Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[CAMP] Aurora of Tonal

Aurora of Tonal

Type: Campaign

t_image089.JPG t_image107.JPG

New Tonali campaign with LSR Delta Rangers.

You can imagine yourself to a Delta and two Ranger leaders' shoes in a big operation against the new islamic government of Tonal.

When the Tonali government formed a coalition government with the former rebels, the new Prime Minister introduced sharia laws, and several russian scientists were invited to start a tonali nuclear program. The U.S. government reacted, and tried to negotiate with their old allies in the former tonali government. It was futile. Too many of them had vanished and the reminder feared repercussions from the religious police. The President of the U.S. has ordered a surgical strike against the Tonali islands, to prevent the estabilishment of the new government and force the country back to democracy.

t_image053.JPG t_image069.JPG

DOWNLOAD campaign v1.0

Features:

- No "alone in the dark" missions

- Great shootouts

- Anti-lastloon

- You can use support (CAS, armored, arty)

- Tonal feeling with nice LSR addons.

The required addons:

(If you have an Addon folder for Revolt 1998, you don't need any download, you can use that.)

BAS Tonali island and OpForce

BAS Tonali patch 1, BAS Tonali patch 2

BAS BlackHawks

LSR DeltaRangers:

LSR DeRa

LSR Weap

JAM2 or higher

CBT HMMWV 1.0

CBT Bradley 1.4

CBT Misc 1.0

CBT crew 1.0

t_image307.JPG

Since I can't currently login on OFPEC, this cames quite in handy.

Yay, I beated HeyHiHello (the future Spamming King) in posting here!!!  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Yay, I beated HeyHiHello (the future Spamming King) in posting here!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Yes, I think we've all noticed a sudden drop in maturity crazy_o.gif

Anyways, the campaign sounds nice, too bad I have 0 time to play OFP sad_o.gif

JW

smile_o.gif

Thanks bardosy for this.

Like J W I have 0 time for OFP nowadays, but at some point I'll definitely be trying this with and without Ebud's Tonal update.

Cheers,

CH

Karantan i get the slight feeling that you made the

mistake yourself now which you're JW accusing having

made. smile_o.gif

I feel his post more being lead towards the guy you

mentioned and not towards you. wink_o.gif

Correct me if i'm wrong JW without taking karantans

reaction too serious. smile_o.gif

Gonna have to check this campaign out then - nice one. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

Well Chris Death, maybe you're right, and if it is so, then my appologies to JW, but this was/is not so evident from his post, isn't it? It fools me though,,, And I like to hear it from JW that misunderstanding is here on place, then'll edit/erase that post.

Yea, good stuff bardosy, I'm enjoying it. Man, if I only could tell/compose the story as nicely as you do,,,

I liked the campaign's "style" meaning addons used and release, it was pretty much spot on. Good work.

I played the first mission, it was also nice. Good work again.

However, why are you giving a spoilers in this image: http://lacko.pcdome.hu/Opflash/Aurora/image089.JPG ? At least I'd like to find out that playing the campaign, or is that some weird hype style to catch all the YouKnowWhatMovie fans? smile_o.gif

Hello Bardosy,

I'm having fun playing this campaign. Particularly like the way quite a few missions evolve and have a sting in their tale. Have encountered something odd though. After I had completed the mission where I had to rescue the Nuns/Catholics and got what was left of my team outta there the next mission began - 'Our property' but for some reason most of my team are now dead at the starting site? Why? what happened? Left with only three guys left to assault a desert base and re-capture the Bradley I didn't think this fair so edited it to make it fairer. Seems like a script kills em but without explanation? Otherwise excellent, with a few more cut scenes and a slight bit of polishing on the language/prose side it'd be up there with the best.

Hula.

Hi Hulla!

Thank you for playing with my campaign!

I played this campaign yesterday again and I found two strange things on that mission (Blood of Christ).

1., (I think this is the same problem) When I arrived to near Lorengau, I ordered my men to disembark, but I have no time to check they really disembarked, becase the lot of enemies. But when I clear the area, I found three of my men laying near the truck. They were dead, but my command indicator show they are alive. I tried get status from them and they respond like a live soldier... I think this is a BAS bug, or I don't know.

And the end of this mission there is a script, what save the status of your men and the start of the next mission (Our property) an other script load their status. But if any of your man was dead at the and of the Blood of Christ, he will not playing in the next mission. (I scripted their exists). So if your men are dead at the begining of Our property, I think this is because the same BAS-bug. But I'll check it again...

2., It's only fun (or not). Are you realised that one of the nuns are semi-invisible? A black nun's body and head are transparent, but her leg and hands are visible... It's an other BAS-bug... smile_o.gif

Thanks for your bug report!

Hello Bardosy,

Have completed your campaign and have really enjoyed it. A nice balance all round.. please continue it!

I have taken the liberty of amending your briefings so that the text reads fluidly. Hope you don't mind.

The edited briefings can be found here.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/16695e/

Hula.

Quote[/b] ]When I arrived to near Lorengau, I ordered my men to disembark, but I have no time to check they really disembarked, becase the lot of enemies. But when I clear the area, I found three of my men laying near the truck. They were dead, but my command indicator show they are alive. I tried get status from them and they respond like a live soldier... I think this is a BAS bug, or I don't know.

Sounds very much like the setdammage bug. Setdammage a unit over 0.9 and have him disembark a vehicle:

-He'll drop dead on the ground but won't really die

-can take weapons near the corpse, even set and detonate satchels

-can use radio normally and command troops

-can't move or fire, sit down, salute etc

This also breaks respawn in multiplayer missions. There's no way to kill the living dead. Actually, they are not in their corpses anymore, you can take the corpse away but the soul will stay where it left the body.

Sounds very much like the setdammage bug. Setdammage a unit over 0.9 and have him disembark a vehicle:

Thanks for the info.

I didn't setdammage these soldiers from script, but they could hit by a BAS anti personel RPG before they disembark. This AP-RPG didn't hurt the truck, but can kill the soldiers. (maybe BAS scripted this with setdammage?)

And int the end of the mission I check the solders one by one and if he is alive (alive function) I save a variable for him (and his status (weapons, dammage)). And the begining of the next mission I load the variables and set the soldiers' exists by the values of variables and then load their status.

So if I understand you, the alive function is true for these living deads and they will exists on the next mission, but their status are very close to the death. Is it?

And int the end of the mission I check the solders one by one and if he is alive (alive function) I save a variable for him (and his status (weapons, dammage)). And the begining of the next mission I load the variables and set the soldiers' exists by the values of variables and then load their status.

saveStatus is very tricky, I had alot of problems with it on PMC Ranger Path previously. Older mission retrys and such will cause havoc to it, I always suggest users delete the campaign's save directory/files before installing new version etc. Basically at mission start I'll do if (alive unitName) then { unitName setDammage 0; }; to make sure there is nobody injured/whacked. Dunno if this really is the same problem, but might we worth to investigate.

I played your campaign some more, its really nice. Loved the city fighting. Also very good work on the mission technics at the mission which I dont spoil the storyline by saying more... smile_o.gif

Thanks Snake,

I didn't want do what you suggested (setdammage 0), because if a soldier are wounded, let he wounded in the next mission. But your info is changed my mind. So in the next version I will do this setdammage 0.

I'm really happy if you enjoy the urban fight, because I'm affraid this is too laggy (Kimbe is a very laggy town) and the most of players will stop playing because this.

Generaly Aurora was inspirated by Revolt 1998, but I must say, your Ranger path also motivate me, when I made it.

if a soldier are wounded, let he wounded in the next mission.

Maybe in tense situations where time is short, but I think with normal situations where you can rest and so on, nobody would be sent to the field injured. At least thats what I think, I have no hard facts on real life situations, but it makes sense smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm really happy if you enjoy the urban fight, because I'm affraid this is too laggy (Kimbe is a very laggy town) and the most of players will stop playing because this.

Well it was playable, not enjoyable on my default settings of 1500 viewdistance. So I dropped it to the minimum of 500m because you really cant see much further than 100m or so meters in the city anyways.

Damned it was tough, scary to advance in the city streets. First impression was that maybe it was bit short in a way. I cleared one street (directly opposite of my starting location), the other Ranger squad took the parallel street.

Quote[/b] ]Generaly Aurora was inspirated by Revolt 1998, but I must say, your Ranger path also motivate me, when I made it.

Wow, nice to hear! smile_o.gif

I'll try to remember to test it soon.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe in tense situations where time is short, but I think with normal situations where you can rest and so on, nobody would be sent to the field injured.

Yes. I used this way (savestatus) only in three missions, but these are very closed and there is no medevac between the missions. Theoretically it's one mission and there is no possibility to rearm or medevac. I wanted to force the player to save his medic over these three missions, because he (the medic) is very valuable.

I just completed the campaign. Overall its excellent work. There sure are some typos and weird english on the briefings/radio comms titletext's, but that wont effect as the overall mission technics work so good. I dont recall having seen any bugs at all.

I really liked this campaign.

On some of the city street fights I just had this slow advance process where I moved one or two of my guys at one time and rest were covering. Boy did those skinnies get it good smile_o.gif

This campaign is highly recommended, everyone should try it out!