Sign in to follow this  
twisted

Arma around the world

US of A, but the Brits make better coop allies than my countrymen wink_o.gif

It all depends on the server you play on.

Here's the results so far.

notice the percentages. the biggest markets are currently either being delayed or not catered to at all. a massive 78% of potenital buyers if you add 505 area (delayed) to Canada, USA, and rest of world.

Canada, US and rest of world with no publisher adds up to over 33% or 1/3 or total. that's big numbers. especially when you consider canada and USA are two big software markets for games.

I'm not bitching. merely pointing out where the numbers stand right now. I'll preorder mine from germany and then get the english version when it's out in AUS.

It's an indication of the great work that BIS have done that the game is so wanted. Looking forward to it smile_o.gif !

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Czech Republic 2 [0.91%]

Russia 2 [0.91%]

Other area. Please post your area and be heard. 15 [6.82%]

Poland 6 [2.73%]

Germany 30 [13.64%]

Austria 2 [0.91%]

Switzerland 1 [0.45%]

Slovakia 1 [0.45%]

United States 50 [22.73%]

Canada 11 [5.00%]

505 Area. (UK, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.) 100 [45.45%]

Rotterdam, Netherlands

going to Germany the first day it's out, don't want to get it by mail. I'm going to get it myself! And offcourse when the 505 is here that one will be in my hands the very first second.

Buying 3/4 copies of ArmA for myself including the special editions biggrin_o.gif

Here's the results so far.

notice the percentages. the biggest markets are currently either being delayed or not catered to at all. a massive 78% of potenital buyers if you add 505 area (delayed) to Canada, USA, and rest of world.

Canada, US and rest of world with no publisher adds up to over 33% or 1/3 or total. that's big numbers. especially when you consider canada and USA are two big software markets for games.

I'm not bitching. merely pointing out where the numbers stand right now. I'll preorder mine from germany and then get the english version when it's out in AUS.

The sample is hardly accurate since this is an english language forum. wink_o.gif

A more accurate prediction could made of the original operation flashpoint's sales.

Seems you're all much more luckier than I am. I live in the Middle-East in a place no one I know has ever heard about, called "Qatar". (If you're wondering where it is, look at a map, look at "Saudi Arabia" and look east of it. There's a little sliver (Peninsula) sticking out of it. That's Qatar. tounge2.gif ) And before you all think I'm Arab, I'm not. Born in Canada, lived there 6 years and then moved here. And no, I'm not 6. I've lived here for 7 more years. So I'm 13.

After all that, LoL, I'm pretty much screwed for getting ArmA as soon as it comes out... confused_o.gif

The Netherlands. (Nuenen, 2 clicks from Eindhoven).

Ordering it in Germany, and when it's released here I'll also get it again, hopefully the special edition.

- Viper

Finland

seems like those who get the game last are indeed the biggest market area ("rest of Europe", australia and the US)

I live in the USA (contrary to my username and facination with the eastern front of WW2).

... Indiana to be more presise.

Anyone close enough for a LAN party?!?  rofl.gif

I am in one of the screwed-till-February zones.

That's all that matters right now.

Well at least you know until when you are getting screwed. Some of us are still in the dark as to how long the screwing will last.

I am in one of the screwed-till-February zones.

That's all that matters right now.

Well at least you know until when you are getting screwed. Some of us are still in the dark as to how long the screwing will last.

well I'll be screwed like a month or two after the release... 40 days onboard practise, maybe I get a deal after that and spend half of the summer sailing crazy_o.gif more money, less ArmA or more ArmA and less money banghead.gif

Seems the USA is being 2nd to the "505 AREA" which is a list of over 30, combined! Yet they only double our poll.

Quote[/b] ] Poll choices Votes Statistics

Czech Republic 4  [1.44%]

Russia 3  [1.08%]

Other area. 21  [7.55%]

Poland 7  [2.52%]

Germany 34  [12.23%]

Austria 3  [1.08%]

Switzerland 1  [0.36%]

Slovakia 1  [0.36%]

United States 63  [22.66%]

Canada 13  [4.68%]

505 Area. 128  [46.04%]

People's Republic of Oregon here.

WARNING:  Discourse which may be interpreted as whiny, bitchy, moany, and pouty follows.  By reading on you forfiet your right to accuse me of the following:

-Warrentless complaining

-Flamebaiting

-Spreading bad Chi, Mojo, Ka, or any such forces

-Daring to even think negative thoughts about Bohemia Interactive

For the last two years or so I've been reading hundreds of pages of threads, trying desperately to find the few rare, tiny bits of actual, confirmed, BI-sanctioned facts about the game and its release.

I've seen a vast, confusing array of screenshots that all seem so totally different from each other; all steeped in rumor and false hopes; many of which have turned out to be VBS or the fabled 'Game 2'.

I watched with pretend interest as the (clever but ultimately stupid) blog developed, meting out photoshopped screenshots and providing no useful information aside from the nature and geography of the imaginary conflict, of which I care little.

I've tried my best to make sense of badly-translated interviews and tech reviews from obscure sites which promise things like 'perpetual online war' and 'improved a.i.', of which no indication or evidence has surfaced, and in fact, in many cases has been contradicted by what seems like hours of shaky 8mm video of an lcd showing what appears to be a couple of Czech-speaking special needs students trying to play the game.  In these videos I've seen all of the same jerky animations, collision problems, robotic speech, and retarded a.i. that have been driving me nuts for five years now.

I've suffered months of speculations on possible release dates; been desensitized again and again by conjectures of 'Maybe they're planning a big surprise', or 'The demo should be available long before release', or 'Maybe they're still working with CM in secret', or 'There are plans for online distribution', or 'They could just self-publish it'.

Now I'm seeing a mishmash of unheard-of, hole-in-the-wall publishers vying for territory like in a game of Risk, and we have confirmation that at least one third-party copy protection program will be integrated, on top of the Great and Powerful Oz, er, FADE (Freudian slip).

Now we have some German guy taking people's money up front with the promise of securing a high quantity 'wholesale' purchase of Armed Assault boxes, and all Placebo says is that 'we cannot condone or allow any advertising by 3rd parties offering commercial services of any kind' but makes no effort to comfort the massive English-speaking market that they have some alternative to buying a German version that has had its English text removed in the hopes of finding a decent enough translator who is willing to sit there for at least a good workweek UNDOING the removal of English text.  'The buttons and stuff will still be in German, but it'll be familiar enough for us to know what is what...'  Come on people, are you kidding me?

Then the people who say 'I'll buy the first version I can get my hands on and then when the proper one is available, I'll buy that one too.'  Oh, right.  I want to pay twice for the game because BI can't coordinate their release in a fair way.  Reward them.  Good.

Look, I've held my tongue.  I've been a good little lurker, and I honestly mean no personal offense to anyone by saying these things.  But lets look at what some of us have been watching.  The tone of this post might be characterized as 'disappointed', but the real feeling behind it is one of wonder and disbelief, kind of like when you see 13-18 million illegal aliens crossing freely into your country on an annual basis with no visible concern on the part of your government.  The feeling can be summed up using the following phrase:  I just can't believe this.

I'm the first to sing the praises of BI's brilliance in software development, and I at least try to explain OFP's significance to every gamer I meet on this side of the pond, but at this point I have to operate under the assumption that Armed Assault will not be released in the US.  Until I see the box on the shelf in my major retail store, or until BI sends me a letter in the mail (they have my address, remember that silly contest?), I intend to ignore Armed Assault completely.

I hope all you Germans and Czechoslovakians enjoy your new game, and I hope, although it has become nearly impossible to imagine, that it was worth the aforementioned debacle of a wait.

As for me, I'll be playing World of Warcraft.   goodnight.gif

"Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage" anyone?

I think that's pretty much everything one can think of. You speak out the people's mind without leaving anything into the shadows. Bravo!

PS: I really DO hope you were joking 'bout that WoW thing wow_o.gif

Yeah, the WOW mention better be a failed attempt at flamebaiting.. Thanks for "taking a whinge" all over this thread too.

Guess its not often Americans get something last. Tables turned. Ha.

Quote[/b] ]Now we have some German guy taking people's money up front with the promise of securing a high quantity 'wholesale' purchase of Armed Assault boxes, and all Placebo says is that 'we cannot condone or allow any advertising by 3rd parties offering commercial services of any kind' but makes no effort to comfort the massive English-speaking market that they have some alternative to buying a German version that has had its English text removed in the hopes of finding a decent enough translator who is willing to sit there for at least a good workweek UNDOING the removal of English text. 'The buttons and stuff will still be in German, but it'll be familiar enough for us to know what is what...' Come on people, are you kidding me?

I believe there is more than one german native speaker who is willing to translate the text into english. I hope we can set up a little platform (outside of these forums, as we don't know if BIS will allow this work on their forums) where we can distribute the work, organize a little and do the work a lot faster.

Count me in to help translating, if we can create such a group. smile_o.gif

Agree with you 100% Ulrich, havn't seen you round here for a while.

Good post LtUlrich , I am from the USA and agree somewhat.

I will buy it no matter what.

I am glad USA isn't first,same thing happened with original OFP too.Doesn't bother me, let some more bugs get worked out first.They made it and get it first, pretty simple.

Now I can say something I hold back....

I think releasing it in all those small countries first is a mistake.The pirates will have it all over the place and your gonna lose sales in the bigger countries