stuff you have in your videos animated renders? Or can those animations/objects really be implemented in-game for everyone to use? Can a tire be fly off a vehicle in sp/mp?

Your planning on making a release of your addons right? tounge2.gif

Base Attack 3 is done. It is currently processing. I will update it on the thread when it's done. It's a serious version this time, not so much as comical as the last Base Attack.

I hope to release oneday , so far i have about 80 things that will break up from windows to planes. in arma i have learned to wait for all things being stable before even release a beta.

granq gave me permission to mess with his and his friends addons for personal use ,so there is a few processes , including making them efficient ,mp ready and finally permissions smile_o.gif.

plane break up alpha -1 test , beter seen on full screen

@ biggleska

funny music smile_o.gif

btw,have you seen Noel's Crinkley Bottom?huh.gifwink_o.gif

@ biggleska

nice vid+music smile_o.gif

btw,have you seen Noel's Crinkley Bottom?huh.gifwink_o.gif

watched it when I was young wink_o.gif

Biggleska, what you just showed me is mass TK. Not impressed...

I agree. Watching that vid pissed me off a bit.

Music sucked too IMO.

I saw that one a long time ago.

What I found most interesting was that the first segment, where they guy is firing at the blackhawks, looked very life-like. The low video quality gave it that look and for a second it actually seemed like real life. Then I saw the guy with the rifle and I thought, "Oh, I guess it really is Armed Assault."

Still, there aren't many games that can confuse you in that way, even for the shortest of periods.

One of the others that I can think of was Ace Combat 4 for the PS2. At certain times it did look almost real. My grandfather actually glanced at the TV when I was playing it and asked me if it was real life or from a game.

I hope games will continue to produce more and more of those "woah" moments.

Not only are you a no(o)b i bet you spoiled many players game, and whats worse you wank, [you deserve to be banned form these fourms] -- Look Closely at his rockets.. he has infinite, they don't go down to 0 - HES A CHEAT!

This is a thread about videos, not a thread for accusing and debating teamkilling and cheats.

Stay on topic.

This is a thread about videos, not a thread for accusing and debating teamkilling and cheats.

Stay on topic.

this is also a forum for dedicated people who love the game and a video showing somebody ruining _x amount of games by deliberatly

team killing should not be allowed or simply be dismissed as a "might be" by a head moderator

you seem to be condoning the act of posting team killing videos here ?

pls could you give the official ruling to save any confusion, because if that video is not flaimbaiting then i personally dont know what is.

to stay on topic

alpha 2 test of destroying a wing

this is bullsh*t im never coming back to this forum again!!

BTW: Nice vid deano, i hope to see something like that in ArmA one day..

Good By Everyone.

Matt relax, don't like a 'mass destruction' video either, I prefer the ones with a nice story like the Zodiac productions one which ahs been released a while ago. Most of the movies are pieces of gameplay, some can be quite nice.

The 4x Shilka movie has some nice footage though, like the way the plane gets hit and behaves after that.