Sign in to follow this  

Backlash

Well im currently doing work on a new campaign. I have currently 4 missions ready for testing butstill have more to do.

The brief story is that General Guba is broken out of jail on Nogova and starts attacking the islanmds again for revenge however he has plans.

These are that he has had a meeting with the leader of the Tonal island. Due to the island being low on money and in a poverty state the leader has no coice but to accept Gubas plan.

The plan is that the Tonal army starts to attack civillians to get the US Army's attention and to bring them on Tonal. This way General Guba does not need to worry about losing his own mens life and to let the Tonal army do it all for him.

And of course you are a soldier tasked in helping control the fighting.

A quick list of addons are;

LSR Delta/Rangers

BAS Tonal

Tonal OPFOR

BAS Blackhawks

BAS Chinooks

Suchey & Earls Marines

CBT Humvees and APC

BN880's Tracers

SFP Zodiac boat

Im trying to keep the list relatively small but am still open for suggestions on addons.

As ive said currently there are 5 missions done and ready for testing. However tese so far are al still on Nogova and Everon bfore General Guba launches his 'plan' so the next mission and the rest of the campaign shall be on Tonal.

I plan to have around 13 missions overall showing many differnt types of missions so not aevery mission is defend this or attack this.

It shall be fully voice acted to add to atmosphere, AI Scripts will be used to try nad liven up the AI.

Thats pretty much all.

Feedback is highl welcome good or bad.

What you think?

LSR Delta/Rangers

BAS Tonal

Tonal OPFOR

BAS Blackhawks

BAS Chinooks

Suchey & Earls Marines

CBT Humvees and APC.

How about adding bn880's tracers because at least in my ATI radeon card the BIS tracers get distorted. I dont even remember the time anymore when I had rifle tracers enabled in options...

WGL uses them and so does VTE.

Quote[/b] ]It shall be fully voice acted to add to atmosphere

Hope you dont have bunch of 12 year olds as voice actors. Its extremely difficult to find good, if any, voice actor for a campaign sad_o.gif

Instead of earls+sucheys marines, what about saftey's marines?. Not that there is nothiong wrong with e+s (They are still in my addon folder), just have not seen the others used much.

other then that..cant wait!

Ive been thinkng of adding tracers just not sur how badly they can affect framerates during large firefghts. But i'll definatley put it into consideration.

Quote[/b] ]Hope you dont have bunch of 12 year olds as voice actors. Its extremely difficult to find good, if any, voice actor for a campaign

Well i'll try my best to fin the best i can  tounge2.gif

I personally prefer S&E marines and they dont require another large weapons pack as LSR weapons 3.0 are already rquired the the rangers i thought it would be best to use S&E's.

Plus they arent used alot only in the first few missions as Russian soldiers.

People may say why i dont use RHS its mainly becuase they seem to lag alot on my system sure they are highly detailed and look great but to many lag me out. A shame but i would prefer more frames then better looking units.

Ive been thinkng of adding tracers just not sur how badly they can affect framerates during large firefghts.

Dont worry, they wont cause any slowdowns/lag. I've had huge firefights with them and no problems.

I made even "mistake" in VTE v0.2 and the tracers were on for every shot, even then the firefights were totally ok. Of course now its tweaked to have tracer on riflemen at every 3rd round and every 5th on machine gunners. Snipers go without tracers at all.

Its all good, trust me!

Quote[/b] ]I personally prefer S&E marines and they dont require another large weapons pack as LSR weapons 3.0 are already rquired the the rangers

I like the way you design the campaign. Many people would have just added everything because its fun.

Well the idea of tracers oes now sound appealing and the ddon is only small. But which tracers are the best. IIRC there were two different tracer addons released. Which would be best to use?

After all you will be te people laying the campaign so i want as much input as possible. tounge2.gif

But which tracers are the best. IIRC there were two different tracer addons released. Which would be best to use?

That would be Bn880's tracers for sure. Actually I never even seen the other one used anywhere.

If you need help to setup the different tracer round intervals for each unit class, just PM me.

Okay big thanks to Snake Man i have now added BN880 tracers to the missions with different tracer intervals acording to weapons.

Thanks.

Currntly looking for some voice actors (think minimum is 2)

Anyway if you wish to do voice acting please PM, email (rob0991v2@hotmail.com) or post in here and i'll get back to you.

Cheers.

I personally prefer S&E marines and they dont require another large weapons pack as LSR weapons 3.0 are already rquired the the rangers i thought it would be best to use S&E's

Well, if you're going for a large use, give Safety's a try, after all, who cares about the weaponpack, I mean, who doesn't got SJB weaponpack installed?

Quote[/b] ] I mean, who doesn't got SJB weaponpack installed?

I dont think i do infact biggrin_o.gif

Well, then you need to get your ass over to OFP.info and d/l it.

I mean, we in GOL have like 2GB addons, but we DON'T have SJB weap. pack..

That's just crazy tounge2.gif

JW

wink_o.gif

Hmmm, might be able to do it, voice acting I mean... what do you need? I'm a 17-year-old Finn who's pretty good (atleast wink_o.gif) in English, and got a pretty good mic too. Voice going too high shouldn't be a problem, I know some people whose normal speaking voice is higher than I can even go (yes, I've got a rather low voice).

A tad busy right now (well, tired and stressed atleast), but I think I'd be able to do it. wink_o.gif

Thanks alot Black Scorpion shall contact you asap.

Check your PMs smetime soon.

Cheers.

Quote[/b] ]Well, then you need to get your ass over to OFP.info and d/l it.

I mean, we in GOL have like 2GB addons, but we DON'T have SJB weap. pack..

That's just crazy

Well i think we do have it (required for Safety Catchs marines i think) but i cant say ive used the weapons much.

...Marines as Russian Soldiers!?

He means he's using the Russian infatry from the Marine Assault Pack, he's not using the Marines themselves as OPFOR.

I imagine if I had the time to finish work on v2.0 of the weapons pack before Armed Assault came out, they'd see more wide-spread use, unfortunately thats not the case so you'll either need to stick with v1.1 or stick with Laser's pack. Its no skin off my nose either-way.