Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

I personally think it's very SICK of people to post videos of real event remakes of our soldier's and iraq's being shot in a game for our entertainment. But what is even more sick is how people find it funny. We should respect our soldiers not do these sort of things, this is what i find wrong with people these days. Nobody in the world would like to be laghed at and made entertainment because they got shot or blown up. mad_o.gif

You may say but look at Call of Duty 2, ect but they do it in a way to teach use to respect and be happy for what we have, NOT in the sick way these IRAQ remakes do it.

Just to point out i am talking about the videos on YouTube of remakes of iraq using Armed Assault.

^ everyone is entitled to an opinion.. i dont think the video was made to be funny man.i sure as hell didnt laugh. to me it seems the exact same as making any film about war.. its visual art. its wasnt sick of spielberg to make the omaha beach scene in SPR. The carnage was shown from an american view in that movie. The arma videos show it from the other view. its more thought provoking than anything else.

but a definite well made short. controversial for some but also exellent none the less.

How can you say its from their point of view when the real life videos where from their side. not remaking them from a game, if you want to see this stuff you should watch the real videos, i have seen them. and you may not find it not funny but go onto youtube and look up a armed assault video of iraq then look at the comments. Entitled to their opinion yeas, i wasnt saying they cant i was saying it was a sick opinion. how can you say its like any war film, war films are made to show things that cant be remade making videos of videos isnt the same and no its not visual art.

sory i am finding it very hard to understand what you just wrote . Ok ,the real jihad videos you talk of are not directed and acted like a film is. films were the kind of visual art i was refering to. this is also imo visual art.

Its probally allot of work getting stuff like that. I think its ARMA art. Not matter what the thing it is.

And this s... happens everyday in Iraq, lets not forget that. This is not real, but as real as it gets. Go play the same mission but then from the co driver seat of that humvee. Place a smaller bomb, or use a trigger so the bomb wont do as much damage. And you have an excellent training tool.

But I agree with some respect, its a serious thing.

I'm having technical issues with the new patch, and am unable to update sad_o.gif

Is there any chance of one of you folks with 1.02 posting a flight video of the Super Cobra?

Not trying to start an arguement here, but I agree with xxstalker24xx, it isn't right for someone to do that. I was a soldier not too long ago and I know from my prospective and my fellow brothers in the service, they wouldn't appreciate that as well. It isn't right for anyone to enjoy anyone getting hurt or killed. I know God don't like it, not that probably remotely matters to most. I do however agree to everyone having his own opinion and appreciate everyone's opinion, but there is a difference between right and wrong and there is no arguing what is right. Oh yea, Spielberg was doing the Omaha Beach scene to tell a story about heroes, and from a totally different perspective. Having said that, let's get back on subject.

Mike

I can't find the vide..but what is it really about? Somebody shooting civilians or footage of ingame war scene? If its shooting civies then I completely agree,thats just plain wrong.

supershooter please watch your filesizes, you're not new so you cannot be unaware of the 100kb rule.

Ive made a video showing long range sniping. You can clearly see a bullet drop and bullet travel time ( only thing we mising is a wind inlove.gif ). Check out 4th shot, the guy i was shoting at accidently dodged a bullet, we went prone just after i fired and the bullet ( which travels ~2 seconds at this distance) went just over his head smile_o.gif

SNIPER VIDEO

I can't find the vide..but what is it really about? Somebody shooting civilians or footage of ingame war scene? If its shooting civies then I completely agree,thats just plain wrong.

Its remakes of gunmen shooting americans but remade in Armed Assault.

Your saying then that its bad to lagh at civies getting shot and made entertainment on youtube but its okay for soldiers, you do know soldiers are human not fodder. The people we should be doing these videos of is Mr Bush and most other leaders, but its sort of getting of topic then

Ive made a video showing long range sniping. You can clearly see a bullet drop and bullet travel time ( only thing we mising is a wind  inlove.gif ). Check out 4th shot, the guy i was shoting at accidently dodged a bullet, we went prone just after i fired and the bullet ( which travels ~2 seconds at this distance) went just over his head smile_o.gif

SNIPER VIDEO

You can also see a bullet drop in OFP. It is nothing new I confirm. whistle.gif

BTW, M24 is a bolt action rifle. You have to reload bullet one by one manually. But having seen the video, ther is no reload animation? wink_o.gif

^^ Most of the above arguments are useless at best. Neither side puts their point across contructively or even try to begin to analyse either sides point of view.

Before we start let me say im agreeing or justifying either side!

For an argument to be atleast valid there has to be two points of view.

I have saw the ArmA video and the IRL video of the sniper.

Going back the the quick point of Saving Private Ryan, it was potrayed as American hero's etc etc from one side. American medics saving the lives of comrades and doing what they needed to do to stay alive.

But what about the Germans? Their medics did the same, their troops did what they needed to do to try and survive. They also were heros.

I'm not even going to into the politics of war, thats an area best kept away from these boards and far from ArmA.

I did not see much of an outcry during the Mogadushi incident remade in OpFlash with the blackhawk and downed american troops. From the US side of things the downed blackhawk rescue attempt was done by brave men, heros etc etc etc

And from the Mogadushi tribesmen, as far as they were concerned they were defending against invaders, occupiers, allbeit the enemy.

The same applies to Iraq today. THERE ARE TWO POINTS OF VIEW, REGARDLESS OF BEING 'INTERNATIONALLY' or 'MORALLY' RIGHT.

The same happened in Northern Ireland, British troops where 'defending' part of the UK. The IRA and whoever else where fighting against the 'occupiers'.

Infact, most wars if you look at them will have this theme.

Now this Iraq sniper video, Jubba is classed as a 'Hero' because he is fighting the occupiers of his country. The Americans, British and other allies are also classed as 'Heros' because they are supposed to be helping build a country from the ruins after saving it from a dictator etc etc

This cannot be fully 'discussed' because of the politics which I've already said should stay the hell out of these boards and get back to the damn point of this thread.

This thread is about ArmA videos, don't read too far into any videos, admire it for the creators artwork, skill and talent. Not always for the content of who's being shot, who's doing the shooting and who's having a cuppa tea.

Jesus people this is a game, I could create videos of civillians being shot, animals being killed, troops being cut down in a firefight and these user created videos, nearly all of them have happened in a war somewhere, regardless of who's fighting who.

GET OVER IT, ITS A F**CKING GAME. MOST USER VIDEOS ARE VERY WELL DONE AND THE AUTHOR SHOULD BE CONGRATULATED, AND NOT TORN APART BECAUSE OF THE THEME.

If this 'topic' continues, then let the thread be locked.

Now, after that bollox, anyone got anymore good video for show?

I personally think it's very SICK of people to post videos of real event remakes of our soldier's and iraq's being shot in a game for our entertainment. But what is even more sick is how people find it funny. We should respect our soldiers not do these sort of things, this is what i find wrong with people these days. Nobody in the world would like to be laghed at and made entertainment because they got shot or blown up. mad_o.gif

You may say but look at Call of Duty 2, ect but they do it in a way to teach use to respect and be happy for what we have, NOT in the sick way these IRAQ remakes do it.

Just to point out i am talking about the videos on YouTube of remakes of iraq using Armed Assault.

And what do you want? Videos where 1 US specop kills 100 OPFOR and blows up 10 T-72?

Looks like you want conflict where US is with victory but where they loose dont show in game? maybe by Call of Duty 2 you dont respect german soldiers in WW2! Alot of people for example want game as Call of Duty 2 but playing on german side... And who said that somebody is laughing at those videos made in ArmA. If US not doing great job in Iraq does this mean you should hide it?

Ive made a video showing long range sniping. You can clearly see a bullet drop and bullet travel time ( only thing we mising is a wind inlove.gif ). Check out 4th shot, the guy i was shoting at accidently dodged a bullet, we went prone just after i fired and the bullet ( which travels ~2 seconds at this distance) went just over his head smile_o.gif

SNIPER VIDEO

BTW, M24 is a bolt action rifle. You have to reload bullet one by one manually. But having seen the video, ther is no reload animation? wink_o.gif

Thereis no rebolting animation :/ Game lack lots of sucha little thing.

SNIPER VIDEO

Thereis no rebolting animation :/ Game lack lots of sucha little thing.

Could be easy to add. In OFP Liberation 1945 mod added rebolting animations smile_o.gif

And what do you want? Videos where 1 US specop kills 100 OPFOR and blows up 10 T-72?

Looks like you want conflict where US is with victory but where they loose dont show in game? maybe by Call of Duty 2 you dont respect german soldiers in WW2! Alot of people for example want game as Call of Duty 2 but playing on german side... And who said that somebody is laughing at those videos made in ArmA. If US not doing great job in Iraq does this mean you should hide it?

You should re-read what i said becuase you clearly havent read it properly.

@Preacher1985 Why are you going on about heros i am not talking about heroes so what you said aint rly valid and as for you saying lock this thread, why should it when we are talking about videos when you are the one going off topic?

i heard there is a way to record a movie with a second computer while on the first computer the game is running without taking performance resources, as all the recordings is setup on the second gear? i have no clue how this could work, i guess somehow via LAN using some special software or similiar. can someone hook me up with some info here ?

Why not record the movie with the good old VHS system?

Than record it back to you`re computer.