Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Quote[/b] ]UK Release apparently: 17/02/07 (needs official confirmation)

Confirmed by the publishers 505 themselves it couldnt be more Official!

biggrin_o.gif

Not wanting to go too off topic, but I was basing my information on information from a fan site, so until I hear from 'the horses mouth' I'd rather state that the information hasn't Officially been confirmed.

No doubt it is, just being cautious, don't want to be accused of getting peoples hopes up, if the info proves to be false...it is Christmas after all and one must think about ones fellow man and his emotion... icon_rolleyes.gif

xmas_o.gif

Helicopter flight looks beter. smile_o.gif

That sound pack is cool-ish, except for the firearm sounds. The M4 sounds like the sample was from something fired in an enclosed space, also with a lot of the sound lost in the capture. M249 sounds similar - right weapon sound, bad capture.

Hi guys !

notworthy.gif

What can I say about this topic?

Incredible, splendid, superb,… The first videos of AA are really remarkable! I wonder whether if it is possible to make better ? lol... I think so !

So, I've ordered for christmas a german version ! No need to wait until February 2007...

"CHEATER !!! "I know, I know..."  

tounge2.gif

I made a second heli attack vid with some shooting of FFAR's to take out the convoy. You will notice how twitchy the heli is, even in 'hover' mode which i have to use to aim. I hardly move the sticks and i goes ot of control. I try to fly as gently as possible but the FM just won't let me. I dunno about real heli's, i have never flown one, but in OFP (keys) and Elite (controller) it was much 'easier' to target. In fact i seldom used the 'hover' mode in those 2 games.

So, now BIS is working on a patch (because many complained) i agree ... the thing is just too twitchy for me to play. I like the heli's but a patch is welcome:)

Heli Attack 2 video (50MB, save link as...)

I really like that i can use & configure the 360 controller for heli flight (esp. the right stick for looking around, until i have a TrackIR)

I wouldn't worry so much about making helicopter videos until they get the next patch out,as I'v read,they are completely edoing the flight model..unfortunatly my media player won't allow me to see the video so eh..by chance would it be possible to watch it a difference way other then streaming in WMP? It seems to hate that,atleast mine..never has gotten along with it well,even if it does load,it skips imagery but allows sound.

I hope they just fix the ISSUES with the heli flying/physics and dont just make it alot easier to handle. I actually like the way controls are now, but I guess I'm alone thinking that. However the obvious flaws stated by some needs a fix.

I wouldn't worry so much about making helicopter videos until they get the next patch out,as I'v read,they are completely edoing the flight model..unfortunatly my media player won't allow me to see the video so eh..by chance would it be possible to watch it a difference way other then streaming in WMP? It seems to hate that,atleast mine..never has gotten along with it well,even if it does load,it skips imagery but allows sound.

Hehehe, i made the vid because of a 'bet' with GaX. He said i couldn't take out the convoy with only FFAR's.

A nice bet and we finally agreed that we both would welcome a patch:)

Anyway,

1. SAVE LINK AS (right mouse click the link) the vid to your comp.

2. Use divx player to play

I hope they just fix the ISSUES with the heli flying/physics and dont just make it alot easier to handle. I actually like the way controls are now, but I guess I'm alone thinking that. However the obvious flaws stated by some needs a fix.

i second that (fix what has to be fixed but don't dumb down;)

I wouldn't worry so much about making helicopter videos until they get the next patch out,as I'v read,they are completely redoing the flight model..unfortunatly my media player won't allow me to see the video so eh..by chance would it be possible to watch it a difference way other then streaming in WMP? It seems to hate that,at least mine..never has gotten along with it well,even if it does load,it skips imagery but allows sound.

Placebo linked us a "Updated flight model" video but the maneuvers in it were very docile so opinions on how an AH-1Z will handle in a steep aggressive turn (something that is wholly borked right now) are impossible to know from such a video.

The MH-6 is arguably one of the smoothest and best flying helicopters in ArmA 1.0, so making a video using it to show improvement is less than fully illustrative. A video of an improved AH-1Z making smooth pitch motions would be a genuine wow.

Also it was done using mouse/keyboard (which Placebo says most of the complaints are about) but mouse/keyboard for me is generally far smoother than using my joystick flying.

Also tail rotor authority is a hotly disputed thing about the helos and no real test of the tail rotor for yaw was done (skidding turns, coordinated turns, yawing to aim fixed vector weapons, side slips).

So, basically the video was nice but less-than-illustrative because:

1. One of the best flying pre-patch helicopters was used to demonstrate

2. No aggressive or problematic maneuvers were taken, the pre-patch did very lazy maneuvers without problem (mostly).

3. The yaw abilities of the helicopter weren't demonstrated

4. Keyboard and mouse were used only, although if they said that was where the most complaints were from, then I believe 'em, although I have far more trouble with smoothness using a joystick.

I just now discovered that i had interfering assignments in my key setup.

I use the 360 controller for flying, but also tried to use it for infanterie (like in Elite, but i can't atm get it to work smoothly). Anyway, i found out that some multiple assignments were in fact intefering when flying.

Now i have setup the 360 controller solely for flying, and my control on the heli's has much improved.

I won't say anything on the FM, there are ppl here who have more experience with that. I just want to point out that anybody using a controller (possibly a joy/flightstick) should at least take a look at the key setup to see if he perhaps has 'interfering' assignments.

1. One of the best flying pre-patch helicopters was used to demonstrate

2. No aggressive or problematic maneuvers were taken, the pre-patch did very lazy maneuvers without problem (mostly).

3. The yaw abilities of the helicopter weren't demonstrated

4. Keyboard and mouse were used only, although if they said that was where the most complaints were from, then I believe 'em, although I have far more trouble with smoothness using a joystick.

Geez, is it sucha big problem just to shuttup and stop whinning for a sec. and wait until you get that patch and have a chance to test it?

Or you can do the whole testing on how it behaves just in your head without even playing the game?

Or you can do the whole testing on how it behaves just in your head without even playing the game?

What's wrong with that? Seems to be how BIS & their testers work.

What's wrong with that? Seems to be how BIS & their testers work.

So you don't want do the same thing then or do you?

I know personally some people that have been testing this game, how do you know how the testing was happening?

Arma has very complicated and complex engine, and i believe, that within budget and time, that programmers had they did a good job. For the poeple that are not patient and can't wait until english, not so "buggy" version release..... whatz the point of whinning all the time?

You see that they are interested in fixing the bugs and are working on patches, you should be helpful and support them, becouse just constant whinning about things doesn't help in any way.

If you want to be constructive, use their WIKI to send the bug, as that is primary source and list of bugS_to_Fix.

And the guy that has created "another problem list" just based on "watching the video"? Do you really believe that this is a way to go and show objective opinion about the "fix"? Even without trying it ingame?

I think that you are probably around 14 years old or not thinking being in that case.

Isn't really a discussion for this thread however with the so many prominent bugs [that I have been testing and reporting] that are so easily discovered through even playing a simple mission, you'd think it would be completely impossible to ignore them as alot of them are so obvious and even exactly the same bugs as in OFP 1.00.

The game is advertised as a primarily multiplayer game [100 players, blah blah], yet the dedicated server came out about a month after release and only on one platform. There are numerous obvious multiplayer bugs and the Biki speaks for itself with its "not tested in multiplayer" under nearly every command.

DAS ULTIMATE SCHLACHTENSIMULATOR? Maybe when it's out of paid beta smile_o.gif

If you want to continue we can take it to the 'official complaint to BIS' thread that's probably more suited.

Isn't really a discussion for this thread however with the so many prominent bugs [that I have been testing and reporting] that are so easily discovered through even playing a simple mission, you'd think it would be completely impossible to ignore them as alot of them are so obvious and even exactly the same bugs as in OFP 1.00.The game is advertised as a primarily multiplayer game [100 players, blah blah], yet the dedicated server came out about a month after release and only on one platform. There are numerous obvious multiplayer bugs and the Biki speaks for itself with its "not tested in multiplayer" under nearly every command.

DAS ULTIMATE SCHLACHTENSIMULATOR? Maybe when it's out of paid beta :)If you want to continue we can take it to the 'official complaint to BIS' thread that's probably more suited.

If you hate this game THAT much, why don't you just go and return the cd to place where you bought it from?

English release, that is i think the main release is planned cc. in february if am not wrong, until then i believe that most of the main bugs and issues will be fixed.

For small team with small budget and at the price that you payed for the game, you can't expect miracles.

But the guys are trying to fix all issues are working on it, why you just don't give them a time and chance to fix it and have a patience to wait a little time?

Yarex, we have been waiting five years.

A lot of people in my little game community are quite dissapointed with ArmA because it has had lots of development in certain areas and been ignored in others, mainly the ones where my community are interested.

Imagine if BIS were building a rifle for the military. (An easy analogy as everyone on this forum seems to be a gun fanatic)

Version 1.0 - Gun fires but has no safety catch, magazine falls out, the sight is wobbly and turns bright pink when it gets wet.

Version 1.96 - Gun is stable, but still has a few annoying quirks and a serious problem with the magazine falling out.

New Gun (ArmA) - Well, this gun has a diamond encrusted stock, a silver trigger guard, gold trim on the carrying handle and a laser pointer attached. The magazine still falls out though, and it still jams easily.

Do you think the military would buy this gun?

Making a product shiny and pretty does not matter if it has fundamental functionality problems. ArmA is simply OFP with botox, until BIS fixes the same shit that was in OFP, it is not really worth playing.

ok i have just about had it with all these stupid complaints..

if your not Czech or German, you shouldnt have the game yet.

if you did buy the game and your not happy with it, good, you shouldnt have it yet anyways.

you think that ArmA hasent been released in other regions why? because they didnt get publishers there?.. thats only part of the truth. the game was rushed out, and so what, so are many others. Bis has released ArmA in these small regions because they know where the majority of the die-hard OFP fans are. this helps Bis with testing and finding Bugs befor they release ArmA to the rest of the world.

just think of the impact on sales if ArmA was released to the rest of Europ and North America.. it would bomb out.. the few months befor the 505 releases are for fixing the worst of the bugs and getting ArmA to a state where the bugs left wouldnt impact the sales and turn possible new customers away from this great game.

please stop making usless topics about things that are going to get fixed.. if your not in the regions where ArmA has been released DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE BUGS!..

oh and for the last and 12,000th time.. ArmA was first announced in mid 2005.. it has not been in development for 5 years, and peope who keep saying that have no reason to be posting anything on this forum as they know nothing about ArmA. go back to playing your arcade shooters and wait for when ArmA is ready and released in your region!

I'd very much like to set Yarex and Dynamax straight, but as RalphWiggum has noted this isn't entirely the place for this sort of squabble. Please kindly ignore the following if you're here for the original purpose of the thread and not my long-winded ramblings.

My comment was in regards to a posted video. I commented that Placebo's video wasn't necessarily illustrative of any improvement to the flight model and flight controls. I wanted to comment directly on Placebo's posting of the movie and comment that it could be more illustrative of improvement, but alas it was locked immediately after his post.

It is like a painter accidentally painted the back of your house bright pink and you made him correct it; as evidence of fixing the problem he sends you a photo of the front of the house and says:

"It's all fixed! Here look at this photo!"

"But that's a picture of the front of the house... the problem was in the back. I can't see if you've fixed it or not from this evidence."

This talk of not being able to be critical of the game unless I live inside the release zones is ridiculous. Do my complaints become any more or less valid stepping across the boarder into Czechoslovakia? Of course not.

The next release of ArmA is absolutely going to have a striking resemblance to the initial (current) release and I am doing the best (and what little) I can to see that that release is as good as it can be. If everyone has the attitude "enjoy the game as it is 100% or don't buy it" then this forum needs exactly one thread, and that is Do you like ArmA enough to buy it and never say a word about it ever again?

Yes it is that hard for me to "shut up and stop whining" on these discussion boards. I find little reward anticipated if we all sit idly by and speak not-ill of our game developer gods. The purpose of this forum is the exchange of information, not limited to just that you agree with. I am not aimlessly expressing some kind of nebulous angst toward BIS. My comments are well thought out and constructive, while yours are personal attacks.

Quote[/b] ]please stop making usless topics about things that are going to get fixed
We don't think they're going to be fixed unless BIS realizes through "whining" (I dare you to write a genuine definition of whining without using similarly emotionally dependant slang words) that the customers of their product have an opinion that affects the product.

Oh and Jinef said "We have been waiting five years." He's fully aware of the length of development and he did neither state nor imply that it was in development for all of those five years, just that his community segment had waited that long.

P.S. I do not think any store (online or in person) would give a refund for ArmA like you suggest is a possibility. Also we have a vested interest in ArmA. If we truly thought that ArmA was hopeless then you'd have never seen our text.

Now as soon as I manage to get FRAPs working I'll post an honest-to-goodness video and get this thread back on track. My apologies to those who were using this thread for good instead of evil.

I loved how the Littlebird was able to pull back and bleed speed -AS WELL AS ALTITIUDE- about halfway through the video. In OFP and current ArmA alike pulling on the stick would send you into a climb. My only helicopter flight sim experience comes from Enemy Engaged, and that little maneuver looks pretty much like it does in the game. But I'm sure there are much more qualified pilots here who could comment on the issue with more accuracy.

But all around I cant wait for the new flight models, looks fantastic smile_o.gif

Could someone post a usermade video of the armor, specifically the Abrams? I would like to see some good pics of the choppers and tanks if someone has a good computer and graphics set on high. I would appreciate it because I'll be waiting till it comes out in the U.S.

Mike

ok i have just about had it with all these stupid complaints..

I second that for the most part.

Ppl saying proudly 'I have waited 5 years for ArmA' just talk sillyness

Nobody in their right mind waits 5 years for something. Perhaps you wait 'for the right time' to ask a girl to marry you but 'waiting 5 years' for something as futile as a (good) game is just beyond my imagination.

Now, i also am a ArmA spotter since nov 2005 (when Elite on Xbox came out) but to say 'I have waited xxx year(s)' is just plain stupid.

For me:

ArmA is here and now for everybody (online dist). I downed it the same day as the online German version was available. Had enough troubles to get everything going, but that's part of the story with Flashpoint (pc gaming). Now i'm enjoying it very much, even the bugs, who cares.

Problem is not that ppl want a 'perfect' game. Problem is that some ppl are so immensly spoiled that they just can't enjoy a simple game anymore.

You know, the 'dead pixel generation' You have 1 million pixels ... 1 is dead ... for them the 'fun is spoiled', they complain.

I have a dead pixel on my tft from the start ... for me it is always a reminder not to wish for something 'perfect'. You ain't gonna get it:)

Ive captured short vid showing thin forest just after sunset. It also shows how NV works in such cirumstances. This game is beautiful smile_o.gif

CLICK ME