Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

ARMA Publicity

bloody czechs are getting Arma for 999 Koruna... thats Å23... a good Å10 cheaper icon_rolleyes.gif

And average wages here are roughly half what UK wages are so that Å23 would be equivalent to you paying Å46 for the game, still want to stick to your "bloody czechs"?

how much is that in euros?

I can tell you ARMA cost me 71,10€ and im not regreted.. not one bit. And i have not played it yet.

I know i will stick to this game for years and years, so it will worth all € (euro) i payed.

whoopassyl1.jpg

After doing converting of my own, I've got to agree with Placebo here, if Czech paychecks are anywhere near as bad as they are here, the game is more realistically priced for their region. Hopefully, 505 will do the same for my region.

Having talked to few of my acquaintances from UK, a storekeeper gets paid better in UK than my pop gets as a music director on the national radio (whatever the position is called in English).

if i was getting arma with added starfarce i think i would only wanna pay Å23 too.Å46 without seems like a reasonable deal to me.

hint hint

bloody czechs are getting Arma for 999 Koruna... thats Å23... a good Å10 cheaper icon_rolleyes.gif

And average wages here are roughly half what UK wages are so that Å23 would be equivalent to you paying Å46 for the game, still want to stick to your "bloody czechs"?

i meant it in the nicest possible way of course biggrin_o.gif bloody wasnt being used in a derogatory manner - Å10 saving is still a Å10 saving in my books.

Quote[/b] ]a storekeeper gets paid better in UK

I've been working in the service/leisure industry for 6 years now, and the typical wage for a store clerk for a computer game shop, or a barman, or anything of that nature is the UK minimum wage.. which i cant recall exactly, but its currently around Å5.20 for over 21s. The premise being that its not a job that requires much skill, hence if you dont like the wages, you can be replaced.

"so, where is that brain? I feel like I have been towed between to 5T trucks. We went to a dedicated LAN place yesterday after our visit of the BI Studios and we had the chance to give Armed Assault a good swing in MP (details about this will be in our review). It was a little unorganised since quite a few of the Journalists had never played OFP or VBS before. So after I pwned Marek a few times I just opened up the editor and had a nice look around. And I must say I was quite impressed with what I have seen so far."

source

this promises biggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

After doing converting of my own, I've got to agree with Placebo here, if Czech paychecks are anywhere near as bad as they are here, the game is more realistically priced for their region. Hopefully, 505 will do the same for my region.

no matter how low price they would like to put for my region, my government will cut a good slice of taxes from it making the product more expensive crazy_o.gif

well i think i have never seen any game developer who would ACTURALY carry an AK around biggrin_o.gif

well i think i have never seen any game developer who would ACTURALY carry an AK around biggrin_o.gif

When the risk is to be overwhelmed by hordes of ArmA-hungry fans.... biggrin_o.gif

Klavan

Common Andy, stop posting and everything else you are doing and go to work with the report.

If I see you ingame tonight I will touch off something.

nener.gif

@Fox:

You wont, if Basil would see that he pawn you...

The Review will be ready when it is ready. Since it isn't "a blog" it needs some tuning and maybe should be in readable English wink_o.gif

I also want to verify some of the info (if possible) again since I gathered most of the info from talking to some of the guys at BIS and have to write the stuff from memory. So before we go off posting inaccurate infos I'd like to double check...;)

Since you didn't clonk Placebo on the head with something and run off with the demo disk your no longer welcome here andy :P

Quote[/b] ]Since you didn't clonk Placebo on the head with something and run off with the demo disk....

I tried but he had all this mean looking Czech army guys around him. And like I said, they had AK's and stuff like this... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Since you didn't clonk Placebo on the head with something and run off with the demo disk....

I tried but he had all this mean looking Czech army guys around him. And like I said, they had AK's and stuff like this...  biggrin_o.gif

Do they still have that tank? tounge2.gif

I tried but he had all this mean looking Czech army guys around him. And like I said, they had AK's and stuff like this... biggrin_o.gif

Hey theres our RPG-75 from OFP.

Oh and that one guy wasn't wearing US Army ACU. He was wearing US Marine MARPAT camo.

And do they always walk around in camo like that? rofl.gif

It's amazing how many people get desert MARPAT and ACU mixed up. Still, an inside view into the BIS offices is rather welcome. I thought they would be in an office building or something.

@Chipper - good ole RPG7Nh5, how I will miss thee.

@Fox:

You wont, if Basil would see that he pawn you...

The Review will be ready when it is ready. Since it isn't "a blog" it needs some tuning and maybe should be in readable English wink_o.gif

I also want to verify some of the info (if possible) again since I gathered most of the info from talking to some of the guys at BIS and have to write the stuff from memory. So before we go off posting inaccurate infos I'd like to double check...;)

Forget basil, you got me to worry about wink_o.gif