Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

So does the harrier have functioning VTOL capabilities or not?

Not.

Word on the street, and this is RUMOUR ONLY is that BI is "working on it" for a patch.

Harrier Pass ,this is how I would want a harrier to sound when it passes me, I want to hear the ear peircing roar. Not like a flying hoover, however Im sure the community should be able to apply this smile_o.gif

Harrier Pass ,this is how I would want a harrier to sound when it passes me, I want to hear the ear peircing roar. Not like a flying hoover, however Im sure the community should be able to apply this  smile_o.gif

Echo, sound pitch and the transition of sound wave are hard coded. Not moddable.

in the 500Mb Harrier flight video

- Do you think the guy is using trackIR ?

- What is with the bug that makes the ocean look completly white when he goes too high? Is it linked to HDR? (00:40 to 00:53)

- Same with the buildings (1:56 to 2:05) and later on... some buildings turn white... I am not complaining or critizing...It is just the first time i see these...Could be anything, from video card settings to the drivers, or even game settings.

- I know its been said earlier that the Harrier does not feature VTOL for now and that it is being worked on by BIS and the feature will become available in the next patch, but can anyone confirm (Placebo, Sauma lead programmer) ?

Thanks smile_o.gif

Anybody? please

- What is with the bug that makes the ocean look completly white when he goes too high? Is it linked to HDR? (00:40 to 00:53)

- Same with the buildings (1:56 to 2:05) and later on... some buildings turn white... I am not complaining or critizing...It is just the first time i see these...Could be anything, from video card settings to the drivers, or even game settings.

- I know its been said earlier that the Harrier does not feature VTOL for now and that it is being worked on by BIS and the feature will become available in the next patch, but can anyone confirm (Placebo, Sauma lead programmer) ?

Thanks smile_o.gif

Anybody? please

Just watched... i think the PC being used isnt capable of handling Arma, even in low settings, no ejection seat and hud sad_o.gif .

Harrier Pass ,this is how I would want a harrier to sound when it passes me, I want to hear the ear peircing roar. Not like a flying hoover, however Im sure the community should be able to apply this  smile_o.gif

Echo, sound pitch and the transition of sound wave are hard coded. Not moddable.

No, those are openAL settings, but are they moddable? who knows, I'm looking it up, there are alot of things in arma's sound handling that needs to be fixed imo...

>>>> That’s what it sounded like in GR when jets flew past. Well actually there were no jets in GR, but that was the sound effect! GR is over 4yrs old now! Guess we'll have to stick with the Hoover or wait for BIS to improve it!  tounge2.gif

Harrier Pass ,this is how I would want a harrier to sound when it passes me, I want to hear the ear peircing roar. Not like a flying hoover, however Im sure the community should be able to apply this smile_o.gif

>>>> That’s what it sounded like in GR when jets flew past. Well actually there were no jets in GR, but that was the sound effect! GR is over 4yrs old now! Guess we'll have to stick with the Hoover or wait for BIS to improve it! tounge2.gif

It's allot harder to implement the sound into a dynamic world, than simply "play .mp3" the file smile_o.gif

There is a new video available for everyone to enjoy.

It was made by STG77 and you can find it on the onlinewarfare.net website.

Quote[/b] ]Gives you an idea of how MP is currently played

Its a straight recording, no fancy editing, just a run and walk through a MP map in Armed Assault online. You like 90s dance music? Well thats good, cause there is plenty of it added to the recording.

If you like you can download it from Armaholic.com aswell. Check our video section.

Or watch it streaming in our streaming section.

[EDIT]Fixed a typo

Hi Fan´s!

We also have a new video online, where you can see a controlled Black Hawk firing.

For further information look here.

AA231106pic03kl.jpgAA231106pic08kl.jpg

Regards Stav.

Hi

Quote[/b] ]Quote (xav @ Nov. 21 2006,18:24)

Quote (xav @ Nov. 20 2006,23:00)

Thanks  

Anybody? please

i think the white color of ocean can be sunreflections..and maybe other settings in grafics will show it better... thumbs-up.gif

And the harrier sound got to change from hoover to nice flyby rumble.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Whats up with the heli blades? They look like crap. Like a big black X when in the air, that doesn`t even remotely look like heli blades in motion.

They supposed to resemble what it looks like in real life when something spins around really fast, too fast for the brain to keep up with and looks different like going really slow or spinning the other way.

People wanted a good video of the TrackIR being used in Armed Assault, so...

I've delivered just that. smile_o.gif

You can check out a Google Video version here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4928428714571383685&hl=en

Or you can download the full-res 105MB video from here:

http://ofp.umbr.net/videos/trackir_in_arma.wmv

Enjoy! yay.gif

I have record somes videos of ArmA

Go Here: Videos

More videos coming very soon : stay alerted

Sorry for my bad english (im french) whistle.gif

Post your comments ! biggrin_o.gif

Could someone make a video of a fight in a forest? To showcase the sound effects that people have mentioned, how AI cope, and how frame rate copes?