Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS release 5 A

Quote[/b] ]You would´ve found mirrors easily by reading the thread

yep i got the mirror N currently downloading........

@.COMmunist thx for some of the descriptions there, i really liked the bas readmes where so detailed with lots of info. good to getsome intel about what the different sorts of troops usually do. smile_o.gif

To elaborate some more on what .COMmunist already said:

VDV units, the "Blue Berets" are not only paratroopers, they're air-assault troops, they work constantly with helicopters. They are very much an elite unit, and often see deployment alongside regular Army units to fill holes or bolster morale or fighting ability.

OMON were adaquetely described. I would compare them more to the FBI HRT, as they do seem to be a bit more than just SWAT teams. OMON have also manned checkpoints and the like in Chechnya, so they are not deployed only in the Urban area, although for our purposes in OFP, the VITYAZ will suffice for most MVD needs, excepting regular MVD troops, prettymuch analogous to Regular Army - although not very well liked by the "frontovikii," because they have less training and lower morale, at least from the 1991-Present Chechen conflict.

The Naval Infantry are decidedly an elite, very combat distinguished. They're also parachute qualified and can deploy via helicopter or armoured vehicle, and operate often in a "Shock troop" role or other such, spearheading assaults and the like. In Chechnya, Chechen fighters jumped out of buildings instead of having to fight the Naval Infantry. Yes, there is videotaped evidence of this, and it is a shame I cannot show you a link, since I don't have one at the moment.

Naval Spetsnaz are attached to the Naval Infantry and are rather secretive. They do have forerunners up to 1942, just like the regular Spetsnaz do, as was mentioned. As an interesting note, only GRU Spetsnaz and Naval Spetsnaz can be referred to as "Spetsnaz." Otherwise it's a cover-term used to refer to Russian Special Forces.

The Naval Spetsnaz are very much an elite force, comparable to the SBS/SAS or a number of other formations.

So basically what has been released so far, are a number of elite Russian units.

VDV units, the "Blue Berets" are not only paratroopers, they're air-assault troops, they work constantly with helicopters. They are very much an elite unit, and often see deployment alongside regular Army units to fill holes or bolster morale or fighting ability.

The VDV was strictly airborne(it's part of the name after all); air assault was done by the DShB .

I don't think I've ever heard of the VDV deployed with regular army units, unless they were assigned to defend a convoy or something of that nature(which they would operate independently when doing).

I think I got all RHS addons installed. So thanks to RHS for having a great time for about 1 1/2 years now.

Getting a bmd-2 and a btr-d for the desantniki would be the next level in my addon heaven.

One thing Id like to add to the unit discussion: 1. OMON are local organized an quite independant. Those units are called OSNAZ. The SOBR seems to be quite the same as OMOH. But heard they are more a anti-terror unit, like FSB Group Alfa (freeing hostages and stuff). Any info about them?

RHS I LOVE YOU!!! biggrin_o.gifsad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

am i the only one getting a "magic" error on the VDV 03 recon units?

Make sure you have the latest versions of all the required addons.

am i the only one getting a "magic" error on the VDV 03 recon units?

Make sure you have the latest versions of all the required addons.

that is checked and verified.... gotta do some more tests though....

but as it was yesterday i had a "magic" error....