Sign in to follow this  
maxqubit

Steel the map (or laptop)

Hi,

I toying with the editor and have this idea. I (player) must steel a laptop (laptop being EMPTY OBJECT) and bring it to some destination to succesfully end the mission

1. How can i take this laptop with me? As i don't get some 'Take laptop option' when close to this laptop

2. How do i define the trigger to end the mission? (I think its something like being 'present' of 'laptop1' in the destination area or something ... this i can find out myself probably;)

T.i.a.

(Answers can be short, i can find my way around the editor, i'm just new to this and need some pointers ... i already read the FAQ and search a bit, but couldn't find anything on 'take EMPTY OBJECT' thingy)

Ok, in short ....  wink_o.gif

When you're near the laptop, use addAction command:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player addAction ["Take laptop", "takeit.sqs"]

Make a script (takeit.sqs), in which put deleteVehicle for that laptop, and a variable, which will serve as (an aditional) condition for the end trigger.

Of course you can modify the things to your liking.

Ok, in short .... ;)

When you're near the laptop, use addAction command:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player addAction ["Take laptop", "takeit.sqs"]

Make a script (takeit.sqs), in which put deleteVehicle for that laptop, and a variable, which will serve as (an aditional) condition for the end trigger.

Of course you can modify the things to your liking.

Yep, that IS the/a pointer i was looking for. Will try it tonite. Thx mate:)

Edit: Yesss, got it working. Thx very much for the pointer! What fun to toy with the editor:)