Sign in to follow this  
akaunionjack

SINGLE PLAYER OR MULTI ?

I am just curious how many people buy a game like this for single player or multi.

The last few games like this i have brought i only have been interested in the multi player mode. bf2 & cod2 for example i have never played the single player modes.

any hows lets see. pistols.gif

woops sorry about the spellings rofl.gif

and another seneseless thread ...

We will see , since ArmA is everything OFP was plus much more , it'll have the ability to satify both single and multiplayer demands.

and another seneseless thread ...

We will see , since ArmA is everything OFP was plus much more , it'll have the ability to satify both single and multiplayer demands.

i aint saying it cant meet any demands im just wondering what the community looks for, most games i but is to play amongst friends in a gaming clan, and never seem to be botherd with the single player my own personaly choice.

main reason I play games is a catchy single player story, but if there's nice MP included it's always a good thinh, so I voted both

Jack are you from the old â„¢7 ?

anyhow.. i'm looking forward to playing Multi in some ladders with my squad.. that is if TWL and or CAL will support this title.

Both game types have their advantages. Single player has the ability of having a strong storyline, and the author has more control over what happens. Also, a mission or campaign can be more complex as there will be no lag, and less chance of run time errors in the scripting.

Multiplayer on the other hand, as long as played with a few good friends, offers great teamwork, which in itself can surpass all of the things mentioned above. Ofcourse, this only works in coop and RPG style games, even if they are PVP; deathmatch and other types of free for all combat are simply a waste of time imho, only good for when your very bored and wasting time is exactly hat you want to do.

Multi Player only.

I think it is much more enjoyable to play against other people and the challenge that they bring to a game.

Thanks and see you out there,

Loki Sunrider

Start with single, get my bearings and used to how the game works by playing the campaign, single missions etc [because OFPs were great] and then when Im happy ive pushed the communist northerners back into the ocean Ill hop on with afew freinds smile_o.gif

Jack are you from the old â„¢7 ?

anyhow.. i'm looking forward to playing Multi in some ladders with my squad.. that is if TWL and or CAL will support this title.

No m8 im from BaD that was renamed to Ew. I cant wait to get my teeth into some arma multi and look forward to seeing you all in Ew servers once were up and running. thanks for taking the time to vote. smile_o.gif

To be honest I think this poll is useless. Obviously most of the players will check MP for a day to see whats up, then discover anything they can in SP for a few weeks and whenever you have enough of the dumb AI, you go online.

And after a while you leave SP like in Ofp and only play MP.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 26 2006,19:57)]To be honest I think this poll is useless. Obviously most of the players will check MP for a day to see whats up, then discover anything they can in SP for a few weeks and whenever you have enough of the dumb AI, you go online.

And after a while you leave SP like in Ofp and only play MP.

usless to you maybe but for a clan member like myself who enjoys playing against other people online its nice to see, as somone else posted twl ladders etc are for the clans who like to battle it out and many of them play soley to play with others online and forget the game even has a single player mode.

Each to our own confused_o.gif

I voted for mainly singleplayer. I always buy games with multiplayer in mind, but then once I purchase it I discover how much I truely suck and end up having more fun with singleplayer.

Which multiplayer mode are you referring to adversary or coop?

I vote for both because I enjoy playing coop games with my wife, but I guess this is useless to you as a clan member!  tounge2.gif

Sometimes I have a bash at online adversary games if I can find some half decent squad members who actually behave like they are in a team! But I'm looking forward more to the coop side though if the new AI is as good as promised!  wink_o.gif

Well with OFP I really only play Single player, But in ArmA the introduction of JIP will change that for me. I still love single player make your own adventures.

I voted MP.

But offcourse I will start with SP first. I always enjoy the SP part of any game, notonly to see what they made us mission wise, but also to get used to everything and explore the possibilities.

After that it will be mainly MP. But I will always check SP related content.

MP coop all the way!

The AI in OFP (ArmA) is (will be) not good enough for very enjoyable single player. MP adversarial ends up like a quake match and most people aren't good enough to play vs bots, so playing vs fast-smart humans is even more disorganized/useless than coop matches can be.

both of course. there is a satisfaction in filling AI with 5.56mm rounds, but there is also fun in doing it at friends head from a distance, and watch him look at the screen dumb founded

I like the single player for some good fun when I don't want others depending on me... Or when I want to experiment with my own missions.

I love Coop though. Gotta have it.

Voted both.

I voted both because i enjoy good singleplayer missions,

and i also love playing coop across my home LAN with my family.

Mostly SP, I hate 90% of the human race, so i usually dont enjoy MP (except those few coops on ZEUS i played) tounge2.gif

75/80% single player, multiplayer is very time consuming, imagine you have 30 people and if a single one of them is an asshole you end up wasting your time. Coop with some good players is always fun smile_o.gif .

imagine you have 30 people and if a single one of them is an asshole you end up wasting your time

That's what the squad leaders have their pistols for.. tounge2.gif