Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

ArmA reviews

Anyone who tests a game on a 1600+ and says the game's system requirements are too large isn't really dependable. confused_o.gif

Although this isn't that bad of a review, I've noticed whenever a reviewer reviews a less mainstream game that is actually good they make up such silly excuses to give it lower scores..

Anyone who tests a game on a 1600+ and says the game's system requirements are too large isn't really dependable.   confused_o.gif

Sure they are.. in 2003. tounge2.gif

At least we know what arma looks like on the minimum requirements now.

Ahahah LOL. I thought the first review with low HW was already bad. yay.gif 1600+ I had those in 2001

Anyone who tests a game on a 1600+ and says the game's system requirements are too large isn't really dependable. confused_o.gif

Sure they are.. in 2003. tounge2.gif

At least we know what arma looks like on the minimum requirements now.

More like 2000, lol.

Aren't game reviewers supposed to review the games on up-to-date hardware? These guys shouldn't comment on the games graphics or hardware requirements with pcs like that. What if a game can't run? Do they give it 0? tounge2.gif

the guy who gave it 55 has a lame computer with crappy graphics. no wonder he gave it such a low score

7.8 out of 10 is not a bad score... perfect score games are usually small so its hard to find any flaws tounge2.gif .

First of all, everything what I'm going to say below is mine own opinion, don't take it to heart wink_o.gif

Reviews are unbiassed... It looks like this is exactly the same game as OFP was and moreover it's wrong named. It's kind an expansion pack, not a new game.

I think I could be understand this in the year 2004, but not now. Look at other games (oh please, don't tell me about "realism" which is available in OFP(AA) only) BIS did not do anything new. Just added new island, several addons (BTW some of unnofical infantry addons from OFP are much better then AA) and selling it like a new game crazy_o.gif As regards multiplayer: JIP? Ok, but it's still lagging like hell. So what's the sense in this "new feature"?

But anyway this is better then nothing...

I'm just very disappointed. I expected another game.

the guy who gave it 55 has a lame computer with crappy graphics. no wonder he gave it such a low score

Not everyone has the luxury of having the most up-to-date system, thanks wink_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

This is a good review for me, as my system is a 1.7ghz, 1gig RAM, GeForce Go6200 laptop, and it shows me what to expect (although I was only going by the screenshots as my knowledge of Czech is non-existant)

First of all, everything what I'm going to say below is mine own opinion, don't take it to heart wink_o.gif

Reviews are unbiassed... It looks like this is exactly the same game as OFP was and moreover it's wrong named. It's kind an expansion pack, not a new game.

I think I could be understand this in the year 2004, but not now. Look at other games (oh please, don't tell me about "realism" which is available in OFP(AA) only) BIS did not do anything new. Just added new island, several addons (BTW some of unnofical infantry addons from OFP are much better then AA) and selling it like a new game crazy_o.gif As regards multiplayer: JIP? Ok, but it's still lagging like hell. So what's the sense in this "new feature"?

But anyway this is better then nothing...

I'm just very disappointed. I expected another game.

another game? what do you want really? it IS suppose to be OFP with a new cloth and it IS how most of us here want it to be confused_o.gif

Aren't game reviewers supposed to review the games on up-to-date hardware?

Professional reviewers yes.

Well, on the other hand I dont appreciate reviews that are exclusively done with hardware that most could never afford. wink_o.gif

they should do 2 reviews one with a minimum recommended spec pc and one with a recommended pc.

personally i prefer user reviews ,because they have played ofp and know what people expect.

here is a review from an end user whos not using a sh1t pc.

Quote[/b] ]my impressions:

i'm using a c2d 6400@3.4ghz, 2gb ram, geforce 7900gs@600/800 machine, and the game runs slow and unbalanced at 1280, post proc low, aa and aniso disabled, obj txt normal, any other very high. i have an average around 35fps normaly, but it can drop to 15fps in a second, specialy when aiming.

the ai is much cleverer then in ofp, but every single soldier is a master sharphooter, from 300meters it's not a problem for them to shoot you with just one try with an ak or machinegun.

the ai is still driving in ofp style, so y turns, heavy breakings and weird corrections are included.

i think the real performance killer is the hdr effect wich was nice in far cry, but here it's simly disturbing, and looks very cheap. human eyes don't work this way, it's slow and and has let's say five steps. you run on a street on a sunny day, and the lights are changing every second. it's simply disturbing and as i said, not very well implemented.

every building colapses like the world trade center, after a few shots it comes down in 90 degree to the ground, leaving some bricks. before that there is no visual sign of a hit.

on a marketplace i could not drive through some tents with a m1a1.

loosing all your teammembers can happen in a second, they just walk in a city and die.

you still can't change mags when moving or using your bino.

i think thats enough problems for now, i'm sure that many thing i mentioned can be solved, but the bis are correct, this is ofp 1.5, or rather ofp1.5beta, not a new game. it's good to see the improvement, but i'm a little disapointed from the bugs and problems that were there in the old ofp and in stead solving them in the devepment we face them again.

its not bad a bad review for a game that went from an idea to birth in 18 months.

Quote[/b] ] its not bad a bad review for a game that went from an idea to birth in 18 months.

huh.gif

I guess it´s at least 48 months, not 18 months...

But every single soldier is a master sharphooter, from 300meters it's not a problem for them to shoot you with just one try with an ak or machinegun.

This what i hated most in OFP. The enemy AI who could shoot you from great distance with one shot. Very unrealistic i must say and its very sad that they didnt manage to fix this problem.

Quote[/b] ]I guess it´s at least 48 months, not 18 months...

E3 05 - novemer 06 dosent = 48 months.

I think the AI is accurate but you can also customize AI skills from options much more than you were able to do in OFP so it will not be that accurate.

And again, why the player should shoot perfectly while AI hits nowhere?

now thats a review which BIS really need to look at

but some info still missing, like driver version, and we dont know if he is running on clean windows nor which kind of soft is running at the time

Quote[/b] ]now thats a review which BIS really need to look at

but some info still missing, like driver version, and we dont know if he is running on clean windows nor which kind of soft is running at the time

very true ,i hope this guy feeds back ,i have similar system and maybe if we can clarify exatly what hes got in the way of cookie cleaners and spyware cleaners etc and what exactly his terrain etc settings are ,we can get a good idea of what to expect.

the game is out ,the time of I think is over its time for i know

Quote[/b] ]E3 05 - novemer 06 dosent = 48 months.

They have been working on Arma since 2002.

very true Balschoiw, yet the timeline doesnt tell the full story

Quote[/b] ]E3 05 - novemer 06 dosent = 48 months.

They have been working on Arma since 2002.

Wrong, they started in April 2005. It was stated in an old interview.