Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Battle Over Hokkaido MOD Ver 1.4 Demo Released!

Domo arigato godzeimas...

Nice work. However, some screenies would be highly appreciated. wink_o.giftounge2.gif

Excellent, I've been waiting for an update, Great work BOH team. Much love guys

Excellent update.

The amount of stuff in here is awesome. thumbs-up.gif

Minor nitpick...lods.

A lot of the units turn into boxes and lose any kind of detail at even short distances.

Nothing terrible...just mentioning smile_o.gif

Great stuff! Love the infantry, really great work on them. My nitpick is the firing sound of the Type 90. It's not really powerfull (it sounds too distant), too soft. It almost sound like an energy weapon crazy_o.gif . Maybe you guys can use the firing sound from Inq's Abrams? After all (correct me if I'm wrong) M256 smoothbore = L44 smoothbore.

The rest of the sounds is great though (especially the infantry weapons)

By the way, Hyk, check your PM please.

Now we just need some true Karate-Do anims biggrin_o.gif

GJ, will be testing tommorow if I have time tounge2.gif

Could I use the addons outside of the demo Mod? I tried to copy the addons to the addon file of OFP directory and play them in other Mods. But very strange, some weapon or magazine missing in the missions of other Mods, such as magazine of type64, machine gun ... I also played such trick with the previous BOH addons and seemed okay. But for the new demo pack, it seems have got a problem. Could you guys help me on that?

Great work! Really good models, textures and sounds! Im really enjoying the missions and campaigns too, it's obvious a lot of hard work and has been put into them, judging by the amount of detail.

Could you explain how the mortars work? Is there any special scripting needed? I played with them in the editor, but couldnt even see the rounds land confused_o.gif

Thanks!

Thank you all very much I enjoyed this mod especially the paratrooper mission.

This has always been a MOD with a high level of work going into it and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with your units.

I just have a few questions:

Can a downed Pilot be rescued at sea using any of your Medium Helicopters?

Do you plan on tweaking the ground based steering of your addon's? It's just that I have skidded and caused damage to my plane when turning on the taxi-way especially the C1.

Are you planning on redoing the interiors of the Choppers as some don;t have roundels which makes flying them a little more challenging? wink_o.gif

Also a few of your wheeled vehicles seem to turn like they are on ice when you go hard to the left or right, there seems to be a loss of traction (I'm talking about at low speeds rather than at high speeds, when this happen normally in OFP:R)...the LAV is an example, the same with the CCV.

Anyway I'm going back to playing with these fantastic addons. YOU GUYS ROCK! yay.gif

Thanks again for your hard work and dedication that brings out such quality addons. thumbs-up.gif

nice update to a great mod wink_o.gif are you planning to have an actual Hokkaido island in the future with campaign? The brothers campaign is short but still one of the best released for OFP

Just tried 1.4 the first time, Mechas and aircraft that is... very nice. Will need to see more. The aircraft fly well, sound powerful (well, like a fighter jet should) and are heavily enough armed.

Also the Mechas are nice to battle when not using the missiles... BOING BOING BOING WOOOOOSH GRAAAAAAR! biggrin_o.gif

Now, RHS's 85 VDV has got an enemy to stroke! Just enjoy in fighting against BOH's 85 japanese troops, killing those GUIZHI! But have to say the texture of those 85 japanese is nice, especially the realistic effect of clothes...

I got some more nitpicking (sorry), I hope you (BOH) guys see this too.

It's about the apache (and maybe the cobra too, haven't flown that yet), specifically when you're shooting. As long as you stand still, it's fine but when you move and shoot, things are going wrong. It becomes kinda hard to aim (especially with rockets, from a long distance). Now, I haven't seen the config yet but from the first thing that pops in my head is, you guys might have a too high "initialspeedvalue" in the hellfire and zuni rockets.

I got some more nitpicking (sorry), I hope you (BOH) guys see this too.

It's about the apache (and maybe the cobra too, haven't flown that yet), specifically when you're shooting. As long as you stand still, it's fine but when you move and shoot, things are going wrong. It becomes kinda hard to aim (especially with rockets, from a long distance). Now, I haven't seen the config yet but from the first thing that pops in my head is, you guys might have a too high "initialspeedvalue" in the hellfire and zuni rockets.

funny, for me i find it easy to aim with these rockets, and the TOW is deadly, 1 hit, 1 kill. My problem is with the ASM 1 and 2, they generaly hit 20m away or more from target, regardless of the distance i fire the missile.

but i dont care, beautiful mod, very complete and high quality.

p.s: the cargo anims for the V107 are FUBAR.

for some reason, the helos have a problem attacking VME soldiers ...they just fly over them and act like their about to fire but very rarely do..I'll keep testing to see I can see what causes it...

help.gif Can someone help me?

I don't know if it's a bug but in the campaign "brothers" when we have to find our brother who was shot down in the forest, i can find the copilot but impossible to find the pilot! i've been everywhere in this damn forest.

Please help!

help.gif Can someone help me?

I don't know if it's a bug but in the campaign "brothers" when we have to find our brother who was shot down in the forest, i can find the copilot but impossible to find the pilot! i've been everywhere in this damn forest.

Please help!

he's there wink_o.gif took me about an hour to find him but he's there...

also noticed the FIM-92 guys won't engage air targets...even if given the order to "target" or "attack" only the other soldier mounted SAM units will

I wonder if, besides planning to mod for ArmA, the BOH team is considering still to release something for OFP, since it still seems some time off before everybody will be able to fully enjoy ArmA, be it due to lack of a more world-wide release, need of patches, and non-availability of modding tools...

I hope as well that further BOH releases will keep incorporating "Front Mission" hardware - I wonder even if there is cooperation in any way between Ocrambass and the BOH team?

lets hope they continue working on ofp stuff...but fear like most of the other respectable mod groups..they'll jump on the "ArmA bandwagon" icon_rolleyes.gif

hei hello, why BOH is a demo?

I heard , It is japanese traditional style.

But,we are aliving on OFP world.

Please looking forward to next our release.