Sign in to follow this  
rµm

Faces / Uniforms

apologies if this has been covered. huh.gif

i remember back in vanilla OFP that you could import your own face and use it in MP.. will we be able to mod the face along with maybe adding squad patches to uni and or changing color of bdu acu etc?..

i remember back in vanilla OFP that you could import your own face and use it in MP.. will we be able to mod the face along with maybe adding squad patches to uni and or changing color of bdu acu etc?..

The word is yes on faces, not sure on uniforms.

If I'm wrong someone will point it out.

You know what would be really neat is if the uniform textures were layered so that all cloth and other physical detail were irreplacable, but the cloth colors and patterns were customizable. It would be interesting to see players try to design the most effective camoflauge.

apologies if this has been covered.  huh.gif

With OpFlash, you could mod the faces relatively easily, as you suggest, but new camo and other clothing required more sophisticated modding efforts. My /guess/ is that ArmA will be similar.

I lucked out with the faces in OpFlash, in that "Peter S" looks almost identically like me, to the point that a friend of mine cracks up laughing every time he sees me in multiplayer. Hopefully I luck out in a similar way in ArmA and "Peter S" is again used as a model... rofl.gif

T-shirts and shorts on the screenshots make me assume that all the parts showing skin will be moddable, which is quite reasonable to me, as for the arm patches, I don't think so. Maybe they surprise us and make it customizable via squad.xml or something.

With OpFlash, you could mod the faces relatively easily, as you suggest, but new camo and other clothing required more sophisticated modding efforts. My /guess/ is that ArmA will be similar.

I lucked out with the faces in OpFlash, in that "Peter S" looks almost identically like me, to the point that a friend of mine cracks up laughing every time he sees me in multiplayer. Hopefully I luck out in a similar way in ArmA and "Peter S" is again used as a model... rofl.gif

Yeah me too smile_o.gif Instead I try to do variants. This is the latest one, but I have been known to slap on a little lippy & mascara for the boys wink_o.gif

faceBattered.jpg

Some time ago...I guess years...I suggested to put userfaces into Armed Assault be it for a reward for something or whatever.

Unfortunally BIS has not taken notice of this.

Would have been a big blast to have some userfaces in. whistle.gifpistols.giftounge2.gif

Problem with uniforms is probably same as with skins on FPS. It can be changed locally so everyone has a bright color and can be easily seen. Put bright red on enemy and bright blue on friendly and you'll have no surprises.

Problem with uniforms is probably same as with skins on FPS. It can be changed locally so everyone has a bright color and can be easily seen. Put bright red on enemy and bright blue on friendly and you'll have no surprises.

if i remember correctly it was your character alone that was changed.. i know what your saying though.. in MOH if you changed the skin it changed everyone you saw..( cheating in my opinion )

in this case ( OFP ) you could change your face to Micky Mouse if you wanted and everyone saw you with a Micky head in multiplayer. only your character is changed not anyone else

If we are able to mod the uniforms i'm mainly concerned with adding patches to them, not so much changing colors, which might be fun to try as well though hmm..

screenshots bring another couple of questions in that i see some variants of uniform = to classes ? are there different classes of characters now in ArmA?

gunners have kneepads / goggles

snipers look like the rifleman.. ive not seena ghille yet..

http://www.arma-zone.pl/img/bt/armazbt25.jpg huh.gif

nice to see pilots and tank crews with respective uniforms anyway

( really just a bump for guyguy1 lol )

He looks like a designated marksman to me. The sniper has a boonie hat on, as seen from that pic where the guy is giving us the finger.

Here's a pic from the face customization section in ArmA:

link

Can anyone read Russian? What is the difference between the top and bottom boxes? I assume one is the geometric contour of the face whereas the other is the texture to be applied to that contour?

I don't think it's any different than OFP, the top box being the face texture and the second box being the voice your character uses.

- dRb

ah. I haven't been in the OFP face customization screen for years. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks Placebo.

Given that template, I'd say that "custom face texture" is a misnomer. Clearly it's a "custom body texture"! No doubt we'll see a tattoo or two.

guerilla @ Nov. 06 2006,17:57)]Can't see anythink, is the link broken ?

Works fine here, check any firewall/ad blockers you might have on "uber protect".

WOOOO HOOOOOOO! yay.gif

Being a 3d modeler I will give you guys some advice

For you that may not know anything about texturing. The best thing to do is take pics outside on a cloudy day (this will give you the best textures/pics because there will be no shadows). Also dont use MS paint to do your textures, try Photoshop or the free program Gimp. Take your time, and keep all the different pieces in layers i.e. arm, face, legs, eyes. At the end you can save it as a flattened image (ArmA_face.jpg).

If your using photoshop you should two files:

1 .PSD file (with all your layers)

2. ArmA_face.jpg (you do a "save as" in photoshop)

By doing this you can always go back and change something. Say your face is not lining up. Go back into the PSD file and change it, then save out ArmA_face.jpg again.

I would say if placebo could give us a wire frame that would help allot, or at least a boundary. But maybe they dont want to show the wire frame. Maybe I will try to set something up for you guys.

GooooD, but I dont know - what is what tounge2.gif

2x ears, 2x fingers

will be interesting

You know if the Team would allow it, a 3d model of (your) person from Arma would be cool. Testing your texture out and see if its working. All they would have to do is export it as a .obj or md3? file. Then look at it in the many free 3d viewers. Just an idea.

Damn, I just checked the filesize and it was allright... pistols.gif

Would be a great pleasure for me to tell Placebo:

Please remove your image-tags, postings pictures with more than 100 kb is forbidden... tounge2.gifrofl.gif