Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Shadak, may I request of you to upload your videos to Youtube or a similiar easier file downloader than filefactory? Filefactory is extremely annoying and hard to download a file so I tend to avoid it..

Youtube video quality hurts my eyes, i prefer any real host over that. tounge2.gif

And just leave bravo6, he is hilarious, panicking over nothing, not checking facts, thinking that what he sees is always like that in the game, its fun.. biggrin_o.gif

I do like BIS though, they implanted alot of things that we asked for, even when the release was very close and we suddenly all whined about 'no destruction', they still added at least some form of destruction. They clearly improved the AI, they added the most asked thing ever: multiple weapons on vehicles, but also details like chinstraps, trigger finger, etc etc. They really are listening to what we say, and we shouldnt abuse that with asking for growing fingernails... tounge2.gif

EDIT: Sorry for this post, the forum 'ate' my first one but it reappeared when i reposted this message crazy_o.gif

modding such things that have already been implimented in games for many years.

You do understand that the many, many amazing things that the OFP/ArmA engine has in it are not found in other games, right? Or are you just ignoring that and assuming that since Game X has such-and-such feature (but lacks a ton of things that OFP/ArmA has), ArmA should have it, too?

There are only so many man-hours in a development cycle.

lol, i wonder if there will be an addon with shit on the units nose, after its been kissing ass ?

watch your language

I think he means that the 'problem' with the shadows not showing up on the model in first person is simply a bug with that particular model (Sahrani royal commando, I believe) and has probably already been fixed. It is not cause for complaint, in other words.

Just to back up Sith on this, I made this short video of GC version to show that first person shadows are in fact cast on the model. Also, I'm not too keen on believing that it's the bug in the soldier model, but a bug with the building model. Also, I'm not sure of this, but I think on lower shadow detail settings, some shadows do not render on models.

God damned shadows working correctly

@bravo6:

Now, also if you "ask for something", especially in the tone you usually do, does not mean someone is going to fulfill it. Also, as trivial the trigger finger was, it was not something that was crucial to the gameplay, I think it was just very easy for someone at BIS to implement it, so they went with it. That little gesture on BI side was all the fuel you needed to become the bitching machine you are now.

Now, this will probably earn me a PR, but someone needed to say it eventually.

well i asked also for the roll over to sides.. wink_o.gif

edit: thanks for that video smile_o.gif finally i saw it smile_o.gif

Bravo6, please check your facts before you whine about someting and have 3 pages of thread about something that is not true. I therefore agree with Sniperwolf

The videos on track IR site (GC build?) showed shadows in 1st person so no reason why its not here.

What im really eager to know is the multiplayer behavious and the locality problem. Can AI still walk trough buildings placed only on the clients? Is everything automaticly synced on server AND clients?

I have been hosting & posting all videos on.. www.armedassault.eu in their original quality.

dont forget these: http://www.utw-squad.net/main.php

having problems seeing image. looks like fraps 2.8 is needed

@rundll.exe: i saw a good movie without shadows in 1st p view, thats why posted. if i had seen this recent (God damned shadows working correctly) i would not have posted.

oh i c now, i thought it looked like an extremely cool thing for an AI to do lol !

Why do people use such codecs? I have the latest Fraps (2.8.1) and those videos HERE do not play in either Winamp, Media Player and some other DVD players I have.

Same here, I can only see the last four videos (they're smaller too)

Why do people use such codecs? I have the latest Fraps (2.8.1) and those videos HERE do not play in either Winamp, Media Player and some other DVD players I have.

They play perectly in my media player classic, windows mediaplayer etc nener.gif try reinstall all codecs, oops sry about the smiley rofl.gif

Seems AI is pretty good at navigating the interior of that building,wonder if they can go up the stairs too and do it well.

Is it just me, or do bullets not fall balistic OFP or ArmA? It just seems wrong being able to hit things at 200m without adjusting.

Hmm, the AI in the M24 vid was not very good. huh.gif

They just go prone like in OFP, they should move fast and run for cover where ever it is. Maybe low skill?

Great animations, but where is the good old disembark animation?

thx a lot, Forrestal & Kirq wink_o.gif

Oh can you test Ai is able to see through the smoke?

Quote[/b] ]

Seems AI is pretty good at navigating the interior of that building,wonder if they can go up the stairs too and do it well.

What are you talking about? Where is that video?

Is it just me, or do bullets not fall balistic OFP or ArmA?  It just seems wrong being able to hit things at 200m without adjusting.

Yes bullets in OFP do drop a lot depending on the distance fired at and caliber. Depending on the rifle the sights are usualy setup to hit targets at that range without to much adjustment needed. Try the standard BIS M21 and fire it at a target of 600m or so (with full zoom) and see how much the bullet will drop.

Quote[/b] ]Is it just me, or do bullets not fall balistic OFP or ArmA? It just seems wrong being able to hit things at 200m without adjusting.

I guess it is just you from the videos it seems that the balisitcs are pretty good (to me at least) a bit better than ofp however still not as good as the balistic represntation in WGL 5.1

and i could be wrong but i think that most assult rifles in the real world can hit targets up to 300m away without major adjusting, and the can hit targets up to 500m away with adjustment

I'm not very impressed with the radio comms I've heard confused_o.gif

Like... "EngageTHAT..Man"

I much prefered OFP's radio comms, it sounded more realistic and not so artificial.

I downloaded FRAPS those vids still arent working...

FRAPS is for recording video.

Are you having trouble PLAYING the videos?

You could always try downloading DivX (search google).