Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS releases T-62 Pack

I love the T62 "Bear" and "Fox" models. Had some fun with them.

@sv5000 - Can you told me wat u did to fix the RHS misc file?

Before you guys start to fiddle with it better wait if anything happens today.

Might be wasted work.

Odd gave the new Misc to Ak to check and he said his old tanks still worked fine with it.

@Gedis

Did we forget you again? Damnit!

Didnt know you provided Kenji data... will check that with him.

Quote[/b] ]only one small thing missing is that not all tanks have a dammage model, the fire is lit but not all tanks get black or dammage look

I can't speak for Kenji-san but I am certain that's intentional. I don't see many tanks in real life "crumple" like a ball of paper after getting hit.

You're right. It is intentional.

Thanks again for all your hard work RHS. This is a great addon, with a beautiful readme and some absolutely superb texture and modelling work. inlove.gif

Hi.

I've just test your T-62, they're great! biggrin_o.gif It's good that they don't crumple like a piece of paper but missing explosion

sound makes us hard to tell when it's destroyed (you did that good in your T-72 and T-55)and the second thing is

that they armour is too weak. In example: it takes only 1 LSR AT4 to destroy RHS T-80! crazy_o.gif that's definitely too little.

Sorry for my bad english banghead.gif

The engine sound and track sound for the t55 has had a name chage and the t55 config has was not updated to reflect the change in the sound file.

The change was made to the t55 config, not the misc file. It was as a result of the change in the misc file (new sound name)

well for me its a pshycological effect to see the vehicles or buildings crumble like paper or get at least a little bit black. biggrin_o.gif

hmm maybe for arma it could be possible to have sort of random destruction , dammage looks for tanks? And maybe somehow also check what hit the tank and about where so it could get a just scratched look or like the engine part is just blackened out or like olemissrebel said the tank would be scattered all over the place. Also noticed today that i didn't notice last night was that the crew never get the chance to bail out like in the other tanks and apc's tounge2.gif but hey that saves the extra work and caution as a soldier to watch out for "tank crews with a vengeance" biggrin_o.gif

It takes only 1 LSR AT4 to destroy RHS T-80! crazy_o.gif that's definitely too little.

From the Laser weaponspack readme:

Quote[/b] ]LSR_at4Launcher | M136 AT4 Launcher | LSR_at4rocket

Note the lack of a JAM compatible round. The fact that you can destroy the RHS T80 with a single LSR AT4 round is not due to the fact that the T80's armour is underpowered, but that Laser made his AT4 too strong.

I shot alot of projectiles at the tanks during testing, and they all took more then one shot to destroy, Carl Gustav, RPG75, LAW from BIS, RPG7 from BAS with all types of available ammo, RHS AT weapons etc. Even AA weapons.

Btw, wrong thread don't you think? wink_o.gif

Awesome work as usual, by everybody involved.

It's a shame they've probably come a bit too late for the FIA versions to be considered replacements for the FIA T-55's in FFUR.

xmas_o.gifnotworthy.gifpistols.gif

I'm about to go to bed, but I'll just say that readme is astounding. Was a great read, and I'd love to be able to see more of that kind of stuff from addon makers in the future.

If Kenji's interested, I'd also be quite happy to check and fix his English if necessary. Not saying that it was poor, rather, if you guys would like the extra polish.

Awesome stuff, I had a good time reading it. goodnight.gif

@Gedis

Did we forget you again? Damnit!

Didnt know you provided Kenji data... will check that with him.

well, i do remember exactly that i gave T-62/64/72/80/90s, Mi-24, Su-25 and more infos...

i'm shrouded in secrecy  tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif  besides you can't mention all people who helped, there are too many(whole ofp communit too, which supported, waited and now having fun together) smile_o.gif

The engine sound and track sound for the t55 has had a name chage and the t55 config has was not updated to reflect the change in the sound file.

The change was made to the t55 config, not the misc file. It was as a result of the change in the misc file (new sound name)

As Shadow said, don't bother, there's going to be new versions of both (T55 scripts and misc pbo) released soon anyway.

Commando84, you'll know when they're destroyed, trust me. And I think you'll learn to appreciate the non-crumpling effect.

And CameronMcDonald, Kenji didn't want any help with the English, well not from me at least. nener.gif

I actually quite like the "destroyed" effect you guys put in - better than the crumpling effect - but I was hoping that every time one was knocked out of action - it wouldn't be catastrophic for the crew as well - oh well - good job guys - T-62's didn't fair any better on the HC Caen map any better than the T-80's tounge2.gif

Yeah i also said to Kyle that the thing should eb explode first or somethign so you realyl know why it starts to burn.

Think that will be the case with the final misc for ofp this week.

Very f*cking nice,so much quality stuff  out from RHS this week....im so happy  yay.gif (its like x-mas  xmas_o.gif ).... there was so much american/west addons lately ,and now finaly bunch of addons from russian side (thats going on my DVD with soviet addons right away)...u got to love east (i know i do).

I like idea of "Red Hammer Studios addon week" (should be more often..hehe joking,i know its time demanding),and pdf file with T-62 description is also great.

Anyway great job guys...no word..   notworthy.gif

Kudos to Kenji - the PDF file had a look and feel to an Osprey Publishing book - could have fooled me !

Cheers - good read and good info

IMHO one of the best modelled of armour in OFP (together with Manfred`s T-72/T-72A and Sea Demon`s T-72B). I wish to see it with better textures. Great job, Kenji, great idea with those Osprey-like .pdf    notworthy.gif

@ShadowNX

Like was noted earlier the RHS_Misc.pbo in this pack confilcts with the T-55 pack(no sounds). Is there a patch on the way?

TIA!

@ShadowNX

Like was noted earlier the RHS_Misc.pbo in this pack confilcts with the T-55 pack(no sounds). Is there a patch on the way?

TIA!

Yes, more than just a patch. wink_o.gif