Sign in to follow this  
-TheOne-

Mid air refueling

I'm in need of a plane that is capable of deploying a hose behind it and when a plane would get close enough you could refuel from that hose. I only found Hawks C-130 that said it could do it, but couldn't, the updated version seemed to havem removed it, at least that's what the readme states.

Does anybody know of any addons like this?

I know someone is working on a KC 10. Take alook at OFP.Info forums. However it' s still a wip but if i remember right an alpha release shouldn't be too far.

Klavan

Gnat @ Oct. 31 2006,13:25)]Think it was in the OFPEC forums .....

Yeah, OFPEC hosts another thread by the same author, but the one at OFP.Info has more images and infos.

Klavan

Found it on OFP.info, looks nice and hopefully I can somehow help him to speed up things...

Hi,

Another Extender addon was once released on Ofpec forum:

OFPEC forum thread

It worked very well, provided the AI controlled tanker aircraft maintained a low speed. It was challenging to have an aircraft running on vapours to get into the right position for the boom, but in a good way. The drawback from topping up was that one had to fly a couple of dozen kilometers distance back to get to an island, but in my opinion it was a joy to play with this tanker aircraft.

Regards,

Sander

I think so as long as fuel can be an issue for aircraft, then aerial refueling would be viable.

I've experimented a bit with this with F/A-18F using a buddy pod, and I think the only issue involved is some latency issues in multiplayer and having the right events to require the use of it.

People really don't try searching too hard for something on these forums... icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh well, I'll just repeat what I said elsewhere: Hawk made his first release of a C-130 with portuguese cammo and insignia, and one other nice little treat... air refuelling hoses that actually did work... or at least I think... if my gaming rig wouldn't be offline I'd confirm it to you...

Oh well, here's the pic to show how it looks...

c130refuelcbq3.jpg

BUZZARD @ Nov. 01 2006,00:00)]People really don't try searching too hard for something on these forums... icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh well, I'll just repeat what I said elsewhere: Hawk made his first release of a C-130 with portuguese cammo and insignia, and one other nice little treat... air refuelling hoses that actually did work... or at least I think... if my gaming rig wouldn't be offline I'd confirm it to you...

Oh well, here's the pic to show how it looks...

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8276/c130refuelcbq3.jpg

Did you actually manage to refuel successfully though? I found it a complete pig to fly close formation with as well as the KC-10 off OFPEC due to their tendency to porpoise through the air! All I wanted was for it to fly slow and level and it would be achievable. I wish the guy on OFP.info luck with his undertaking.

BUZZARD @ Nov. 01 2006,01:00)]People really don't try searching too hard for something on these forums... icon_rolleyes.gif
Quote[/b] ]I only found Hawks C-130 that said it could do it, but couldn't, the updated version seemed to havem removed it, at least that's what the readme states.

Did you read my first post at all?

@ Nov. 01 2006,13:17)]
BUZZARD @ Nov. 01 2006,01:00)]People really don't try searching too hard for something on these forums... icon_rolleyes.gif
Quote[/b] ]I only found Hawks C-130 that said it could do it, but couldn't, the updated version seemed to havem removed it, at least that's what the readme states.

Did you read my first post at all?

LOL, actually the single statement you quoted on my behalf is the only thing you didn't do before opening this thread - further research on this forum WOULD have answered your question already.

Oh yeah, and about the rest of my reply, you're right: /me open mouth, insert foot. banghead.giftounge2.gif

Well I did find the older version on OFP.info and it isn't quite as that KC-10 looks like it's going to be, something that will be capable of refueling you midair. Now all I need to do is wait and wait...