Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Quote[/b] ]

this is what it says when I type anything in init field sad_o.gif : Type Object, should be None

Replace that code with :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

mybomb = "timebomb" createvehicle (getpos this)

That should work wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

this is what it says when I type anything in init field sad_o.gif : Type Object, should be None

Replace that code with :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

You're too late Blanco I already posted that correction on pg 45 on this thread tounge2.gif . Thanks anyway though.

We have the noobs reloaded video's mirrored over at Armed Assault Zone

Great to see the 134 AI vid, cheers ArmA-ZonE.pl wink_o.gif

Nice coop vid but the heck is wrong with the day-night cycle?

I noticed too, it reminded me of that weather transition problem there was in OPF's custom skies... it got dark real fast it seems confused_o.gif .

edit:

Replace that code with :

You're too late Blanco I already posted that correction on pg 45 on this thread tounge2.gif . Thanks anyway though.

Nope, (getpos this) != (position this) tounge2.gif .

We have the noobs reloaded video's mirrored over at Armed Assault Zone

Great to see the 134 AI vid, cheers ArmA-ZonE.pl  wink_o.gif

Nice coop vid but what the heck is wrong with the day-night cycle?

Lol, it looks like someone suddenly turn off the light.

hi Shadak, thanks for taking the time to post videos. I would be pleased to see some clips of these things, if you or anyone else has time:

The transition of a unit swiming to the beach and then getting up and walking.

Maybe a clip of the zodiac boats in action.

A close up of that huge bridge being blown up (if its possible)- with satchel charges and/or LGB's.

Can you alter the weather too? to show it raining?

many thanks.

A Swimming vid

http://mega-file.net/file.php?file=84925761b9a0604e266c4ab6ab2fc79f

The bridge cant be blown up with satchels... I did it in a campaign mission though crazy_o.gif

And about the splashes when something explodes under water - its there but it looks like a sprite or something confused_o.gif

The bridge cant be blown up with satchels... I did it in a campaign mission though crazy_o.gif

Try using more satchels, I think you need at least 3 on the pillar. That's how it was of OFP: Resistance at least.

Also try blowing up a city again now that I posted a correction (Pg 45 of this thread or Blanco's post on Pg 46)

Thanks for the videos by the way.

Try using more satchels, I think you need at least 3 on the pillar. That's how it was of OFP: Resistance at least.

Also try blowing up a city again now that I posted a correction (Pg 45 of this thread or Blanco's post on Pg 46)

Well the init config is now working... but how do I trigger da bombs:) It doesnt go boom by itself help.gif

Ugh...god...noo....that 134 ai vid was really disapppointing sad_o.gif The stupid, cumbersome, crappy old ofp command system is still there! I thought they said there was going to a new, brothers-in-arms style command system. I thought directing flanks and supresses could be really cool with the new ai. Too bad its going to be hell and simply not fun sad_o.gif

I never quite understood why they called ofp and arma "tactical shooters" when the command system is far to limited and crappy to actually perform basic tactical movements without your AI being too stupid to listen to you and survive.

Well the init config is now working... but how do I trigger da bombs:) It doesnt go boom by itself help.gif

In OFP the timebombs went off after 20 or 30 seconds by themselves. Maybe try using camcreate instead of createvehicle.

Or if someone knows the classname for the LGBs on the Harrier could they please post code to place the bomb 100 or so metres above the gamelogic so Shadak can try that. They should get better results than the timebombs.

Am I the only one reacting to the voices being worse than OFP?

"ALL ... move to ... THAT ... tree"

There is a missing transition animation (interpolation?) betwean swiming and standing up, i assume we cant dive but i wonder if diver capable units can be created. I think this would be necessary to create fish and sea life (like the hawks, mosquitoes, etc).

The water looks fantastic and its a great relief that the oceans of death are finally gone smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]n OFP the timebombs went off after 20 or 30 seconds by themselves. Maybe try using camcreate instead of createvehicle.

Or if someone knows the classname for the LGBs on the Harrier could they please post code to place the bomb 100 or so metres above the gamelogic so Shadak can try that. They should get better results than the timebombs.

i dont think you can create from within triggers you need to exec an .sqs from the trigger and then create them within the sqs

Quote[/b] ]A Swimming vid

]http://mega-file.net/file.ph....]

Swimming with a primaryweapon? I thought... huh.gif

Anyway, they probably choose for this so we can make divers and seal. If we don't want a unit to swim with a primaryweapon we can simply script it I guess.

Something like this:

?((alive _this) AND getpos _this (select 2) < -1.2 AND primaryweapon _this != "") : _this setdammage 1

Brackets are probably wrong...

Seems a swimmer is not effected by the waves, he always stays at same height in the water.

Nice to see the raindrops smile_o.gif

i dont think you can create from within triggers you need to exec an .sqs from the trigger and then create them within the sqs

They were being created from the init field of a gamelogic. I don't think that's the problem.

Sorry mate, bullets dont go through bodies. I tried different weps but they just dont sad_o.gif Would be kool though  pistols.gif

Thanks Shadak for the info. I hope to see this action in Game2. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the swimmming vid Shadak notworthy.gif

How do the AI react in the water? Do they follow you and your commands? and what happens when you shoot and kill a unit swimming what are the animations like? can you demonstrate this also please?

SPOOCK´s footage

(+) Stupid attack [28.71 MB]

(+) Sahrani - traveling around Sahrani (lighthouse, scenery, tank, ship, bridge detonation, ) [80.24 MB]

info: stahni soubor = download file

Thanks for the swimmming vid Shadak notworthy.gif

How do the AI react in the water? Do they follow you and your commands? and what happens when you shoot and kill a unit swimming what are the animations like? can you demonstrate this also please?

http://mega-file.net/file.php?file=d3540cc755bad468f6a2ec8a9f52d11e

And when you stay in the water for some time... the equipment drops from you and I couldnt pick it up again crazy_o.gif

I love the thunder! Now it´s visible and not ofp like without any visible sign wink_o.gif

Thanks but the lightning were also present in OPF wink_o.gif .

Guest Ti0n3r

Shadak, I just wanna say thank you for all the nice vids you've uploaded. Great stuff smile_o.gif

Here, we reportet about 2 videos showing ArmA at night: ah1 firing and thunder wink_o.gif

[ig]http://www.armedassaults.de/cms/content/images/donnerwetter_2thumb.jpg[/img] [ig]http://www.armedassaults.de/cms/content/images/ah1_klein.gif[/img]

over here

I love the thunder! Now it´s visible and not ofp like without any visible sign wink_o.gif

I get the 404 error when I try to download these sad_o.gif