Sign in to follow this  
DodgyGeeza

Speed up time?

As the questioned is answered and the topic is most likely going to be closed, let me use this thread for another question.

The keyboard layout of OFp was pretty cool... or it was shite and we got used to it after some years. Anyway, im am used to it and really would not like it to be changed dramaticaly.

But there are new features like rolling, leaning right and left etc. and I am worried that these will be like:

A-S-D-W-E standard movement and leaning will be Crtl+A (left) or Crtl+D (right) and rolling will be Alt+A or Alt+D.

I would not welcome this as OFp was pretty easy to handle because you had to press only one key for an action and no combinations. Games like LoMac (Lock On - Modern Air Combat) have lost many players due to the bad keyboard layout.

Does anyone know how this will be sorted ?

Unless im mistaken the famous chopper crash video showed the player flying with speed at 2x/4x (unless its just a fast chopper). Thats why he crashed so quickly.

Quote[/b] ]As the questioned is answered and the topic is most likely going to be closed, let me use this thread for another question.

The keyboard layout of OFp was pretty cool... or it was shite and we got used to it after some years. Anyway, im am used to it and really would not like it to be changed dramaticaly.

But there are new features like rolling, leaning right and left etc. and I am worried that these will be like:

A-S-D-W-E standard movement and leaning will be Crtl+A (left) or Crtl+D (right) and rolling will be Alt+A or Alt+D.

I would not welcome this as OFp was pretty easy to handle because you had to press only one key for an action and no combinations. Games like LoMac (Lock On - Modern Air Combat) have lost many players due to the bad keyboard layout.

Does anyone know how this will be sorted ?

Instead of switching fire modes by pressing space I think they moved it to the f key which is nice

http://armedassault.sk/images/invex_06/invex15.jpg (look at the top left corner)

I think there was also a screenshot with "x0.500" speed, so perhaps we can slow down time as well.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 21 2006,20:12)]A-S-D-W-E standard movement and leaning will be Crtl+A (left) or Crtl+D (right) and rolling will be Alt+A or Alt+D.

Id say it will be classic WSAD and Q+E as leaning left and right while standing and crouching. When prone, Q+E will be roll left and right. Thats the way its done in Americas Army Operations and it works fine.

At GC it wasn't configured as ofp was. Leaning will be on E and Q (right and left). If the player wants to go he has to push 'W' but if he wants to run he has to push it two times 'W+W'. I don't know where the option to kneel is occupied on the keyboard. There was a 2nd option to move quickly to the left or right side by pushing A or D two times... whistle.gif

I hope i can turn it in ofp like sttings with WGL5.1 (leaning: shift + A or shift+ D; if you are lying on the ground you hve to push shift + A or D to roll to the left or right side...)

telejunky

I think there was also a screenshot with "x0.500" speed, so perhaps we can slow down time as well.

That would be a bit unrealistic, i hope it isnt included.

It'll be an SP only feature so you can just chose not to use it.

Some chose to drive vehicles from the inside even though it's greatly beneficial to use 3rd person cam. Same thing.

It'll let the movie makers make some funky matrix like stuff if anything smile_o.gif

As realistic as x2.000 speed is too. I really needed that features sometimes so i hope it will be included.

Quote[/b] ]Id say it will be classic WSAD and Q+E as leaning left and right while standing and crouching. When prone, Q+E will be roll left and right. Thats the way its done in Americas Army Operations and it works fine.

I hope the controls will be fully customizeable. I am left-handed and I hate fixed WSAD controls as I do use the lfet hand for the mouse. Either BIS will include NumPad setup for freaks like me or let us reassign the keys completely.

Then I can see no problem.

For time acceleration, why shouldn´t it be in ? Has been a nice feature for singleplayer marathons and no option in MP. If they keep it like that, I´m happy.

I see no reason for Arma to differ from the rest of all games, so I suppose you can bind your own keys.....

I myself use only keypad when gaming. Is more intuitive (for me) than ASWD.

99.9% sure changing time acceleration will be single player feature only in arma. It was SP only in ofp.

As realistic as x2.000 speed is too. I really needed that features sometimes so i hope it will be included.

No i think he meant that 0.5x would be cheating in a firefight and the temptation would always be there to use it.

then thats his own problem, it is already possible with playing 0.5 in OFP, or 0.2... i used it alot when i tweaked my weapons.

Firing a M136, slow down right before it hits, change camera view and see where it hits and what happens.

I feel sorry for people that doesnt have enough self discipline, you guys always use cadet mode and put every help aid on? I mean you could do that..