Sign in to follow this  
j w

Crime City Ultimate

Hello there.

Just posting here to inform you about my new project, Crime City Ultimate (name also WIP tounge2.gif).

Here's the introduction

Quote[/b] ]Ever played Crime City? Yeah, you probably have.

But you got bored of it right? Cause if you're a cop, you endup geting shot in the head by civilian 4, run over by civilian 7, and then sprayed with led (after you died) by civilian 3. Not so fun.

And besides, civilians doesn't have it too fun either. Either you work in workplaces. Or you do deliveries. Or even deal drugs (risky buisniess though).

So, I'm trying to make the antidote for this.

Crime City Ultimate was the thing I came up with.

It takes place on Nogova, and some of the features are:

Nice addons, better scripts, no Columbia, more money in risky buisniess.

Oh, and the Civilian markers are deleted, since they don't have GPS-trackers on them for the cops to see...

Some scripts like medpacks and on-place-repair will be done.

Well, Nice addons I say.

Here they are;

Police

DeadMeat's Nogova Police addon pack v1.2a

Civilian (mostly vehicles)

Mercedes 600 SEL Fixed

Hummer H2 Betapack

BMW M5 Beta

Cell7 Updated Mustang Pack

Pajero Jeep

Smart Roadster Coupe

18 Wheeler Beta**

Kowalski's White 70 Challenger R/T

Jawa 21

Lancia Stratos*

1930 Ford*

Kawasaki KLR250 by SelectThis

Suzuki GSXR

Misc

SJB Weapons Pack V1.1 Released

JAM3

Afghanistan Soviet Prison

*Extremely expensive cars (100k-200k approx)

**Only available to purchase if you're doing a special delivery (costs 100k to buy, but the delivery you do gives you 150k, and you get to keep the truck! )

As you see, it's alot of addons, but this gives alot of opportunities wink_o.gif

Total compressed addon size:

113.66MB

Total uncompressed addon size:

Unknown, probably somewhere around 300MB-400MB.

Downloadlinks will be available for all addons, and the full pack.

If you'd like any addon to be in this mission, please post links for me to read about/download the addon, and also pictures if possible.

This is meant to be a real RPG here, "no cop vs robbers, kill everyone you see, z0mg h4xx t0 p13c3z".. Or something tounge2.gif

Anyways, what do you think of the idea?

JW

smile_o.gif

Wait a minute ,,, haven't you worked on some campaign or something? Have you finished it? Or you're just moving from 'project' to 'project', when you become bored? And in our country they say: jump first, then say "hopla".

No seriously, good luck with it. wink_o.gif

We can just say that I am a "multi-projecter".

No, but last campaign will be done with the same concept for ArmA as soon as we from Keyhole Arts release Kapitali Mod.

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

We can just say that I am a "multi-projecter".

I would just say you are a multi spammer(hence you're post count) tounge2.gif  Back on topic so as you don't accuse me of spamming again- Hope you do put some work into this and release it! That way you could make me "eat my own words" p.s. good luck with the project! EDIT= added the word multi tounge2.gif

hmm.... jw 18 wheeler isnt multiplayer compatible... has the same damn problem as the yucata police/fire/ems vehicles do..... maybe it has to do with how deltahawk wrote the scripts because everything made by him isnt MP compatible... damn you delta! biggrin_o.gif

martins bell 206 i think civilian helicopter i would like to see. And some civilian boats too. smile_o.gif

One thing that I didn't like about the original Crime City, was that all the cars were supercars, like Ferraris, Vipers, etc... It ruined the whole realism of the concept. I'd say lose the 1930 Ford (wtf huh.gif ) and definitely lose the Lancia Stratos (Old WRC car... huh.gifgoodnight.gif ) and replace them with more realistic vehicles eh? wink_o.gif

Don't buy the Ford or the Stratos then wink_o.gif

Since they're unrealistic, what do you want?

And, of course we need some sport/super-cars, if you have alot of money, you gotta ride in style.

Fo real!

tounge2.gif

Thinking about making a version for Skye, but I'll finish up the Nogova one first wink_o.gif

Not much process this week, has been having alot of karate and I got german to study (test soon). Plus I wrecked my f-ing toe today, hurts as hell, so I'm probably gonna sleep the day out tomorrow.

Thx for interest

JW

smile_o.gif

Skye? Nogova? Forget it, I suggest. For good urban areas, Lechistan or Starlight Island (I actually strongly recommend Starlight Island, it's kinda like the San Andreas area, with desertic towns and big city style areas with skyscrapers and shops,etc )

hmm.... jw 18 wheeler isnt multiplayer compatible... has the same damn problem as the yucata police/fire/ems vehicles do..... maybe it has to do with how deltahawk wrote the scripts because everything made by him isnt MP compatible... damn you delta! biggrin_o.gif

Didn't someone else wrote the scripts? I remember working with Delta Hawk on the trailer, island and other shit years ago. Forgot the guys name though.

Good idea. all you need is some decent cops (Post some screenies of the current ones your thinking of using pleas,e I never heard of them, they might be decent) and a decent cop cruiser.

well last time i checked he wrote them... but im not sure... all i know is it doesnt work, i dont know the problem with it though, i *believe* the faun franziska is the same way so maybe it has to do with trailer scripts (i think the 18 wheeler uses the old faun trailer script) but im not sure... and yes jw, dont use JMG cars, they have bad handling and they are not strong without scripting them stronger... ive found out the problem with ert police cruisers... it has to do with how the flashers are scripted to flash, so if someone wants to help me fix it and texture it now, well i guess you'll have some realistic police cruisers...if not, wait your lazy butts until arma for them

Ok jmg police cruisers are a no no! In my last post i suggested also jmg police unit's,what i meant to say was farmland police unit's i use them in my custom config they are better than the origional "green" bis unit's also i think the latest poice unit's JW is thinking of using are green in colour! Much better to use real life colour police (dark blue)

ATM, the only high-quality civilian services addons out are DMX Police Pack, too bad ERT didn't finish up (we're getting back for ArmA wink_o.gif ), so that's what I'm gonna use.

Besides, green goes with Nogova.

JW

smile_o.gif

I'd prefer American style cops too sad_o.gif

Link me too a nice looking, good performing US Cop addon...

Oh, there you see. There are none!

theres this one good police unit me and my friends use when playing our police missions, i dont have the link, but the pbo is police45.pbo ..... if you dont have it i can send it to you wink_o.gif

(if you remember that video i made from the helicopter of a police chase, thats the units im talkin about)

Just checked Lechistan, seems like an awsome island for a project like this. Though, you'd need more cops, but that's easy to arrange.

The problem is the lagissue.

Lechistan is a very good island, but it's also a big island, with lots of object etc.

Therefore I'm not sure of if I should use it.

Anyways, I'll make the Nogova version primarely, and then we'll see if there's gonna be any follow-ups.

JW

smile_o.gif

OK fair enough. Did you check out Starlight Island? Good island with custom objects and textures

Sorry, haven't had time to check it except the deserted areas (played around with the trains), but that was a few weeks ago.

I'll try to take some time tomorrow for it.

JW

smile_o.gif

Trains? There are train tracks on Starlight, but they're not functional, I don't think, anyway, still, TEST IT! tounge2.gif I promise you, you'll love it, I did, and I'm a fusspot when it comes to islands biggrin_o.gif