Sign in to follow this  
Nightjay0044

AH-64 SP:Mission

Hi, I'm conducting an AH-64 mission where the player mans an Apache chopper and takes the sky to help his fellow soldiers in an effort to bring peace to the island that's controlled by the Russians.

There are many parts that can go wrong. Firstly, if you get shot down by enemy anti-air defensis, all your objectives still stand. Which means your Air tactics now turn into ground tactics. Also you will have a choice to be picked up by a friendly chopper if there is no enemy air defenses in the area and the chopper will know that the discard your request.

If you call in rescue chopper before objectives are complete mission failed, if you call in chopper after the 1st 3 objectives are complete it will bring you back to the last objective.

Watch out because I expect to figure out how to put more suprises in there for you. You must also keep 2 of the units you are helping alive throughout the whole mission. It can only sustain a minimal amount of loss. You are their gaurdian of the sky and ground.

also I understand that air combat pilots are differently trained the ground combat soldiers, but hey it's OFP, it will make it more fun and replayable. I believe ocne this mission is complete, it will be exhilerating and fun to play because there are lots of options and events that change and happen when you do something right or wrong...

What does everyone think? Any questions?

Yes, its OPF but thats no reason why not to make things more life alike.. use multiple endings better, if the helicopter is shot down and the player survives fail the main objectives and add a new one... evade & escape wink_o.gif .

The idea: " They shot down my helicopter but i survived so im going to pick some RPG's and kill them all on foot!" is too arcadish, the more realistic a mission plays and feels the better it is imo smile_o.gif .

No army would allow a pilot to join some kind of an attack on foot. That would be a huge waste of training.

Only thing worse would be a grunt or spec op nicking a foreign gunship or a jet. There's just no way that would ever happen in real life.

I agree with them. I think that you should make it so the objective changes to get to an LZ without being killed or captured. Give the player an option to surrender if he wishes in which he is taken to a prison and has to escape and then get to the LZ if he chooses surrender over death.

Yeah that's true for the real life. But I figured it would make it more fun and changing. But evading and escaping sounds like a good idea. It's just that if you get shot down, your 1st unit your supposed to defend will end up getting killed and I havent decided about that captive soldiers yet.

So i kind of dont want the objectives to be over if you get shot down. It wouldn't be realistic though for him to become a combat soldier, but it could be cool.

So you guys think there should be an evade and escape plan and a surrender event if the player gets shot down?

What about the other two units your supposed to support and rescue?

Any more ideas?

Yeah that's true for the real life. But I figured it would make it more fun and changing. But evading and escaping sounds like  a good idea. It's just that if you get shot down, your 1st unit your supposed to defend will end up getting killed and I havent decided about that captive soldiers yet.

So i kind of dont want the objectives to be over if you get shot down. It wouldn't be realistic though for him to become a combat soldier, but it could be cool.

So you guys think there should be an evade and escape plan and a surrender event if the player gets shot down?

What about the other two units your supposed to support and rescue?

Any more ideas?

Maybe they also get captured and you help them escape. Or maybe the units that were going to kill them split up. Some of them trying to capture you and the other ones going after the guys you were trying to support. That way the guys can defeat them and they stay alive and you are still able to do your jobs.

I was also thinking, that what about the Russians whom have your fellow soldiers captured. Dont you think in real life that if the enemy spotted the chopper they would kill the soldiers?

Or I Could make it so the soldiers just get captured and you have a certain amount of time to rescue them. There are many possibilities from this mission. Because also keep in mind the fellow soldiers that are captured, they are going to be rescued by a blackhawk helicopter which you have to give the okay signal to go.

So i have to take into all these consideration and figure someway to make this mission more realistic.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

That's a way, that would defeat the whole purpose of the script made if your shot down..

One of my goals is to make this mission replayable so people would want to play it again.

Keep in mind guys, remember it's just "a game". It doesn't have to be 100% serious and real, some rules can be broken, and that's sometimes what you have to do to make it fun.

While all your consideration are read, but I think it's okay to have it a little arcadish or unrealistic you could say.

But, overall I think it's a good idea for some fun and differntial things.

Its not easy to guess what you have in mind.

If your helicopter is destroyed make the ground forces you were supporting retreat, fail the objective(s) and add new ones.

A mission shouldnt end because you fail one or more objectives, in RL you can fail too. Take advantage of this with multiple endings, turn a air support mission into a evade and escape one, this will give it good replay value and make it feel much more authentic.

If you loose the helicopter the mission is canceled, ground units pull back, a SAR mission is not possible due to strong AA enemy presence and/or weather/visibility, add some rain and fog to it wink_o.gif .

You asked for opinions, in the end its up to you but i still think that the pilot/comando idea is too.. unreal.

here are my objective for the mission...

1) Assault the town and repel a counter attack.

2) Rescue captive soldier and make sure they get to HQ safely.

3) defend HQ at all cost (ending objective)..

Objectives 2 and 3 are hidden and 1 is just visible at the beginning..