Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.3

It's hard to hit anything when your're all worked up about being shot at...trust me. HD mags make it easier to hit things in game than it would be in real life. Anyways, not to go off-topic, but there was a skypack released awhile ago (NO, not the unsung sky) it had basically vietnamese hills in the background, i have searched and searched and can find nothing on it.

It's hard to hit anything when your're all worked up about being shot at...trust me. HD mags make it easier to hit things in game than it would be in real life. Anyways, not to go off-topic, but there was a skypack released awhile ago (NO, not the unsung sky) it had basically vietnamese hills in the background, i have searched and searched and can find nothing on it.

I disagree there. I think putting both sides with normal rounds makes it more intense as you have to use cover etc.. With HD you can stand there and pick your arse for half an hour before they hit you. Ah well :P

Also for VTE servers:

Filter 'Rifles' and it is currently running on the Rifles Regiment MOD server.

Lol, then I must really be horrible as I die just as fast when facing HD, also hitting things with HD isn't that bad. Under 100m it's not as bad as you may think it is.

Quote[/b] ]It's hard to hit anything when your're all worked up about being shot at...trust me. HD mags make it easier to hit things in game than it would be in real life. Anyways, not to go off-topic, but there was a skypack released awhile ago (NO, not the unsung sky) it had basically vietnamese hills in the background, i have searched and searched and can find nothing on it.

Try http://www.ofpnam.com/

I think I seen the sky pack your describing on there but the site does'nt seem to be working.

Thanks for clearing out few of my points. Not having the config file in use (I was actually running FDF with the VTE addons loaded) might've affected my gameplay a bit.

Only suggestion for a replacement of the CH-53 would be the Fischkopp one I guess, but it might not "fit in" that well, after all? Glad that you're gonna take a look at the flight model though... even H-6 ain't that agile!

About the armament, btw: most sites with it mentioned state 7,62mm MGs, Globalsecurity.org says 3 miniguns for SAR duty.

This site has some good H-53 photos, mostly 'Nam era. wink_o.gif

I remember this discussion about HD mags coming up soon after the first release of JAM... And I am still of the opinion that the introduction of High Dispersion magazines was to make firefights against AI more interesting and last longer, and not for humans to use.

after a bit of tweaking I got it very playble biggrin_o.gif very nice addon though some models could use some replacing:

CH-53 should be the SEF version instead of the VERY OLD version used

F-4 models, the BOH models are by far the most realistic ones bar none

also the BOH CH-46 would be a nice addition as a USMC transport helo

overall nice job wink_o.gif

Snake Man

i have setup a server running VTE

i have put the addons pbo's in Operation Flashpoint\x_vte\addons

BN_tracer.pbo

CoC_Arty.pbo

coc_diver.pbo

COC_Mines.pbo

JAM_Magazines.pbo

JAM_Sounds.pbo

JAM_Vehicles.pbo

MiG_anim.pbo

MTYBell47G.pbo

sebnam_obj.pbo

tracerSettings.cfg

USMCsymbols.pbo

VTE_air.pbo

VTE_an.pbo

VTE_aw.pbo

VTE_config.pbo

VTE_events.pbo

VTE_faces.pbo

VTE_isles.pbo

VTE_land.pbo

VTE_men.pbo

VTE_objects.pbo

VTE_sea.pbo

VTE_sounds.pbo

VTE_weapons.pbo

is this right as i can join the server and play

203.13.37.57:2020

@Snake Man

How can I turn the voice messages on?

(Yes I understand it's a feature, but I would like to turn back to the original voices.)

HD MAGS YES, HD MAGS NO...

Basically I appreciate the choice of HD mags also for US troops, I think it's historically accurate.

During the conflict most part of the US troops were conscripts, with only a few months of training.

The British Army consider a trainee soldier combat ready only after about four of five months of intense training, and after having shot 3,000 rounds or more in every conditions.

According veterans and historians the US GIs were sent to Vietnam after having fired about 1,200 - 1,800.

Fresh troops usually were often seen into battle firing bursts, instead of single shots as recommended during training.

This attitude changed with their experience, during the one year long tour of duty.

So most part of them could be considered HD mags troops, almost if they were green troops.

SEAL, Special Forces, and other professional units were more skilled, so should be better to change settings from HD to "normal" mags.

Ebud, do you still think it'll be possible to see Tonal Readeaux this weekend?

I haven't seen any reply in the forum since last week!

Again a great job guys, now all the units are really nice and enjoyable, with VTE 0.2. most part of the units were a bit outdated, but now, that's another music!

Quote[/b] ]The higher your transparence value will be, the less opaque the color would be in-game.

Thanks, I'll try to tweak those settings.

Quote[/b] ]Not having the config file in use (I was actually running FDF with the VTE addons loaded) might've affected my gameplay a bit.

How about... completely destroying it! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]replacement of the CH-53 would be the Fischkopp one

I get these CH-53's mixed up, which one was the heavy one with 1024x1024 textures and so on?

Quote[/b] ]7,62mm MGs, Globalsecurity.org says 3 miniguns for SAR duty.

I'll definitely look into this, maybe we could get something like that on the next version. But dont expect too much, dont want to get anyones hopes up smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How can I turn the voice messages on?

By editing them back on the main bin/config.cpp at class cfgVoice

Since this causes so much grief for many people (not ready for cool gameplay yet?), I'll see what can be done to turn them on/off easily on the config in the next version. I believe WGL does many features like this, so it should be doable.

banghead.gif  Hi all

I got a problem in pmc campaign 1965.In the first mission nothing happen when i clear the Lz colombus, i can finish all objective but not this one. Can someone help me? is it a script problem??

I download tihs baby, and I've got only two words:

INCREDIBLE WORK

notworthy.gif

Really great work! I already make some screens to CP

Quote[/b] ]I got a problem in pmc campaign 1965.In the first mission nothing happen when i clear the Lz colombus, i can finish all objective but not this one.

Perhaps there is still someone alive there, do thorough job and neutralize everything in there, if there is tank hull still alive (but crew dead) it needs to be killed etc.

I know the trigger is bit tricky like that, but I always like to neutralize everything completely on the objective so I never got this problem what I recall.

Quote[/b] ]INCREDIBLE WORK

Thank you, nice to hear you like VTE.

Quote[/b] ]Really great work! I already make some screens to CP

Yeah that would be nice, looking forward to seeing some nice images.

A VTE config bug?

Only in the VTE MOD, when a soldier (player) lied down for crawling, if his face is to low, it goes thru the surface of terrain .This bug don't appear when running official OFP (even VTE soldier on VTE island).

More ARVN units (Rangers, LLDB...) and Montagnards will be a must.

In anycase it's a wonderfull Mod!

@Snake Man

I had a look into the bin/config file at the line class CfgVoice // JNF

But i don't see any true/false switch. So what do I have to change exactly to get the voices back?

EDIT: OK disregard this. I figuerd out how to do it by comparing to the WGL config and some copy paste work from their config.

Now I have the voices back.

Quote[/b] ]Now I have the voices back.

You really like to play with the voices activated and the AI super slow?

I could not go back to the old slow method anymore. When I tested Ebud's tonal update I didn't have the config edits on and I almost immediately got killed in the mission as I was left looking dumbed how long the AI took respond to my commands. Heh the instant responses are just so cool.

Only in the VTE MOD, when a soldier (player) lied down for crawling, if his face is to low, it goes thru the surface of terrain

You mean in first person or 3rd person view?

Can you try to move the x_vte/dta/Anims.pbo somewhere else and try then, does this still happen?

Kroky, can you post the config modification to put in the config for people who want to have voice please.

Is it at all possible to get just the VTE islands on thier own. They are very very cool (love The Bra), and i would love to use them for some VCB jungle missions. But, we wouldnt use it if it required downloading the entire pack just to use them sad_o.gif

If it would be possible to get them standalone....

You can use them without needing the entire pack, but you still need to download the whole thing to get them.

I think you'd need to NOT install the island movies as they use the units in them.

i have n idea for a six man seal team..

just wondering how i can edit your guys to change waht there wearing?? n weapons

n how to have set face on the guys?