Sign in to follow this  
jammydodger

505 Interview

ArmaMods.net and Armed Assault Zone have had the chance to put some questions to Ian Howe of 505 Games.

Check out an extract below:

Quote[/b] ]Q: Can you tell us about some of the marketing idea's that you have for Armed Assault?

-A lot of exciting plans are being put together and we can tell you now that ArmA’s great community won’t be forgotten, in fact they will be a key focus area for our plans. Just as soon as we are in a position to talk about these further we will be sure to share them with you.

Quote[/b] ]Q: What made you decide to publish Armed Assault?

-To be honest? Simply because it’s a great Game. Of course Operation Flashpoint’s success has played a little and the fact that Bohemia’s great team was behind it!

Check out the full interview at Armed Assault Zone or armamods.net

Cheers wink_o.gif

Well, seems like they do have some publicity plans, so ArmA might sell well afterall smile_o.gif

(yeah, i usually dont like much publicity around games, but if noone notices ArmA then noone buys it, and if noone buys it then BIS dont have any money to stay 'alive' tounge2.gif )

Thanks jammydodger for the heads up! Nice to hear some reassuring words from the new publishers we have.  wink_o.gif

It sounds great but I hope that they're not just empty words. I'd really want to see ArmA getting some real publicity. ArmA being their first PC game is positive as they will probably give all to get a great start and make a name of themselves on the PC game market.

well i hope they dont use starforce or pb.. i hate them both although i have to live with PB cos its in the other games i play wink_o.gif

great stuff there, intresting to know that 505 games goes for niche games and hardcore gamers smile_o.gif

So its not a EA buy and sell everything but that they have some sort of focus. thumbs-up.gif

great stuff there, intresting to know that 505 games goes for niche games and hardcore gamers  :)

So its not a EA buy and sell everything but that they have some sort of focus.  :tup:

don't forget the word 'console' i keep reading in the interviews hahahaha (well you all know me by now i think;) Anyway, i hope BIS/505 get the success they deserve with ArmA/PC (and i really hope for a good port to 360 some time in the future)

Yes, 505 games seems to have some very good brains behind their project. I would say we can expect a lot more of interesting news from 505 in the near future. Thanks Jammy for putting this here, I totally forgot about it.

Quote[/b] ]Q: What made you decide to publish Armed Assault?

-To be honest? Simply because it’s a great Game. Of course Operation Flashpoint’s success has played a little and the fact that Bohemia’s great team was behind it!

Wish one day somebody would have a bit of honesty and answer "money, got a problem with it?" yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]-It is true. We need to localize the game in different languages to offer the players maximum enjoyment and user friendly experience.

Well I hope they wont translate it into dutch. Gamers in Holland are saying this for years already that we dont want games to be translated to dutch it just doesnt sound good.

Well atleast for the one's i know.

Quote[/b] ]-It is true. We need to localize the game in different languages to offer the players maximum enjoyment and user friendly experience.

Well I hope they wont translate it into dutch. Gamers in Holland are saying this for years already that we dont want games to be translated to dutch it just doesnt sound good.

Or god forbid, the players might actually learn something. icon_rolleyes.gif

Only the text should be translated, so you people can relax tounge2.gif

Only the text should be translated, so you people can relax  tounge2.gif

Well If they do gonna do this with the text ill get someones englishstringtable.

Only the text should be translated, so you people can relax  tounge2.gif

Well If they do gonna do this with the text ill get someones englishstringtable.

Heh, this forum would be overrun with dutch people asking for english stringtables, i know i would.. wink_o.gif

Thank god that english games (almost) never get translated to dutch tounge2.gif

EDIT: EiZei, i dont get your comment? huh.gif

i just don't get point of question where StarForce is on same line as PunkBuster ...

better one should be about "how agressive copy protection you gunna choose"

Maybe in the next article that should come around the 10th. or 11th. and should be quite a interesting read... whistle.gif

That's the plan. wink_o.gif

Hopefully some uber gamer around here we all know like Dyslexci will get his hands on a copy and write a 2000 word review in impeccable detail. All that's missing for me to write one is a house in the Czech Republic.

Maybe in the next article that should come around the 10th. or 11th. and should be quite a interesting read... whistle.gif

Yes, I bet it will mate smile_o.gif

@ Nov. 01 2006,23:46)]

Yes,  I bet it will mate  smile_o.gif

Stop the teasing please!! tounge2.gif

I already liked this interview and I hope the following will be even better whistle.gif

Maybe we did and got a answer but it's either not good or not to be made public yet or they don't know themself yet? wink_o.gif

The answers in that interview sound naively honest. I hate that. They simply want to lick the reputation of ArmA with slimey talk, as to appeal to us and also to make ArmA sound better than we still have to see how.

When it's not a straight answer, it's detouring from the point of the question.

my opinion on the localization: Sly Raccoon needs localization cos it's like 3+, ArmA is like 15 - 17+... and I can't even read manuals in my own language biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif