Sign in to follow this  
11bhooah

Help With Graphic Settings

I dont have any problems from my computer at home. But I'm currently deployed so I have a Hp Pavillion fairly well loaded. Although I have had slight performance issues, when running things maxed out. Here are my specs.

T2600 dual core 2.16ghz

994mhz with 2 gig's of RAM

Ge Force go 7400 with 512 RAM

I want to run OFP to it's full potential. I'm pretty sure I should be able to with my hardware configuration. However sometimes it gets a little choppy, when I increase the settings.

I do have a lot of addons, they are seperated in folders and I run them from my shortcut. Not sure if this could add to any reduction in quality. Any help with what the best settings would be with my computer would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

when running things maxed out.

I want to run OFP to it's full potential. I'm pretty sure I should be able to with my hardware configuration.

Not really, no one can run OFP smoothly with every last setting maxed out. It would require more power then any home-pc can offer.

Even more so when using addons.

There is a sweet spot for each PC with graphic settings vs view distance. First of all, the terrain doesn't need to be on a high setting. Have it on lowest, or second lowest. View distance is (at least I have found) a sudden FPS killer, find how high you can have the view distance before the FPS suddenly drops off. Do all your tests with stuff happening in front, behind, and at distance from you to test the game.

Eventually you'll have a view distance (mine is just a little under 2km) that holds a steady FPS under various conditions. My own preference is to have shadows on all objects, which surely reduces my performance somewhat, but then again I also ditched DXDLL which also eats FPS, so on balance I gained I think.

The engine isn't made for the view distance and terrain detail that the settings allow nor the hardware available nowadays. For example, there's no detail reduction for terrain grid over distance so a normal island with 5k VD and high terrain detail will easily bring pretty much any pc on it's knees. I'd say stick to normal terrain detail and then adjust the VD to a playable level.