Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS release 2

one bad thing is the yellowish stuff that pops up behind the ffar pylons , it looks very low resish compared to the rest of the work.

I would second that, but other than this little problem, one of the best addons I've seen so far. This and the GRU Spetznaz together.. pretttyyyyy biggrin_o.gif

lol downloading

edit: sorrry for my english, i am canadian.

@Shadow NX

well u didn't answe\ard my question,

is there any chance you will post/incdlude in readme the init commands of how to open the pilot/gunner hatches and the side doors ?

P.S

I really liked the new sounds ! {at fired, FFAr, and the machine gun} smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Found a couple of bugs with the hind when I had AI attacking a few abrams.

1- The missile defense sends JAM3 RPGs (AA and ALL) off course.

2- The sound for FFAR firing dissapears on sustained firing (it's the AIs first choice against a BIS Abrams)

Guest Ti0n3r

Thanks for this release guys. Some of the best stuff I've seen in a long time. Same goes for RHS release 1.

Cheers! smile_o.gif

To continue from my previous post.. After playing around with them for a while in a little skirmish around Montignac, trying different variants out. They seem a little underpowered against the standard BIS Abrams, even the AT version.

Don't think I'm trying to put you down with these posts, I loved the helos. Just trying to help out by reporting any problems I find wink_o.gif

@Shadow NX

well u didn't answe\ard my question,

is there any chance you will post/incdlude in readme the init commands of how to open the pilot/gunner hatches and the side doors ?

P.S

I really liked the new sounds ! {at fired, FFAr, and the machine gun} smile_o.gif

yay.gif

We wait a few days then see if any other bugs pop up then you get a update and also a readme with these commands in them.

@XCess

Thanks for the hint, will check them although i find the rockets worked pretty well for me.

I hope it's ok if I post them here until you put them into the readme of your next release. If not I will delete them.

The commands to open the doors:

this animate ["Pdoor",1]; this opens the pilot door

this animate ["Gdoor",1]; this opens the gunner door

---------------------

this animate ["Ltdoor",1];

this animate ["Ludoor",1];

these two together open the left door

---------------------

this animate ["Rtdoor",1];

this animate ["Rudoor", 1];

these two together open the right door

---------------------

To close the doors simply use 0 instead of 1.

And this is all without the sounds, so it's mostly suitable for pics.

The proper commands will be coming in the next releases readme I guess.

Edit: Forgot to say: Awesome work you've done, top notch, like every other RHS release smile_o.gif

I hope it's ok if I post them here until you put them into the readme of your next release. If not I will delete them.

The commands to open the doors:

this animate ["Pdoor",1]; this opens the pilot door

this animate ["Gdoor",1]; this opens the gunner door

---------------------

this animate ["Ltdoor",1];

this animate ["Ludoor",1];

these two together open the left door

---------------------

this animate ["Rtdoor",1];

this animate ["Rudoor", 1];

these two together open the right door

---------------------

To close the doors simply use 0 instead of 1.

And this is all without the sounds, so it's mostly suitable for pics.

The proper commands will be coming in the next releases readme I guess.

Edit: Forgot to say: Awesome you've done, top notch, like every other RHS release smile_o.gif

if you quoted the scripts that activate the door opening (so that the doors open and the sound plays) then it would be just as easy of course

if you quoted the scripts that activate the door opening (so that the doors open and the sound plays) then it would be just as easy of course

Yeah, you're right.

I only tried to use the scripts very briefly. It returned an error message and I didn't really feel to find out where my fault is so choosed the lazy way in using the animate method. It's enough for me until the fixed version gets release smile_o.gif

lol, possibly missed out one of the variables it was looking for. But yeah, we can wait for a fixed version from the guys in the know smile_o.gif

thank you Peanut smile_o.gif

it was a little aretaiting running around and oppening the doors by yourslef :-P

Thanks yet again Mr. Peanut, but if you want a more proper approach (inclusion of sounds), here are the scripts:

[this] exec "\RHS_hind\scripts\pdoorop.sqs" -open pilot hatch

[this] exec "\RHS_hind\scripts\pdoorcl.sqs" -close pilot hatch

[this] exec "\RHS_hind\scripts\gdoorop.sqs" -open gunner hatch

[this] exec "\RHS_hind\scripts\gdoorcl.sqs" -close gunner hatch

[this] exec "\RHS_hind\scripts\rdoorop.sqs" -open right cargo door

[this] exec "\RHS_hind\scripts\rdoorcl.sqs" -close right cargo door

[this] exec "\RHS_hind\scripts\ldoorop.sqs" -open left cargo door

[this] exec "\RHS_hind\scripts\ldoorcl.sqs" -close left cargo door

And we're looking into the AA countermeasures. wink_o.gif

Now someone make a video of it dogfighting with a Cobra and dumping over on its side and falling out of the sky when it tries to do a fast banking turn.

Gnat @ Oct. 22 2006,11:56)]But ..... why the f$#% does my frame drop to some low rediculous number on an empty Hind, until I start the engine  whistle.gif

Seems like you didnt loop a script too well.

Its the init.sqs (whatever texture its trying to lay!wink_o.gif ..... its got no loop delay.

Some luminous cockpit dials would be nice too smile_o.gif

@ KyleSarnik what about some rope scripts for this? or do they have like fast roping and stuff irl? would be cool to have these as a counter part for the bas stuff wink_o.gif

@ KyleSarnik what about some rope scripts for this? or do they have like fast roping and stuff irl? would be cool to have these as a counter part for the bas stuff wink_o.gif

Use the Mi-8 from OWP for that played with the idea for the Hinds but i have my doubts that they do that in reality as a fulyl armed Hind isnt that easy to manouver.

It doesnt even have the hook at the doors where you could attach a rope to.

We look in all these things reported this week.

Just made a test run, ewerything is nice mostly.

But as some mentioned before, it cannot be shot down from ground!

(And i can't keep my mouth shut:All the russian stuff in OFP looks like super killer army)

Anyway, pretty stuff, also you'r another release too.