Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

about Deanos.. where is he?... maybe he was abducted by the aliens.. errr, i ment BIS wink_o.gif

He left these forums after the incident with the TK video in the video thread I think. He had his account here closed.

There was a video made by him on youtube saying goodbye to the ArmA community, but that account seems to be deleted and on this vid the caption says " i cant just abandon it" so I think he's sort of back/not yet gone.

To bad he's not on these forums anymore he was busy with some great stuff.

Deano said he doesnt play arma anymore, however hes still working on this project between lockon and rl things.

He closed his account because of the fanboy vs whiner battles and his videocard problems also. smile_o.gif

31-Man MOUT Patrol

This is from an impromptu session we had on Sunday after our big 70-player Saturday one. The mission is a MOUT patrol that goes through a very large custom city one of our members made. Enemy forces were ~100-150 in number, and we got through it with only a handful of casualties. It's a pretty interesting vid. The perspective is from me, acting as the overall commander of the mission.

The full version can be downloaded from the info link on the GVid page.

31-Man MOUT Patrol

^^ The joy of tracers, replacement mods, everon & CAS inlove.gif

31-Man MOUT Patrol

The full version can be downloaded from the info link on the GVid page.

31-Man MOUT Patrol

inlove.gif 380 Megs of pistols.gifnotworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Having read the "Tactical gaming done right" article i´ve found it rather strange to see crosshairs in use. Not only that, but also with no floating.

Other than that very inspiring. Made me think about a remake of my OFP Farmland CQB Town.

Having read the "Tactical gaming done right" article i´ve found it rather strange to see crosshairs in use. Not only that, but also with no floating.

Other than that very inspiring. Made me think about a remake of my OFP Farmland CQB Town.

No float is for TrackIR. I prefer to keep it disabled when using my TIR. I look where I want, and I aim where I want, and the two are distinctly different.

Crosshair is there because it's a rough approximation of various real-world weapon handling realities that cannot otherwise be simulated in games. The crosshair isn't perfect, but it's better than the alternative in my eyes.

No float is for TrackIR. I prefer to keep it disabled when using my TIR. I look where I want, and I aim where I want, and the two are distinctly different.

Crosshair is there because it's a rough approximation of various real-world weapon handling realities that cannot otherwise be simulated in games. The crosshair isn't perfect, but it's better than the alternative in my eyes.

Mmmmh... For me, no floating zone + no crosshairs works fine, you can get used rather easily to reflex-shooting at approximative center-screen, guiding the bullets "into your target".

Not sure how reflex-shooting is irl, but it seems pretty good like that.

The credit sequence at the end's a stroke of brilliance Nathan. Rest of the video's nice too.

A short movie I made to test out some settings smile_o.gif

Youtube Version

Higher Res Version - 640*512 @ 97.7mb

crazy_o.gif The color richness in the video was amazing. The actual ins-and-outs of the movie, I thought was "ok," while showing a ton of promise.

However, the credits were awesome! How the? notworthy.gif

The originality of those credits amazed me, Nathanz. The movie itself was good too. That shows a lot of potential you know. Keep it up. wink_o.gif

A short movie I made to test out some settings smile_o.gif

Youtube Version

Higher Res Version - 640*512 @ 97.7mb

Well done mate, I really enjoyed that..

what software did you use to create those funk-e credz?..

smile_o.gif

Really good video Nathanz. As everyone else has said, the credits were awesome. GREAT WORK!

Thanks for the nice words guys biggrin_o.gif

Wika_woo: I used After Effects to make those credits using a 2nd layer which I masked to give the effect that the running soldier is actually running over the text smile_o.gif

Hearing the incoming radio-commands is the remembrance of  the game-classics Half-life 2 and the Combine-soldiers. Nice.

Also nice the remembrance to Sam Fisher, another Game-classics, by using his title-song in the Video "...S2".

The sepia-toned landscape-cutscenes in the middle of the vid looks very great also.

Yeah thx wolfsblut_ wink_o.gif yes the radio-commands are from HL²

Quote[/b] ]Maybe better if you pressed L to remove the crosshair.
In S3 I pressed "L" smile_o.gif but in the other Videos... didn't know that  whistle.gif

thx @ all