Sign in to follow this  
FLYBOY4258

.50 cal rifle

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ April 09 2002,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Was that from the net? If so, can you give me the link?<span id='postcolor'>

You can find the entire thing here with all the additions and the Hague conventions + some other stuff (quite a lot of text)

War time conventions

You can find article 35 that I was talking about on:

Artice 35

.. from the same site.. or just navigate to it from the first link

A more detailed look is given (also on the same site):

Article 35 explained

And they say this among other things:

The specific applications of the prohibition formulated in Article 23 , paragraph 1(e), of the Hague Regulations, or resulting from the Declarations of St. Petersburg and The Hague, are not very numerous. They include:

1. explosive bullets and projectiles filled with glass, but not explosives contained in artillery missiles, mines, rockets and hand grenades. (55)

2. "dum-dum" bullets, i.e., bullets which easily expand or flatten in the human body, such as bullets with a hard envelope which does not entirely cover the core or is pierced with incisions (56) or bullets of irregular shape or with a hollowed out nose; (57) [p.405]

3. poison and poisoned weapons, (58) as well as any substance intended to aggravate a wound; (59)

4. asphyxiating or deleterious gases. (60)

5. bayonets with a serrated edge, (61) and lances with barbed heads. (62)

6. hunting shotguns are the object of some controversy, depending on the nature of the ammunition and its effect on a soft target. (63)

.. and so on

What's the big deal, there are several .50 cal addons available, if you want them, get them, if not, then don't. This is a pointless debate, .50's are in the game now, it's been done, you lose, over.

Since nobody realised: I released my(and Wolf's) M82A1 Barrett P3D MOD with completely new model and textures and slightly improoved CPP version (from the previous CPP-only M82A1 addon).

Get it over at www.natosoldier.com

AvonLady, I would love too see you test and comment our P3D MOD!

FlipeR

I have very limited military experience and when you look at films (most) you tend to see guns as a sort of joke with people hiding behind sofas and stuff, but im in the air force cadets and Ive been on quite a lot of range days and the one thing I noticed was when we were firing 5.56 at targets in front of a HUGE sand bank the amount of sand that got kicked up after the round went through the target was incredible, like a cloud a couple of metres across, also my CWO was firing the LSW and he hit the grass in front of his target and he just ripped it and a few inches of dirt off for a big area around where he hit, so im wondering in most games you dont get any penetration and only that little puff of dust when you hit something why is this? or am i missing something in my (admittably) limited experience?

Opening old threads is bad...mmm'kay?

But since you did...someone please make a new O2 version of the M82A1! FlipeR's old version was cool, but it's a little dated now.

Hmmm. Bad, very bad.

Please don't open stone-aged stone dead threads.

Closing